Everton v Saints - Match Thread

St Chalet

This game reminds me of when Hull came to St Mary's under Silva. We were everton in that case, had nothing to play for and offered nothing. The win was there for Silva and Hull but they took the draw.

They went down.

I hope we go for the win!!

This is by far our most winnable game left. But are are going to go for it? So safe. Tadic isn't playing well, we've zero pace. Austin is pointless in tactics like this. Either need JWP on for one of the CMs, or some pace to support him.

If you haven't noticed yet, Hughes plays safe until midway through the second half, then goes for the win if its there.

]This is by far our most winnable game left[/b]. But are are going to go for it? So safe. Tadic isn't playing well' date=' we've zero pace. Austin is pointless in tactics like this. Either need JWP on for one of the CMs, or some pace to support him.[/quote']

I reckon that's Swansea. Did you see them against Bournemouth. Offered nothing at all. If we show up their with any sort of intent - which is not a given I know - we should take them pretty comfortably.

We look comfortably better than at any time under that plank Pellegrino (except, ironically the home game against Everton but that was down them being in disarray). Convinced if we'd got rid of him even just 2 or 3 games earlier we'd have been fine. C'mon Saints lets do this.

I think Pellegrino or Puel would've been slaughtered for setting up with a back five, three holding midfielders and slowly passing the ball sideways and backwards with zero attacking intent, but hey.

Everton are awful. The kind of awful that ends with them scrambling the only goal of the game from a set piece while Allardyce cups his ear to the crowd and declares they're lucky to have him.

Let's go for it. We can win if we're brave.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Got to go ‘**** or bust’ in 2nd half, I don’t agree that a point is good enough!

This. Winning away is never easy and although we’ve got better players than Swansea, probability would suggest it’s not that likely. We’re fighting and scrapping and the improvement is clear. Keep it up boys. COYR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we'll do better at Swansea, the game will be more open as it was against Bournemouth. Hard to break down a team who are parking the bus.
I will be amazed if Swansea are as poor and slow as Everton.

Today is a massive chance to win.