Finally, the long-overdue 2018/19 kit thread...

The9

I wonder, therefore, if the home kit follows that same template but with it being white with red stripes, similar to the Championship promotion home kit.

Plain white back too I presume, which I personally prefer to the red.

I guess we can also rule out the away kit being a dark blue or black, as all our kits would therefore clash with Bournemouth. Maybe it's back to yellow and blue.

I wonder, therefore, if the home kit follows that same template but with it being white with red stripes, similar to the Championship promotion home kit.

Plain white back too I presume, which I personally prefer to the red.

I guess we can also rule out the away kit being a dark blue or black, as all our kits would therefore clash with Bournemouth. Maybe it's back to yellow and blue.

An ITK with a good track record on kits posted a few weeks ago that the away kit is indeed yellow

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It's now on footyheadlines website as the 3rd kit. They are usually a very good outlet for leaks etc.

Also a clearer picture and actually looks OK.

Normally I quite like a black stripe or 2 on our kits... I feel like these ones would be better if they were white.

An ITK with a good track record on kits posted a few weeks ago that the away kit is indeed yellow

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks. I did have something in the back of my mind that I saw something from here but couldn't remember if I was inventing it.

Yellow would make sense. A third kit would therefore be needed at teams like Tottenham or (possibly) Fulham.

Thanks. I did have something in the back of my mind that I saw something from here but couldn't remember if I was inventing it.

Yellow would make sense. A third kit would therefore be needed at teams like Tottenham or (possibly) Fulham.

Why do we need a third kit against Spurs and Fulham if our away kit is Yellow?

Why do we need a third kit against Spurs and Fulham if our away kit is Yellow?

White and yellow are two light colours.

OK, we don't need a third kit, Watford wore their yellow kit at Spurs. I don't know, I'm making it up as I'm going along.

4c7705b735d1357bfb4f0ac75f865569.jpg

Ok...I will be in a minority here...but I quite like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not rocket science to work out our second kit.

The whole kit is all yellow plus where it has the black on the sleeve and collar you swap for blue.

The logo stays red with the badge the same.

On the back will have a blue line running above the players name.

Pretty nice and I will certainly think about buying it.

Been told the same - launch date apparently 29th June, apologies if posted elsewhere already.

WHY are we always so late with our kit launches? Some teams released and even played in new kit before season ended.

There have been reasons in previous years of change of maker/sponsor etc.... but this season, its all the same!

WHY are we always so late with our kit launches? Some teams released and even played in new kit before season ended.

There have been reasons in previous years of change of maker/sponsor etc.... but this season, its all the same!

Probably because they will want the players back to model the shirt and then take 2 weeks to think of a promotion idea.

No thanks. The team have totally sullied the warm memories that design brought..

Its resurrection is best forgotten, imo.

I really liked the design to be honest, it's a shame that it had to be accociated with such a crap season. Wouldn't be against us keeping it, but we won't as they want our $$.

To be fair, this is the first season I'd be very happy if we kept the same home shirt.

Obviously that won't be the case.

Anyone remember the days of some kits lasting two seasons!?

Yep, absolutely loved the kit last season. The fact we stayed up means it hasn't been soiled in the way it might otherwise have been.

Hope we go back to our origins and have blue shorts

*walks out of the room*

And not forgetting the Old Gold shirt and Black shorts (a la Wolves) as our away strip.

Last time we played in Navy Blue shorts, the shorts were still being referred to as knickers in the programmes

And not forgetting the Old Gold shirt and Black shorts (a la Wolves) as our away strip.

Last time we played in Navy Blue shorts, the shorts were still being referred to as knickers in the programmes

Think it was amber rather than old gold, but I'd welcome a return to those away colours rather than yellow and blue (yet again).

No thanks. The team have totally sullied the warm memories that design brought..

Its resurrection is best forgotten, imo.

So precious, we had a **** season but we didn’t get get relegated.... hardly something sully worthy.

So precious, we had a **** season but we didn’t get get relegated.... hardly something sully worthy.

We played f**king awful at times. I associate that kit with making mugs out of the likes of Liverpool and Manyoo.

You interpret things your way, and allow me the courtesy of doing the same. If you think avoiding relegation is a success worthy of that kit, that's your choice.

It was truly a crap season in more ways than one, one that is definitely forgettable and the kit associated with it easily forgotten as well.

It is a football kit. You don't have to buy it! Personally I have thought ever since the sash kit, we should retain that design - it would give us an separate identity compared to the numerous other sides who play in Red and White stripes.

I am looking forward to a return to Yellow and Blue in our away kit - its been a few years.

It is a football kit. You don't have to buy it! Personally I have thought ever since the sash kit, we should retain that design - it would give us an separate identity compared to the numerous other sides who play in Red and White stripes.

I am looking forward to a return to Yellow and Blue in our away kit - its been a few years.

As a (presumably) fellow 1984er, I'm surprised by this. Red & white stripes feels like our idendity, regardless of who else has them. I grew up watching Saints play in red and white stripes. I liked the sash kit and I loved last season's (in fact I own both the Sash and the Air Florida kit), so wouldn't be averse to them, but to me I will always see red & white stripes with black shorts (yes I know, navy, but that was before I was born) as our colours!

The red and red stripe effort is another in a long line of abortions served up as a Saints shirt.

If it is the third kit so be it, just hope we keep something more traditional for home.

It is isnt it? If you chose your colours properly there is no need for a third kit - but then it is just another way of getting more money out of the fans,

They could play in pink for all I care. I'm not under 10 years old so a colour of a kit has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

By that rationale neither does football and, as such, your whole relationship with the sport and, indeed, your comment on this thread are existentially pointless.

I really liked the design to be honest, it's a shame that it had to be accociated with such a crap season. Wouldn't be against us keeping it, but we won't as they want our $$.

They announced the kits would change every season when they announced the UA deal.

I see no reason to doubt the third kit leak, the style is consistent with the AZ shirt already posted.

FWIW I like the all red third kit, but only because it's a third kit. If the yellow away is true, and the home is back to stripes which seems likely, we'd have the all red for matches against teams wearing white and "another colour" shirts, eg where the opposition wear blue, so we don't have to mix the yellow away with the black home shorts.

The past couple of seasons we've added a white 3rd shirt, red-backed home shirt, red alternate away shorts and white, and red, alternative socks anyway, so they may as well make it official from the start and not serve up any surprises.

So I'm guessing from this that it'll be a white/red striped home shirt with white sleeves (and plain back???), black shorts and white socks; and the third kit is the shirt we've seen, red shorts and red socks. Away kit will sit on its own - though I wonder if it might be yellow/blue stripes (which would give us a reason for a third kit due to it resembling Newcastle's home - a bit).

This season's clash at Newcastle will be covered by the red third. Bournemouth sorted by the yellow away, Huddersfield covered by the third (if they didn't want to use yellow), Brighton by the third kit.

One other thing, as the shorts clash regulations are different in the EFL we might have factored the alternate kit options into that possibility as well...?

Also as far as pointless third kits go, if Huddersfield can get away with having red/black hoops and black with pink as well...

It is isnt it? If you chose your colours properly there is no need for a third kit - but then it is just another way of getting more money out of the fans,

To be honest I'm far more keen that if they're going to have a third kit they actually sell replicas of it to fans, saves me a fortune in hoovering up matchworns of never-sold kits online because you can't get them any other way.

Think it was amber rather than old gold, but I'd welcome a return to those away colours rather than yellow and blue (yet again).

Suffice to say an amber Saints kit would go down with me as well as this did last season...

Tom_Away_081b0981-a7cb-4ba8-94ab-1699a73deef2_600x600.jpg?v=1500385261

Also, just noticed that that red third kit pic has panels under the arms and what appears to be a sealed-on (rather than embroidered) badge, which if they follow the same pattern as the shirts (mainly) in the past two seasons means the shirt in the pic is player stock rather than a replica.

You can see the V-shaped underarm panel on the 2016/17 Premier League shirt

Swansea-City-v-Southampton-UK-31-Jan-2017-1038x545.jpg

and on the 2016/17 third kit (which shows the heat-sealed badge better too):

southampton-16-17-third-kit-2.jpg

but there's no under-pit panel on the replica, and the badge is embroidered:

37879408_l.jpg

The Bednarek shirt here shows the black away has the pit panel and heat-sealed badge rather than embroidered this season too:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/match-worn-shirt-Southampton-Jan-Bednarek-2017-2018-Vs-Swansea-/173311812252?nma=true&si=1DuibpXiBoomz2YtfzdLkOLRUdY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and the home also has the heat-sealed badge

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jan-Bednarek-Worn-Home-Shirt-Southampton-FC-17-18-Season-/192540892162

So there might not be replicas of the third kit for sale yet...

They could play in pink for all I care. I'm not under 10 years old so a colour of a kit has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

So what was the point of this comment? Did you come into this thread solely to proclaim your lack of interest in the discussion? Seems a strange thing to do...

St Pauli detail shows the same seam pattern as the leaked Saints 3rd shirt (as well as a hexagonal UA "lozenge" near the hem of the shirt which can also just about be seen on the Saints leak), and these shorts and socks 2018/19:

acb26fee-15e5-7b74-0d39-52f3b9f229ab.view

7f711ba9-0a2c-8254-8509-4c319a3bef70.view

I'd say those socks in white/red or red/white look in line with our choice of hooped socks for most of the past few seasons...

Also, just noticed that that red third kit pic has panels under the arms and what appears to be a sealed-on (rather than embroidered) badge, which if they follow the same pattern as the shirts (mainly) in the past two seasons means the shirt in the pic is player stock rather than a replica.

It also lacks the "We March On" on the rear of the neck that has been present on all UA replicas thus far but not the player shirts.