The best player in MLS ever.... Bradley Wright-Phillips?

lumuah

I'd look amazing in that league and I am ****. Lost all respect for any half decent English players that end up in that American girls league. EFL League 2 is better quality

Why? If they're offered more money why wouldn't they take it?

I'd look amazing in that league and I am ****. Lost all respect for any half decent English players that end up in that American girls league. EFL League 2 is better quality

Have you ever seen an MLS match? The atmosphere at most of the grounds is better than in England and the games are more exciting too. Quality has improved over the years, lots of good young players from Central America and South America playing in there.

Have you ever seen an MLS match? The atmosphere at most of the grounds is better than in England and the games are more exciting too. Quality has improved over the years, lots of good young players from Central America and South America playing in there.

Yup. Crap

MLS is utterly awful. The quality is terrible and says it all that Wright-Phillips is talked up like this when he didn't play regularly for L1 CHarlton.

PLenty of excitement and atmosphere at MLS games....but quality, absolutely not.

Seen loads. , Vancouver Whitecaps play indoors to a group of fans who passively enjoy not knowing much, the drone of "Come on Seattle" makes you want to pull your teeth out but at least they did call Stevie G a Wenger when he played like the immobile lump he was, and Bradley probably benefitted a great deal from Henri and Cahill playing in the same team and even though their legs had gone mentally they were 20 seconds or more ahead of their team-mates. The US players strike me as as physically adept as any reasonable professional but by and large the actual football 'talent' is still from elsewhere. The US players I've seen (I exclude Clint Dempsey because he actually is good) are functional and nothing more. They could be Burnley in disguise, but with even less talent.

I would say that any half decent pro should be able to do ok over there if they work hard and have a bit of skill. It's that element that so many of them seem to lack.

I was in Portland once and they were asking me all sorts of questions about Matt Le Tissier etc. I was pleasantly surprised, but they are definitely the most knowledgeable fans. Other than basketball, soccer is the number one sport there.

Anyone who thinks MLS is poor clearly hasn't seen the A League in Australia. Rotten from top to bottom - the quality of the football, attendances, the refereeing, the buffoons on the VAR, the end of season 'Play - Offs' farce that has just seen the team that finished 4th out of 10 being crowned 'Champions'. Football is dying out here.

Anyone who thinks MLS is poor clearly hasn't seen the A League in Australia. Rotten from top to bottom - the quality of the football, attendances, the refereeing, the buffoons on the VAR, the end of season 'Play - Offs' farce that has just seen the team that finished 4th out of 10 being crowned 'Champions'. Football is dying out here.

I can second that! Went to a few Sydney FC games and the standard is so bad. Don’t think the locals realise it either.

They also have a salary cap (I think?), which makes things much more interesting.

Yeh they do, they can have 3 or 4 (?) I think 'designated players' where you can basically pay them what you want, but the rest of the squad has to fit within the salary cap.

If English football should learn anything from US sports, that is probably it.

No way you would. I go to Atlanta Utd home games and pack out the stadium with 75,000 and play attractive attacking entertaining football managed by an ex Barca and Argentina manager. We have got rid of the journeymen Premier League players in Kenwynne Jones and Tyrone Mears and replaced them with young South American talent.

If only Saints were playing like my MLS team.

No way you would. I go to Atlanta Utd home games and pack out the stadium with 75,000 and play attractive attacking entertaining football managed by an ex Barca and Argentina manager. We have got rid of the journeymen Premier League players in Kenwynne Jones and Tyrone Mears and replaced them with young South American talent.

If only Saints were playing like my MLS team.

That is generally an exception to the rule, however. I go to watch my local Quakes, and we fail to fill an 18000 seat stadium, and are almost always complete ****.

G'day, mate. Football was never alive there, mate.