Major upheaval needed

9-3

Not just on the playing side.

St Mary's look really shabby now.

The bright red seats in the stadium are now a faded pink colour.

The Suites also looked untidy.

On the whole the stadium looks really scruffy.

I think we've probably had more than enough upheaval for now. Although I do agree the stadium does require some refurbishment in order to spruce it up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Not just on the playing side.

St Mary's look really shabby now.

The bright red seats in the stadium are now a faded pink colour.

The Suites also looked untidy.

On the whole the stadium looks really scruffy.

Boom! Interesting critique of the condition of our home stadium delivered hours after unlucky away draw.

i still find it amazing how our our stadium cost £32m to build and yet the new White Hart Lane is going to cost close to £1billion!!!!

Because theirs looks amazing and ours is basic and bland. And as others have said in real need of attention, surprised they have allowed it to get so tatty.

The away fans are in the wrong place. If need be then add another tier on the gasworks end and chuck them in there.

Would be amazed if the club haven't looked into moving the away fans as it's splits our vocal section(s). Assume it's still the policing reason.

Only way to overcome it would be to move all the vocal supports from the Itchen North, Kingsland North and Northam to the Chapel and make that the "Kop" type stand.

Well, that was Cortese's/Marcus Liebherr's plans, things may have changed once Kat took over but is that the real reason Gao has come in?

In the last 'Invest in Southampton' magazine in 2017 (produced by the City Council) there was this statement:

"Southampton Football Club is also eager to see the Itchen Waterfront Master Plan become a reality. They are interested in seeing the gas holder site which sits alongside the stadium deliver a far better welcome and experience for fans and visitors. Southampton Football Club is talking positively about supporting investment in the environment immediately around the stadium and there is plenty of potential there,” added Mike.

Right now, we need to get back to getting it sorted on the pitch. Priorities.