Everton 1 Saints 1

St Chalet

Can't you get some happy pills or something ??

According to the pre match thread you think we are

"Crap. Very crap."

You would be amazed if we managed to get a point.

Do you have no faith in the team you claim to support??

Not really, this season anyway

Gutted, so nearly. The injury time was fair enough, and not the issue. The "foul" by Redmond was probably not a foul, and the free kick taken from 10-20 yards from where the "offence" happened was the issue, Moss is an embarrassment, again. Hopefully missing Yoshida at Swansea will not cost us, we have Jack to come in, would have been nice to have the option of dropping Wesley Liability Hoedt.

so we dont get to blame the referee for allowing a free kick to be taken 10 yards ahead of the foul yet again! meaning they were able to kick the ball upfield from a position where they were both running staight onto the ball to kick it instead of having to get a player behind the ball allowing our players to get better in shape let alone the player who comited the foul ( which i state in the losest way posible) being now behind the ball and totally out of the game!

go away please, we may have caused this situation ourselves but anybody who wants to claim the referees havent played a major role needs there head seeing to

It was right up the other end of the pitch over 90 yds from our goal.

Gutted, so nearly. The injury time was fair enough, and not the issue. The "foul" by Redmond was probably not a foul, and the free kick taken from 10-20 yards from where the "offence" happened was the issue, Moss is an embarrassment, again. Hopefully missing Yoshida at Swansea will not cost us, we have Jack to come in, would have been nice to have the option of dropping Wesley Liability Hoedt.

The deflection for their goal came off Hoedt.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

Gutting not win but... Ultimately, does it change a huge amount? Even if we had won today we would of needed a result at Swansea realistically as I can’t see Stoke doing us any favours on the last day. Good point, go for the win at Swansea who leaked chances against against Bournemouth today

Ultimately this. We would have still needed to be beat Swansea IMHO.

Also a real shame that we aren't here talking about Alex McCarthy saving us another 3 vital points. His stop from Baines' free kick was probably better than last week's vs Ryan Fraser.

Forster certainly wouldn't have saved it.

So reminiscent of Marcus Bent in 2005. All we had to do was run down the clock.

However, the point is absolutely crucial. It's in our hands now. Beat Swansea and we stay up, barring a highly improbable GD swing on the final day. Simple as that.

It really was. That was the last time I felt this devastated after a last nano-second equaliser. ****sake that and losing Yoshida for the Swansea game might have done us I think.

Give it a rest. We should have killed that game well before the end anyway but a free kick to them right down the other end of the pitch shouldn’t be a problem to anybody.

So, because it shouldn't have ****ed us over, it's ok that the ref actually ****ed us over? Have I got that right?

Give it a rest. We should have killed that game well before the end anyway but a free kick to them right down the other end of the pitch shouldn’t be a problem to anybody.

He let them take it out of position. Long and Remond would have had time to regroup as would the midfield. Also, vital seconds would have ebbed off the clock when they were made to go back 10 yards to retake.

After that cheating c**t at Watford handed that equaliser I said the 2 points he's cost us will probably be that 2 points that would have kept us up at the end of the season. After seeing that today I'm convinced we're destined for the drop. Nothing has gone our way this season.

One step closer to a bitter sweet £2,500 to help me get over the disappointment. :-/

So, because it shouldn't have ****ed us over, it's ok that the ref actually ****ed us over? Have I got that right?

What are you on about? What did the ref do that you don’t agree with?

We should have managed the last few minutes better. Cedric should have stayed on his feet whatever. Bertrand should have put the ball out of the ground. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

didnt something very similar happen against Everton last time we got relegated? Bent scored in the last minute I seem to remember...

Of course we CAN go and beat Swansea.

It just all feels very two thousand and fivey

didnt something very similar happen against Everton last time we got relegated? Bent scored in the last minute I seem to remember...

Of course we CAN go and beat Swansea.

It just all feels very two thousand and fivey

Last kick of the game at home, finished 2-2. Crouch went for goal at the death when he should have went for the corner......

Those things never leave your mind.

What are you on about? What did the ref do that you don’t agree with?

We should have managed the last few minutes better. Cedric should have stayed on his feet whatever. Bertrand should have put the ball out of the ground. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

They didn’t take the free kick from the spot if the alleged foul. They just punted it from 10yards further forward with Redmond and Long out of position.

On way back from game. Gutting to concede at the death but why is everyone moaning about the injury time? Cedric was down for over a minute so that means we go into the 6th minute. Genuinely intrigued as to why people think the ref got it wrong.

If we had won the danger would have been to go to Swansea with a mentaility that a draw is enough and get beaten. We now know that a win will keep us up. Change in psychology is not so bad. We are playing well and are on a mini run. Just have to keep it going.

OK.The officials were lacking but Bertrand lost us two points by not clearing into touch.He should have hoofed it out of the effing ground.He kept them in the game when we just about had it in the bag.Its the story of our season.

Edited by hasper57saint
word missing

On way back from game. Gutting to concede at the death but why is everyone moaning about the injury time? Cedric was down for over a minute so that means we go into the 6th minute. Genuinely intrigued as to why people think the ref got it wrong.

Not fussing about the injury time added, it’s the freekick taken in utterly the wrong place. It was never a foul by redders and the freekick was taken at least 15yards out of position. Berty should have put it in row z but the ref has cost us today.

However, even a win today and we’d need to beat Swansea.

Beat Swansea and we’re safe.

COYR!!

Not fussing about the injury time added, it’s the freekick taken in utterly the wrong place. It was never a foul by redders and the freekick was taken at least 15yards out of position. Berty should have put it in row z but the ref has cost us today.

However, even a win today and we’d need to beat Swansea.

Beat Swansea and we’re safe.

COYR!!

Yes, but we would be above Huddersfiled who might not win their last games.

Here’s the good news. I don’t think there are any gods. And if there are, I truly don’t believe they have a plan re which team is relegated in some strange sport played by weird apes on an obscure planet. So we just man up, channel the anger and disappointment into laser determination, and dazzle the crap out of Swansea on Tues. what the last few weeks have shown is that WE ARE BETTER than Swansea. So let’s just go there and prove that. There’s massive luck at work n any game of football. But today our chances of avoiding relegation improved.

People need to stop blaming players for that and accept we got a point.

I feel as cheated as anybody else since Everton were dross and deserved 0 points.

A fluke deflection from a defender in the 6th minute of extra time :mcinnes:

Just like before we need to win on Tuesday, but at least we are 17th.

Fingers crossed City don't screw up tomorrow, and lets hope the players can recover from that and be ready to go out and beat Swansea.

TBF that was a great goal - well done Cedric and Nathan!

What ifs......

Sh*t ref decision in the last minute at Watford, and p*ss poor decision to give a foul against Redmond when the assistant ref was 25cm away and saw no wrong.

What if, when 2-0 up at home to Chelski, we manage to defend for 8 minutes ?

What if, when 2-0 up at home to Chelski, we manage to defend for 8 minutes ?

Or the referee sent off the guy who would play a part in all 3 of those Chelsea goals.

We've been ****e but we have had some absolutely shocking decisions go against us in 2018.

What ifs......

Sh*t ref decision in the last minute at Watford, and p*ss poor decision to give a foul against Redmond when the assistant ref was 25cm away and saw no wrong.

What if we'd have beaten Huddersfield, Swansea, Brighton etc at home. Can't pin any eventual outcome on any result for me.

In the context of all results today, 1-1 is a positive. We are out of the bottom 3, win at Swansea and we are basically there.

But for f**ks sake.

This. Gutting today but even if we'd won today we would have still had to beat Swansea cos Huddersfield will get something from their 3 games. Look at Brighton last night and wba today!!!