Weekend's other games....

tisspahars

People do seem genuinely confused. It isn’t at all complicated, beat Swansea and NOTHING ELSE matters. Win one game against a shocking Swansea team (where we usually do quite well) and we can all relax. If we don’t do it then we probably deserve to go down.

People do seem genuinely confused. It isn’t at all complicated, beat Swansea and NOTHING ELSE matters. Win one game against a shocking Swansea team (where we usually do quite well) and we can all relax. If we don’t do it then we probably deserve to go down.

It really is this simple. This weekends results have created this clear oppertunity.

Still maintain what I said yesterday. Getting one point rather than 3 yesterday will ultimately not make much of a difference. Never bought into the idea that Huddersfield wouldn’t get another point and I just can’t see Swansea not beating Stoke. A point against Swansea would not have been enough. A win was always going to be what we needed on Tuesday and it still is. Stop the negativity and doom and gloom. The point yesterday lifts us out of the bottom three and puts our fate back in our hands. Performances have been 100x better than under the last clown. Players seem up for it. Bring on Tuesday!

I don't think we are confused, but everything seems to be contriving against us. Its hard to have appositive attitude as so many things go against us

It's the same for Swansea too. Form means nothing in these scenarios. Look at the play offs every year.

Swansea will be as bang up for this game as us.

It's the same for Swansea too. Form means nothing in these scenarios. Look at the play offs every year.

Swansea will be as bang up for this game as us.

Their crowd will make a massive difference. We need to be strong mentally, and that has been a problem all season

Something that would matter after beating Swansea would be losing 0-8 to City.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is there a drearier side in the premiership than Huddersfield? So dull. Really wanted them down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Town can only play with the hand they have got ,we didn't start the season with a premier league team or infrastructure ,we have had to sort it as we go along ,whereas the likes of yourselves ,Swansea,Stoke,WBA started the season with premier league squads ,the football we have played has been poor but necessary in recent weeks

Anyway good luck with next 2 games ,think Town may just stay up now ,think you will as well as it happens ,what a massive game on Tuesday night

Steve

Goal difference means a point for Huddersfield makes no difference to us surely?

Probably, but not definitely. For example, if we draw our last 2 matches their point today could be the difference between them staying up and us going down.

Town can only play with the hand they have got ,we didn't start the season with a premier league team or infrastructure ,we have had to sort it as we go along ,whereas the likes of yourselves ,Swansea,Stoke,WBA started the season with premier league squads ,the football we have played has been poor but necessary in recent weeks

Anyway good luck with next 2 games ,think Town may just stay up now ,think you will as well as it happens ,what a massive game on Tuesday night

Steve

don't bother, you are only here as now you are basically safe.

Something that would matter after beating Swansea would be losing 0-8 to City.

Not quite, it would need a nine goal swing. If we beat Swansea, but lose 5-0 to City and they beat Stoke 4-0, they finish ahead of us.

Still maintain what I said yesterday. Getting one point rather than 3 yesterday will ultimately not make much of a difference. Never bought into the idea that Huddersfield wouldn’t get another point and I just can’t see Swansea not beating Stoke. A point against Swansea would not have been enough. A win was always going to be what we needed on Tuesday and it still is. Stop the negativity and doom and gloom. The point yesterday lifts us out of the bottom three and puts our fate back in our hands. Performances have been 100x better than under the last clown. Players seem up for it. Bring on Tuesday!

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?59469-Relegation-The-Run-In&p=2625216#post2625216

If we'd won yesterday a draw could well have been enough against Swansea. Now we almost certainly need to win.

Edited by Dark Munster

That's not right. We would be on 36 pts and Swansea 34 pts going into the last game. People seem to forget the other team also get a point for a draw ;)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

That is what I think. Now Huddersfield got that unexpected point, winning yesterday would have us in the exact same position as we are now.

QUOTE=Batman;2625381]That is what I think. Now Huddersfield got that unexpected point, winning yesterday would have us in the exact same position as we are now.

Except that our prospects of getting a point or points against City now look better. What's not to like, last day of the season, massive crowd behind the team..City will certainly crumble anyway .:)

*ignore my post*

This.

I think we do deserve to go down, arrogance and incompetence at board level nothing short of discraceful. If we survive it’ll be down to luck more than anything else. Let’s hope we do and have a complete change on all levels and next season go again with a fresh start (I think id keep Hughes regardless now, really like him - even if results haven’t been great, performances have and the players seem to like him).

This.

I think we do deserve to go down, arrogance and incompetence at board level nothing short of discraceful. If we survive it’ll be down to luck more than anything else. Let’s hope we do and have a complete change on all levels and next season go again with a fresh start (I think id keep Hughes regardless now, really like him - even if results haven’t been great, performances have and the players seem to like him).

What's wrong with being lucky?

Since their new manager came in only Spurs & Chelsea have won there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This.

Appointing Pellegrino

Not sacking Pellegrino in November, ditto December, ditto January, ditto February

Not replacing VD

Buying Carrillo

Doubtless there are more but these are the main outstanding **** ups that have me agreeing with you that we deserve to go down.

Appointing Pellegrino

Not sacking Pellegrino in November, ditto December, ditto January, ditto February

Not replacing VD

Buying Carrillo

Doubtless there are more but these are the main outstanding **** ups that have me agreeing with you that we deserve to go down.

WE don't deserve anything , The owners and board on the other hand most certainly do !

Saints fans have been very silent and at times, pretty compliant in some of this during the season
You haven't been to many games this season have you, fans have been anything but silent.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Saints fans have been very silent and at times, pretty compliant in some of this during the season

Some believed the spin. I don't blame some of the fans for being totally niave, but agree the soft under belly of the typical saints fan has enabled Kat, Les and Hockey boy to destroy something great very very very quickly

Saints fans are just happy to have a club remember

Some believed the spin. I don't blame some of the fans for being totally niave, but agree the soft under belly of the typical saints fan has enabled Kat, Les and Hockey boy to destroy something great very very very quickly

Saints fans are just happy to have a club remember

Tick. (sorry Trousers I don't know how to post pictures).

Quite emotional watching Arsene’s farewell.

Sad day really. End of an era. We will never see the likes of him and ferguson again. It went a bit sour for him at the end but he's been a great manager and produced one of the greatest sides we've ever seen.

Indeed, he may of overstayed his welcome by a couple of years, but you can't dispute he has been massive for Arsenal and English football in general. Will be interesting to see who takes over from him.

I don't think we are confused, but everything seems to be contriving against us. Its hard to have appositive attitude as so many things go against us

That's what happens when you worry about the wrong things. This time next week you'll have all the answers so forget about the others teams and what/ifs/maybe's.

Sad day really. End of an era. We will never see the likes of him and ferguson again. It went a bit sour for him at the end but he's been a great manager and produced one of the greatest sides we've ever seen.

What's sad about a bloke of nearly seventy walking off into the sunset with best part of £100m in his back pocket courtesy of Sky Sports courtesy of you me and all our fellow mugs who made all that possible. The owes us a debt of gratitude not the other way around!

Not quite, it would need a nine goal swing. If we beat Swansea, but lose 5-0 to City and they beat Stoke 4-0, they finish ahead of us.
Given how our season has gone, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this is exactly what happens!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

But the 0-8 defeat only matters if Swansea beat Stoke, which would improve their GD by at least one. Making a nine goal swing.

But the 0-8 defeat only matters if Swansea beat Stoke, which would improve their GD by at least one. Making a nine goal swing.

Let's worry about that once we've got the formality of beating Swansea out of the way first, eh? :thumbup:

If we hadn't have got a point yesterday, then we could have beaten Swansea and yet still finish below them due to final day results (i.e. us losing to City and them beating Stoke). Now it would require a crazy (not impossible given the fixtures) couple of results.

You're right in that it hasn't made much difference to how we should approach Tuesday, but it has made a difference to the final day IF we are able to beat Swansea.

Fulham will be playing Derby in the playoffs after losing to Birmingham today.

Two results from the Championship today that I was looking for - just in case the inevitable happens - Burton Albion lost (was hoping they'd stay up for a new away), and Fulham , if they don't make it will Jokanovic be back on our radar?

Two results from the Championship today that I was looking for - just in case the inevitable happens - Burton Albion lost (was hoping they'd stay up for a new away), and Fulham , if they don't make it will Jokanovic be back on our radar?

Only if we stay up I’d have thought, in which case I’d imagine Hughes will still be here. I’d like Fulham to be in the same division as us for an away game within walking distance of my house, especially with the neutral end meaning we can take the whole end.

Not quite that simple, we relax against Man City and could walk into the only kind of result that could matter.

Though every goal we win by against Swansea would be two more they'd have to claw back from the goal difference, so I think at somewhere like a 3 goal lead I'd be comfortable even a highly motivated top of their game Man City (which they certainly weren't on Sunday) and an inept, relegated Stoke, couldn't overturn the difference. And Huddersfield not getting another point might still offer a safety net too.

Man City have got the flip-flops on. 6 points.

I am hoping the massive bo11ocking Guardiola will hand out later for their dismal showing against Huddersfield will only affect their performance on Wednesday against Brighton, and they go back to sleep for the weekend. They were probably distracted by the trophy presentation (and the presence of Everton-loanee Mangala in full kit) and won't be that bad at St Mary's. That 100 point target is still bothering me now they've already dropped the 2 points I was hoping they'd drop against us...

Can see us losing to Swansea and beating Citeh, and Stoke beating Swansea. Not sure my heart could take that!

We'd still be above Huddersfield if they lost to Chelsea and Arsenal no matter the Stoke result...