Everton 1 Saints 1

St Chalet

I fully expected there be at least another 30 seconds added, didn't surprise me it went to 95. But once the ball went over the top I thought he'd blow up. God knows why Bertrand didn't launch it into the stands.

I was hoping for a point at Goodison, but a win would have put us on the brink of safety. So it's gutting to lose that in the fashion we did.

I worry about the effect on morale. Hoping Hughes can channel it into something positive.

Can sugar coat, but that Everton team genuinely couldnt be arsed and would have done 4 or 5 by a decent prem team

was same vs Leicester

we might barely stay up but as a football team we are really really poor

So reminiscent of Marcus Bent in 2005. All we had to do was run down the clock.

However, the point is absolutely crucial. It's in our hands now. Beat Swansea and we stay up, barring a highly improbable GD swing on the final day. Simple as that.

I fully expected there be at least another 30 seconds added, didn't surprise me it went to 95. But once the ball went over the top I thought he'd blow up. God knows why Bertrand didn't launch it into the stands.

I was hoping for a point at Goodison, but a win would have put us on the brink of safety. So it's gutting to lose that in the fashion we did.

I worry about the effect on morale. Hoping Hughes can channel it into something positive.

Cedric was down for more than a minute. Its just terrible luck, in a season where the last few minutes of games have not generally been kind.

It's in our hands and it's in Swansea's hands. Whoever wins on Tuesday stays up, pretty much as simple as that.

Draw doesn't help anyone, but is less effective for us given who we play on the last day. To go into the Swansea game already on 35 points would have been huge, but it's never easy.

Okay - simply put if we don't get three points against Swansea we're down. Our goal difference may well keep us up. Last week if you offered me a win against Bmouth and a point at Everton i'd have taken it. But in typical Saints fashion we're making things harder for ourselves.

Positives: Redmond WAS sublime, Cedric, Holberg, Bednarek, Romeu, Long, Macca

Negatives: Austin (awful - Long is better currently) Bertrand lacking quality, Hoedt, Yoshida (stupid red card)

That was a killer, but let's be honest...a decent team would have put Everton to bed today, that was there for us on a plate. Never going to get a more nailed on oppertunity to win at their place, that draw for them is pointless. They still boo'd.

Absolutley pointless result.

It’s done. We had to win that today given the circumstances

Not at all, a draw may be enough, a win will be enough. FFS ( As you so often terminate your posts )

The fat lady is only gargling her mouth wash at the moment.

Not at all, a draw may be enough, a win will be enough. FFS ( As you so often terminate your posts )

A draw won’t be enough. Swansea won’t lose at home to stoke ffs

We will get our arses handed to us by city, we all know it

I think the killer is that the three points were there, right on top of a gold lined plate. Everton were there for the taking, should have seen that out really.

Gutting not win but... Ultimately, does it change a huge amount? Even if we had won today we would of needed a result at Swansea realistically as I can’t see Stoke doing us any favours on the last day. Good point, go for the win at Swansea who leaked chances against against Bournemouth today

The referee wasn't to blame - he added on the correct amount!!

Blame Yoshida for getting himself sent off, or Bertrand for his dreadful ball. Just boot it into the stands, anything but what he did.

so we dont get to blame the referee for allowing a free kick to be taken 10 yards ahead of the foul yet again! meaning they were able to kick the ball upfield from a position where they were both running staight onto the ball to kick it instead of having to get a player behind the ball allowing our players to get better in shape let alone the player who comited the foul ( which i state in the losest way posible) being now behind the ball and totally out of the game!

go away please, we may have caused this situation ourselves but anybody who wants to claim the referees havent played a major role needs there head seeing to

Never mind the added time, that was never a foul by Redmond.

Game was dead until he gave that.

Forgot about that. ****. So angry. I think we’ve blown it. We’d have been above Huddy who have those tough fixtures. So ****ing Saints to concede with the last kick to a ****ty avoidable deflected mi****.

Gutting not win but... Ultimately, does it change a huge amount? Even if we had won today we would of needed a result at Swansea realistically as I can’t see Stoke doing us any favours on the last day. Good point, go for the win at Swansea who leaked chances against against Bournemouth today

Changes a huge amount. 35 points put as head of two sides going into the Swansea game.

Even if we then lost to Swansea we'd still be above Huddersfield (that's assuming City beat them tomorrow...)

My knee is the size of a melon after clattering into something harder than my knee when we scored.

Deflated by that sickening finale.... Would have taken a point beforehand but that is a sucker punch for sure.

Cedric was down for a minute (we timed it) and they played an extra whatever seconds it was.

That was as cruel as it gets. Worse than the 2005 heartbreaks.

Key thing is the performance was brilliant, we are out of the bottom 3 and we need one more win against the worst team (in form) in the league. Hughes needs to pick up the players, more importantly than ever.

A draw won’t be enough. Swansea won’t lose at home to stoke ffs

We will get our arses handed to us by city, we all know it

You have taken over as our most negative, doom filled poster and that is saying something.

Your posting drags everyone down when we all feel pretty agreived.

Fortunately your predictions are usually rubbish.

Of course, it does. Huddersfield could conceivably lose all their remaining games in which case 3 points would be enough.

Cedric was down for more than a minute. Its just terrible luck, in a season where the last few minutes of games have not generally been kind.

Yes, that's why I fully expected at least another 30 seconds (rather than some people wondering where 'all the extra time' came from). How often do you see there being stoppages in injury time and the ref not adding on the full amount though? That's why I thought surely he would blow once they had that cross that eluded everyone. Know doubt he would have done had Bertrand cleared it down the line instead of straight back to them.

Cedric was injured for 90 seconds - play didn't resume until 91.30 ish. Adding on 90 seconds was fair.

Exactly this. The right amount of time was played, the deflection was unfair on one of our only creditable performances of the entire season. Win at Swans to be safe. Onwards and hopefully upwards. For you Saints who are not millennials, let’s not pretend you’ve not seen it all before!

My knee is the size of a melon after clattering into something harder than my knee when we scored.

Deflated by that sickening finale.... Would have taken a point beforehand but that is a sucker punch for sure.

It is a deflating and sickening finale.....just the same, I want to praise the much maligned Redmond - he played an awesome half of Football today. Honourable mentions to Cedric, McCarthy and Hojbjerg.

We go into Swansea needing to win without Lemina and Yoshida

It’s done. We had to win that today given the circumstances

Can't you get some happy pills or something ??

According to the pre match thread you think we are

"Crap. Very crap."

You would be amazed if we managed to get a point.

Do you have no faith in the team you claim to support??