Finally, the long-overdue 2018/19 kit thread...

The9

I'd like us to stick with variations of the wide stripe kit for a few years and try and establish that as our look, but I'm guessing we won't so it'll be back to our standard stripes which are fine but obviously more generic.

Maybe something like our thick striped own-label kit from 1999ish. Didn't really like it much at the time but now looks like a design with potential for revival.

We're now the only red/white striped team left in the Premier League, so that'll do for me.

I expect Les is dithering other wether to have thin or thick stripes, we will miss the deadline and play in bin bags up until next March and look great for the last few games.

You may recall from the Cortese bailout season that him cancelling the adidas deal in January led to us having to go with our own brand. I somehow doubt this will have happened.

Don't think the home shirt can be, as I'm pretty sure we can't have a striped back anymore?

Black one is lovely. Would like to see a yellow option in there rather than the blue one though personally.

That "striped back" thing has been completely ignored by Newcastle, Palace, Huddersfield and Bournemouth this season, and two of those don't even have the excuse of having been promoted after deciding their kit, so it's either been ignored, isn't an actual regulation, or is a lot more complicated in practice than initially thought.

I'm going to wait for The9's input again. He's been a bit quiet!

That's because I've barely been on here this season and there's nothing whatsoever to go on regards UA leaks or other teams' releases.

Cheers, I saw this one on one of the other sites and couldn't find it again when I looked to add it to the OP. It's definitely a new collar style - but then UA have proven already that they're not averse to giving us the same collar style in different seasons so they've got plenty of other collar styles we haven't had yet...

To reiterate that there's also a (mainly South American) shirt from UA for 2018 with this collar, being used by Colo Colo (see above), Fluminense (here) and Sao Paolo (same in black with red). Technically they're 2017/18 season shirts but as they're "new" since we last had a kit release they might be used.

fluminense_17_18_under_armour_third_kit.jpg

sao_paulo_2017_under_armour_third_shirt.jpg

It's not the same collar as the one on the AZ or St Pauli shirts. Also just to confirm Aston Villa and UA have cancelled their kit deal.

Edited by The9

I know that's probably fake, but I really like it. Yeah it's not red/white stripes, but still, would look decent. Can't be a third shirt unless our home kit is mostly white though surely.

The company selling it is a reputable US distributor of UA, so I'd say legit. We have had an all white 3rd kit....

Looks like under armour are selling the new kit on eBay already

Says it's the third kit???

The company selling it is a reputable US distributor of UA, so I'd say legit

It’s not fake , it’s the kit

Any links to the actual website you're seeing this on chaps? Cheers

Would look better if the striped design went all round the shirt or they used black instead of another red. Looks awful

Will probably look better with a Name/number on it, but if it's the home-shirt, it's not the greatest I could imagine.

But why would we have a red 3rd kit? Would make no sense unless the 1st kit is mainly white.

Maybe when ericb said it'll "please the traditionalists" he was refering to a white shirt with red sash design...?

Just looked up Fanatics, who are selling that shirt, and they’re big time so looks like that is legit, whatever it is. I like it! Ideally not as the home shirt but it’s still nice.

But this shirt is not on their own website.

So maybe its a hoax posting

Just looked up Fanatics, who are selling that shirt, and they’re big time so looks like that is legit, whatever it is. I like it! Ideally not as the home shirt but it’s still nice.

Where? That shirt is not for sale under Southampton on the Fanatics website that I can see?

https://www.fanatics.com/international-clubs/southampton/jerseys/o-31097911+t-21993605+d-42318+z-8-2017141119

Likewise when filtered via Under Armor there is nada:

https://www.fanatics.com/international-clubs/under-armour-jerseys/o-20432411+br-692414+d-7599013+z-9-1156633190?pageSize=72&sortOption=TopSellers

Ooo, Fanatics - I get my son's NFL and college football stuff from there.

That shirt is sh*te whatever, its eventual function is.

Could be described as third kit to throw the spy bots off.

Future offensive lineman?

If this is the legitimate third kit, then a white home shirt seems obvious. Could it be that, after two seasons of not selling the white third kit, that has become the home one? It's a safe option they know is approved and will sell. I'm guessing sales for last season's were very high so they could risk a drop in sales with an underwhelming new kit this year. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't like it. Loved our kit last season. Hated our red kits on our PL return. So it's no surprise this one makes me angry if it's genuine.

Turn the dark red stripes white and the white pinstripes dark red and you've got a decent kit though.

Edited by mrfahaji