Swansea v Saints - Pre Match Thread.

simo

Really really nervous for this one. PLEASE Saints go 2-0 or 3-0 up (maybe not 2-0 because I still remember the Middlesbrough game...) with 10 minutes left and let us relax for a bit.

Lol this is Southampton, we never do things the easy way.

Well that will rile us up. I'm sure the players wouldn't need motivating but this sure will. They've just done our team talk for us.

Hopefully the people of Cardiff will be more accommodating ;)

Stay in Cardiff and make arrangements for next season. Club can let the Marriott know they won't be needed next season after the game. Maybe a few of our fans can swing by for a few in their expensive lounge as well.

Stay in Cardiff and make arrangements for next season. Club can let the Marriott know they won't be needed next season after the game. Maybe a few of our fans can swing by for a few in their expensive lounge as well.

Maybe we should make that a meeting point before the game!

Think JWP links midfield and attack well. No idea why he was dropped, he'd been one of the very few to play alright. If he's with Romeu and Hojbjerg in midfield he doesn't need to focus on defending as much. Passing and set pieces will help us, I'd always have him in there, for this game and if we stay up. He's the most likely of our CMs to pop up with a goal too. Mostly, in such a tight nervous game, we need a set piece threat.

JWP and Redmond linked up well at times last season. We need to replicate that again.

Complete utter W8nker are you. No fecking idea about fusball. Ploddy tosser plods about in defence and NEVER,NEVER. NEVER.NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER marks ANYBODY EVER when defending. Utter toss waste of space as a human being

Complete utter W8nker are you. No fecking idea about fusball. Ploddy tosser plods about in defence and NEVER,NEVER. NEVER.NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER marks ANYBODY EVER when defending. Utter toss waste of space as a human being

Well somebody has had a couple of tinnies over the bank holiday, haven’t they...

Don’t hide your light under a bushel. Tell us what you really think about him.

I hope Hoedt will play a blinder tonight. After all goals scored by other teams on headers because he´s to weak in the air - please please do a Redmond a score from a corner tonight mr Hoedt and everything might be OK after all...

I hope Hoedt will play a blinder tonight. After all goals scored by other teams on headers because he´s to weak in the air - please please do a Redmond a score from a corner tonight mr Hoedt and everything might be OK after all...

Fingers crossed you are right Patrik, nothing but a win will do. I fear a 0-0 is likely result.

If you're a TripAdvisor user, give them a 1 star stinking review, complaining that they cancelled your booking whilst accepting them from other customers. They've got loads of them already, and deservedly so. B@stards.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hope I'm proved totally wrong but I think our lot will bottle it tonight, Swansea will score first & we will need to score twice & the wheels will totally come off.

Do we deserve to stay up overall?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hope I'm proved totally wrong but I think our lot will bottle it tonight, Swansea will score first & we will need to score twice & the wheels will totally come off.

Do we deserve to stay up overall?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I keep hearing this "we don't deserve to stay up" whoever finishes in the bottom 3 deserve to go down its simple as that !

If you need something to help settle your nerves, look at Swansea's most recent form: no wins in their last 8 and have only scored 2 in that time! They can't be confident going in to this

Very true but they don't concede many at home, going to be a very nervy game cos I can't see either side getting many goals ahead. Plus we have to win, Swansea can afford a draw as they have Stoke at home whereas we are left trying to get something out of Man City.

I am also worried about the impact Saturday had, even Hughes said it felt like a loss, the players looked gutted and that may have destroyed any little confidence bump we have had from the win and the draw.

I am with most people that we very probably need to win tonight and that should absolutely be our aim, however........if it was a draw tonight and the positions were reversed, how many Saints fans would be thinking "Yes!! We're staying up!! We'll definitely beat Stoke and there is no chance of them getting anything against City"? Not many i'd say....

Perhaps someone with better language skills then me in English could come up with a song - IF we are winning this Hotel stunt can´t pass by unsung right?
Can't see anything wrong with a fairly standard "Stick your Marriott up your @rse"

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Perhaps someone with better language skills then me in English could come up with a song - IF we are winning this Hotel stunt can´t pass by unsung right?

Something about Cardiff being better anyway !?

Edited by simo

Sky Sports can't do maths. They say a Saints victory would mean Swansea need at least an 8 goal swing.

It is currently 7 goals difference but as the teams play each, any 1 goal margin victory changes the difference to 9 not 8

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11363644/premier-league-permutations-what-huddersfield-southampton-swansea-west-brom-need-to-survive

Sky Sports can't do maths. They say a Saints victory would mean Swansea need at least an 8 goal swing.

It is currently 7 goals difference but as the teams play each, any 1 goal margin victory changes the difference to 9 not 8

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11363644/premier-league-permutations-what-huddersfield-southampton-swansea-west-brom-need-to-survive

You must be exciting on a night out. Love from Kenya.

oh he's 'injured' again? I presume Boufal is still 'ill'

Lemina pulled his hamstring in the Everton game, attempted to play on until halftime and then be subbed at halftime? Hard to see it as anything other than a genuine injury.

Mark Hughes has stated Boufal was training with the under 23 and for a few days he was ill. That doesn't require a cover up, the club have confirmed Boufal is involved in a discipline issue.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Think Swansea will fly out the traps, perhaps get a goal early on...I don't see us keeping a clean sheet...

Really could go either way. I just hope the players are pumped up for it. You'd thought they would have been for the Semi Final...but the performance then was lacklustre. All we need is one hero. It has to be a win tonight. Nothing else will do.

I expect us to win, Swansea's form really isn't great and we've been better these last few games. Thus relegation will be avoided barring a severe thumping on Sunday. That won't happen though because the players will be bouyed up and a last day crowd will get behind them. Why we may even beat City.

“I believe in myself and I believe in my players,” Carvalhal said.

“My target now is to try to get the players to believe in themselves and believe in their colleagues.

“These are the things that we must do. I would be talking in a completely different way if, for example, we had to win on Tuesday and then had to wait for two or three other results to go our way.

“That would be a really bad situation for us. But when it is in your hands to do it, you can just concentrate on doing it."

----------------------------------------

the above suggests he is content with a draw tonight! I hope we can smash a cautious Swansea then- I reckon they will play on the counter with Narsingh and Dyer tbh