Finally, the long-overdue 2018/19 kit thread...

The9

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'm not crazy about them. I don't care for the black collar on the home jersey, and I much prefer the black away to this blue/yellow stuff. In the rumored pictures floating around they had a black kit that I really liked, but I don't see it anywhere now. Guess I'll keep wearing my black away jersey from last seasons kit.

Don’t mind it. Would prefer it if the stripes went all the way to the top though. 7/10 - could be better but there are a few nice touches and nothing that makes me annoyed at the thought of watching it every week.

Away kit is ok. Think the navy veho kit is the best we’ve had in a long time and the green was quite cool too, but this one is certainly tolerable.

Does any other club put so much emphasise on kit launch? From what I have seen most clubs just announce without too much build up. In terms of the launch it has been an utter shambles. Trying to save face over the Hong Kong and Australia leak shows how last minute the whole charade was.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Easiest way to solve it is to not name an official launch date (seeing as you cannot buy the kit yet anyway) and just communicate it once its able to be communicated.

Most clubs released news of theirs before the end of last season or in late May, some clubs wore new kits for the last game of the season. Financially it would be better to launch then as its a bigger sales window for summer holidays etc.

Anyway, summer is for signings, holidays and cricket, not ****y kit launches.

When I saw the initial kit leak images, I thought the home shirt looked horrendous...really bad but quite enjoyed the away shirt concept.

Now that they’re out... really like the home shirt! Think it looks great.

The away shirt is gross. The big red sponsor in the kiddle

is a horrible colour clash.

It's a kit, I don't get the need to bash the club over everything they do.

I like the home shirt.

I like the away shirt, but the logo spoils it.

I don't like the home socks. Have never liked hoops.

I enjoyed the launch, was good to see the club getting lots of kids involved.

Roll on the new season.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Some kits look right, these do not. The designs are clumsy and lack elegance. The white stripes look like an after thought made from strips of Duck Tape. It's amazing that Virgin media are still on-board so Probably we couldn't challenge them on colour choice of their logo. It was a mistake to put Austin in one of the home shirts with his hideous tattooed arms. Really ugly!

Some kits look right, these do not. The designs are clumsy and lack elegance. The white stripes look like an after thought made from strips of Duck Tape. It's amazing that Virgin media are still on-board so Probably we couldn't challenge them on colour choice of their logo. It was a mistake to put Austin in one of the home shirts with his hideous tattooed arms. Really ugly!

What a cheerful chap

Does any other club put so much emphasise on kit launch? From what I have seen most clubs just announce without too much build up. In terms of the launch it has been an utter shambles. Trying to save face over the Hong Kong and Australia leak shows how last minute the whole charade was.

Confused, so you're saying they put too much emphasis on it, and do it last minute. Pretty much can't be both.

Fairly sure they had a plan but changed it slightly midweek to reflect the leaks.

Notice that for £100 you can buy an 'authentic' version the same as the players' shirts.

Yeah, I hope they've got them in XXXXL as they'll be skintight.

Saints Foundation income is going through the floor this season, will be nothing left for me to buy from them. :lol:

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'm not crazy about them. I don't care for the black collar on the home jersey, and I much prefer the black away to this blue/yellow stuff. In the rumored pictures floating around they had a black kit that I really liked, but I don't see it anywhere now. Guess I'll keep wearing my black away jersey from last seasons kit.

The "rumoured pictures" were all made up concept kits done by people with even more spare time than me... never going to be the actual kits and treated as such on here.

I still don't understand why people bother with them, it just muddies the water with people running off to their mates thinking it's the actual kit when there are always ten reasons it isn't and can't be.

However, as I said earlier, mild annoyance the guy who did a mock up based on the HK leaks last week spawned a guess at the right away shirt design (and more annoyance he couldn't be bothered to show it properly).

Some people just have poor taste or no sense of style. There's a million things you can do even if it is stripes. That is a poorly thought out, cheap, tacky design. Countless templates of superior designs. Just laziness but most major manufacturers seem happy to churn out crap like this.

It's not as bad as the bra shirt, nothing will be. But it's still a fcking awful shirt.

Orrrrr, actually it's a really good design and lots of people will buy it. Away kit in particular is good.

My only problem with it at the moment is that all of the illustrations of the kit on the OS Store are of the £100 "Authentic" one, not the £50 replica most people are going to be buying. Easy to tell, the authentics don't have the hexagon label at the bottom of the shirt.

Going on the half cocked launch, the official site still leading with the coming soon video half an hour ago, not being able so see it anywhere and going on the ad for kit sales in the online store, is it safe to assume that my kids could smash open their piggy banks rush down the Saints store and buy me a shirt for tomorrow rather than having to wait until July?

You can try. They won't send you one from an online booking from the OS until Thursday and they won't have the stock in the club shops for you to buy until Friday. Can get one from eBay for £50 inc postage but it probably won't turn up until after launch anyway.

People have already purchased it just now from the megastore online.

What a complete balls up. 4ee574bdeb2ea1a6b3fd0ca32330fd8b.png

I wouldn’t be getting Bertrand on the back however.

Purchased, i.e. pre-ordered but it won't be sent until the day before on sale. I don't think they're particularly bothered about when the pre-orders are placed, given that they're already shipping the things from UA directly...

Really scrapping the barrel, when a club starts to troll its own fans over a minor thing like this seasons new kit.

Top clubs just release images and have done weeks ago.

Clubs dont use taglines anymore either because its been done to death.

Let's look at the stats shall we... https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/11/2018-19-kit-overview-all-leaked-18-19.html

Arsenal - 2 released, 1 leaked

Chelsea - 1 released, 2 leaked

Liverpool - 2 released, 1 leaked

Man City - 1 released, 2 leaked

Man Utd - 1 released, 2 leaked

Spurs - none released, 3 leaked

Saints, 2 released, 1 leaked

That puts us level with the two with the most kit releases and ahead of the other four "big clubs". So you're basically talking absolute rubbish.

The UA Twitter had the away shirt modelled by Sims, Slattery and Valery, under some tagline about building a future or some such guff.

A hint that they might be part of the senior squad next season?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

They both look amazing!!! Love them both. I'm guessing we'll have a third kit for Watford away? Maybe Wolves too depending on how orange their kit is this year with the usual black they wear.

Can't wait to see which of the three clashing kits we'll wear at Wolves. I'd go for the yellow/blue, but who knows what the Premier League will say is ok?

Maybe the one-off Saints Foundation charity auction shirt isn't dead yet. Course we could yet have white alt shorts and socks with the 3rd kit... :rolleyes:

The UA Twitter had the away shirt modelled by Sims, Slattery and Valery, under some tagline about building a future or some such guff.

A hint that they might be part of the senior squad next season?

More of a hint that we're relying on players who definitely aren't leaving for kit marketing...

Home kit is OK, a safe option.

Away kit is ruined by red sponsors logo. If it had been blue or just blue outlined, it would have looked far better.

thats what happens when sponsors pay mega bucks to have their name on a shirt. They aren’t going to change the colour of their logo just to look better on a yellow background :lol:

The away kits really have saved UA, but overall i think theyre very poor at kit designing.

The only reason for keeping them at present is the fact they are giving the club near on double in money what previous suppliers like adidas offered.

There seems to be no reason why shirts shouldnt have full stripes as that plain back rule seems to apply to europa and champions league games.

I would like to see Puma/Nike or indeed umbro back in the mix and dont want to see UA for another four seasons !

The away kits really have saved UA, but overall i think theyre very poor at kit designing.

The only reason for keeping them at present is the fact they are giving the club near on double in money what previous suppliers like adidas offered.

There seems to be no reason why shirts shouldnt have full stripes as that plain back rule seems to apply to europa and champions league games.

I would like to see Puma/Nike or indeed umbro back in the mix and dont want to see UA for another four seasons !

The kits are fine IMO. And if they're giving us double the money, we can wear big bags for all I care.

Does it really matter what the kit looks like?

thats what happens when sponsors pay mega bucks to have their name on a shirt. They aren’t going to change the colour of their logo just to look better on a yellow background [emoji38]
They seem happy to change it so it looks better on a blue background...

cc28ebc304d9ffc0a623bea0336ecef7.jpg

Given that in the last three years of kits we have only seen the Virgin Media logo in block red or outline white it is entirely possible that their 'brand style guide' does not allow for any other colour variations. Having seen brand guides for other companies in the past they are usually very restrictive in what can be done with the logo, especially when it comes to colours.

Gotta say I take back my criticism of the designers regarding our home kit. The more I see it the better it gets. Or maybe it's just because Prowse is so darned handsome?

I feel the same (about the kit, not Prowse). In the photos of players (and the Aussie fan) wearing them the red area across the top of the chest looks much smaller than in the leaked photos on hangers . And the collar looks a better shape as well, in the hanger photo the black collar seemed to merge into a black inner back panel or something giving it a weird blocky shape.

Still don't like stripes, still wouldn't buy one but definitely liking it more the more I see it.