Everton 1 Saints 1

St Chalet

It goes down to a winner takes all vs Swansea then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite winner takes all, they can afford a draw, they will beat Stoke easily (which is why I wanted Stoke to win today).

However, it is in our hands.

We know what we need to do and on this showing we should have enough to beat Swansea.

As for the game, refs are an absolute joke.

We have some idiots on here tonight.

We played really well. Very very unlucky. The ref was awful (can’t ever remember Poll on the TV being so critical of the Redmond “foul” and where he let the kick be taken from).

We are out of the relegation zone. We have a very good manager (at last).

Play like that for the next two games and we’ll be safe.

COYR

Or the referee sent off the guy who would play a part in all 3 of those Chelsea goals.

We've been ****e but we have had some absolutely shocking decisions go against us in 2018.

Ref played on until Sterling winner too.

On way back from game. Gutting to concede at the death but why is everyone moaning about the injury time? Cedric was down for over a minute so that means we go into the 6th minute. Genuinely intrigued as to why people think the ref got it wrong.

Emotion may come into play I suspect. Ultimately we have to look beyond today - as gutting as it was - and consider who the **** is responsible for keeping Pellegrino in a job for so ****ing long when it was so ****ing obvious that he was totally and uttterly ****ing out of his depth well before the end of the last calendar year. Hughes has shown that, given a reasonable amount of time a half decent manager would have kept us up. Now here we are biting our cuticles sat on a knife edge. Take a bow Les.

That is ****ing cruel. 3 points and we’d have gone above Huddersfield and virtually been safe. Now we’re back under pressure against Swansea. All or nothing.

I’d have been happy with a point before the game too, but not like that...

Actually a win against everton would still mean we had to win at swansea as I think Huddersfield will win their last game against an arsenal side with nothing to play for

So despite the major disappointment a draw is not that different for us and means we have to fully focus on the win that keeps us up

Actually a win against everton would still mean we had to win at swansea as I think Huddersfield will win their last game against an arsenal side with nothing to play for

So despite the major disappointment a draw is not that different for us and means we have to fully focus on the win that keeps us up

Indeed.

If we'd won today, a point against Swansea would've been enough to keep us ahead of them on GD barring a huge swing on the last day, no? Dropping those two points today hugely narrows our chances of survival.

You are probably right. Arsenal are flakey as **** away from home

If we'd won today, a point against Swansea would've been enough to keep us ahead of them on GD barring a huge swing on the last day, no? Dropping those two points today hugely narrows our chances of survival.

Ignore me, we might still have needed a draw on the last day.

A very brave performance from Saints, who were quite definitely the better team and deserved the three points. Before the whistle even blew for the kick-off, I had some tredidation that somehow Mr Moss would contrive through his incompetence to have some negative influence on us and so it proved. Apart from the free kick awarded against Bertrand that wasn't, and the allowance for it to be taken well forward from where the alleged foul occurred, there was the first yellow card against Yoshida that wasn't, and the amount of extra time that robbed us of two points. So well done, Moss, you have excelled yourself once again.

The BT commentary thought that the first half was a dull affair, but Saints had been dominant for much of it and Everton didn't carry much threat. We had showed some serious intent to get behind them and as well as the incompetent referee, the linesman on our left was also poor with two decisions. He flagged Austin offside from a superb ball from Hojbjerg, when he was miles onside. Austin would have been through into the area without the false call. Later on towards half time, Lemina had done really well getting forward, to suffer another poor decision from that linesman.

The passing and movement in the first half was good from us and we had the possession without too much goal threat. When Lemina went off at half time, I thought that Redmond was too lightweight as a replacment and Everton began to win more of the midfield. But Redmond scored a cracking goal from a good cross from Cedric that made his introduction look inspired. Cedric's crossing into the box had been poor until then, but that one was on a plate for Redmond, who apparently scored his first PL goal via a header. The other substitutions looked solid enough Tadic for J W-P and then Long on for Austin.

Having gained the lead, we played with belief and purpose and even when Yoshida was red carded for what again didn't look that bad a challenge, we were backs against the wall, but disciplined. Hoedt made a poor tackle on Coleman and Baines stepped up for the free kick in exactly the place that the commentators thought was right up his street. The kick was a good one, but McCarthy produced a fabulous save and it looked as if it might be our first win against Everton at Goodison for 21 years.

Having been so unlucky to concede so late in the game (just like against Man City/Stirling) it was a kick in the teeth and the players must feel demoralised. Now we have to pick ourselves up and beat Swansea on Tuesday. Their run in the last few matches hasn't been good and Bournemouth did us a massive favour today. We are weakened though without Yoshida and presumably Lemina too. Is Romeu going to be absent too because of the number of yellows he has? If we are without those three, it is worrying indeed. But we know what we have to do and it is in our hands. At least the team spirit has improved under Hughes compared to that shown under the clown.

If we had won the danger would have been to go to Swansea with a mentaility that a draw is enough and get beaten. We now know that a win will keep us up. Change in psychology is not so bad. We are playing well and are on a mini run. Just have to keep it going.

Positive spin. Genuinely like it, no doubt that's what Hughes will be saying. We can still do this but ****ing hell that is properly devastating today, it really is.

No yellow for Yoshida for first challenge. No foul by Redmond. Free kick 10/15 yards from where incident was.

Not bothered about extra time. Cedric was in the deck for at least a minute.

BUT Bertrand has to put that ball in row Z. He has to take responsibility. Very poor decision.

Our players are so mentally weak. At least Hughes appt has made them physically better. The players we have are an awful mix mentally - whatever happens we need a major overhaul of that squad mentally. Hughes will have earnt his £2m if he can keep this mob up

Last kick of the game at home, finished 2-2. Crouch went for goal at the death when he should have went for the corner......

Those things never leave your mind.

Please don't. Even today I have nightmares about that. If only he had skyed it into row z, if only....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Still in shock. I was on my feet right up by the tv and just turned and walked away. Head in hands. Why always us. ****!

I was stood up in my living room from 51 minutes holding a toy corn on the cob and hotdog. Didn’t want to put them down in case they were lucky.

When they scored, they were launched across the room [emoji23]

I fear that goal today will send us down.

Being above both Swansea and Huddersfield tonight would have meant we could afford to lose the next two and probably would have still stayed up. Now even a point away at Swansea might not be enough as we will likely lose to City. We’ve won only 2 in 23, so sadly I think we will lose both our remaining games.

I’ve been the positive one amongst friends until now, but that goal has knocked me for six and I feel so low that I think only a miracle will save us now

Give it a rest. We should have killed that game well before the end anyway but a free kick to them right down the other end of the pitch shouldn’t be a problem to anybody.

Don’t get your logic ?

If he does not give a free kick to them (which it wasn’t) then we have possession in their half instead of the other way around !

His Lino was right next to the alleged foul and never gave it yet Moss decided from a distance to award it and then allow them to take it from the wrong place !

All this in the last minute when we could have run the clock down !

So it was a problem to us and that is down to an incompetent referee !

Don’t get your logic ?

If he does not give a free kick to them (which it wasn’t) then we have possession in their half instead of the other way around !

His Lino was right next to the alleged foul and never gave it yet Moss decided from a distance to award it and then allow them to take it from the wrong place !

Absolutely this!

I was stood up in my living room from 51 minutes holding a toy corn on the cob and hotdog. Didn’t want to put them down in case they were lucky.

that takes me back to when Saints let a last minute goal in against Bolton years go when we were fighting against relegation. The remote control smashed against the wall. Since then I have tried my best to cope, today I would happily punch Jon moss in the face

Don’t get your logic ?

Have you forgotten every other decision in the game? One questionable decision in the last minute has as much effect as one in the first.

A free kick down the other end of the pitch shouldn’t be a problem to any team that wants to play at this level. It was always going to be launched long at us.

We had plenty of chances to run the clock down but Bertrand decided to keep the ball alive for them.

lol i got told off my the missus for punching the lounge door. She's not talking to me now. She doesn't get it

What are you on about? What did the ref do that you don’t agree with?

We should have managed the last few minutes better. Cedric should have stayed on his feet whatever. Bertrand should have put the ball out of the ground. We have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Whitey give it a rest, we all know you are pro refs and they always get it right.

He allowed Everton to take the kick forward of where it should have been. That gave an unfair advantage that allowed the opposition to score. Yes it was in their half and we could have been stopped but the players were tired and the ref played more time that was allotted even taking into account the injury. Moss likes controversy as he want to be centre of attention. Everton scoring gives him plenty of camera time

Whitey give it a rest, we all know you are pro refs and they always get it right.

He allowed Everton to take the kick forward of where it should have been. That gave an unfair advantage that allowed the opposition to score. Yes it was in their half and we could have been stopped but the players were tired and the ref played more time that was allotted even taking into account the injury. Moss likes controversy as he want to be centre of attention. Everton scoring gives him plenty of camera time

It’s not that I’m defending refs, I’m saying that we have to live with it. Decisions go for us and they go against us. Deal with it. Move on.

Having said that, the time added on today was spot on. Cedric should have been dragged to his feet and told to hobble on and Bertrand should have put the ball in row Z instead of keeping it in play and passing it straight to them.

Have you forgotten every other decision in the game? One questionable decision in the last minute has as much effect as one in the first.

A free kick down the other end of the pitch shouldn’t be a problem to any team that wants to play at this level. It was always going to be launched long at us.

We had plenty of chances to run the clock down but Bertrand decided to keep the ball alive for them.

I’m sure that Moss made a number of ‘questionable’ decisions in this match but allowing them to quickly take a free kick from the wrong place was not questionable, it was incompetent !

It’s not that I’m defending refs, I’m saying that we have to live with it. Decisions go for us and they go against us. Deal with it. Move on.

Having said that, the time added on today was spot on. Cedric should have been dragged to his feet and told to hobble on and Bertrand should have put the ball in row Z instead of keeping it in play and passing it straight to them.

I cant recall s getting any dubious decisions to give us a win or draw this season. When we played Stoke at home the ref give us only a couple of minutes when there should have been 4

We have been on the wrong side of a lot this season.

Yes I agree the players have a lot to be blamed for, but not decisions like Mike Dean and Jon Moss where they allowed the team to take free kicks well away from where they should be. Both ending with goals against us

Why should we or any football fans have to "live with it". Why are they not held to account, why do they not have to come out to the press to explain their decisions after a game? Football is such a huge business now but the standard of refereeing still feels amateurish - key decisions can cost jobs, and I don't mean the highly paid players or managers. It is just wrong.

Gutted at the manner in which lost the two points; but, as others have already said, we would have more than likely still needed to beat Swansea even if we'd won today. The important thing is that we got the point we needed to take us level on points with Swansea. A win on Tuesday should be enough for us, and I would have taken that scenario if offered it at any time over the last few months.

Great credit to our away fans: your support came across loud and clear on the radio.

Our players are so mentally weak. At least Hughes appt has made them physically better. The players we have are an awful mix mentally - whatever happens we need a major overhaul of that squad mentally. Hughes will have earnt his £2m if he can keep this mob up

Sums it up perfectly. Sides that are weak mentally give goals away at crucial times. Just before halftime, right at the death. Last week we got away with it, but not this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure that Moss made a number of ‘questionable’ decisions in this match but allowing them to quickly take a free kick from the wrong place was not questionable, it was incompetent !

I’ve just recovered the recording and looked at it again. The free kick was taken from very close to where the free kick occurred and no nearer to our goal. That’s if you accept that it was a free kick anyway but Redmond does grab at the defender’s arm. Besides, why the hell aren’t we trying to keep possession at that late stage in the game?

Nobody has mentioned McCarthy flapping at the cross that Bertrand keeps in play right at the end.

Why should we or any football fans have to "live with it". Why are they not held to account, why do they not have to come out to the press to explain their decisions after a game? Football is such a huge business now but the standard of refereeing still feels amateurish - key decisions can cost jobs, and I don't mean the highly paid players or managers. It is just wrong.

Because in the vast majority of cases their decisions aren’t actually wrong.

Hasn’t felt so gutted by a late goal probably since, well the last time Everton scored a last minute equalise against us.

Difficult to keep putting up with so many injustices against us. If there were some half decent refs in this league we’d be safe already, it’s sickening now to be honest.

Gutted, but we can beat Swansea.

Because in the vast majority of cases their decisions aren’t actually wrong.
tell us why Moss allowed the free kick taken 10 yards away from the so called foul. I assume you defend him on those 2 as well

I’ve just recovered the recording and looked at it again. The free kick was taken from very close to where the free kick occurred and no nearer to our goal. That’s if you accept that it was a free kick anyway but Redmond does grab at the defender’s arm. Besides, why the hell aren’t we trying to keep possession at that late stage in the game?

Nobody has mentioned McCarthy flapping at the cross that Bertrand keeps in play right at the end.

Oh give it a rest. Not even the referee's solidarity union cheerleader Graham Poll was trying to defend this one.

tell us why Moss allowed the free kick taken 10 yards away from the so called foul. I assume you defend him on those 2 as well

It wasn’t 10 yards away. You’ll be arguing over which blade of grass it should have been on next. Do you have any idea how feeble complaints like this sound to any supporter of any other team? Please Sir, please Sir, that nasty player in the blue shirt took the free kick when I wasn’t ready! It’s really pathetic.

It’s not a matter of defending him. How many times do I have to say this? We need to manage the situation and learn to defend. In the first minute and in the last. The other team is going to try and desperately attack us in the last few minutes.