Finally, the long-overdue 2018/19 kit thread...

The9

I quite like the red/white one, but it does look a bit 'Stoke', not helped by the presence of blue on the shirt. Trims need to be black imo.

I also like the R/W version.Very solid design and the way the stripes are organised works well around the collar area. I like the extra white (like Stoke). Also like the blue trim. Far far better colour combination than red/black, which is feels so dated.

I actually like the two tone back version too. Blimey. I never like these mock ups, whats wrong with me today? The sky blue version could be two tone stripes too for me. Maybe that would be a bit predictable or dull, but the current concept is wishy washy and I don't see any real design concept there.

Add navy shorts to that red and white kit and I'd be pretty damn happy.

I also like the R/W version.Very solid design and the way the stripes are organised works well around the collar area. I like the extra white (like Stoke). Also like the blue trim. Far far better colour combination than red/black, which is feels so dated.

I actually like the two tone back version too. Blimey. I never like these mock ups, whats wrong with me today? The sky blue version could be two tone stripes too for me. Maybe that would be a bit predictable or dull, but the current concept is wishy washy and I don't see any real design concept there.

Add navy shorts to that red and white kit and I'd be pretty damn happy.

Agree that having extra white on the kit looks good, I'm not against it because it's more Stoke. Some of my favourite Saints kits have more white than red. Don't agree on the black though, perhaps I don't see how a colour can be 'dated', but I think it adds crispness to the red & white (equally maybe the collar could have a black trim). Dark Navy work also work, just not royal or light blue for me. In the same way I think the shirt suffers from having a red/white sponsor. The kit above looks similar to our aap3 kit in the promotion year, but the sponsor being in black looks a lot better because of the contrast - in my opinion!

Agree that having extra white on the kit looks good, I'm not against it because it's more Stoke. Some of my favourite Saints kits have more white than red. Don't agree on the black though, perhaps I don't see how a colour can be 'dated', but I think it adds crispness to the red & white (equally maybe the collar could have a black trim). Dark Navy work also work, just not royal or light blue for me. In the same way I think the shirt suffers from having a red/white sponsor. The kit above looks similar to our aap3 kit in the promotion year, but the sponsor being in black looks a lot better because of the contrast - in my opinion!

the colour combination of red and black is very 1980s, add white and grey and you have the full 1980s pallet. If given a choice, most designers wouldn't touch those with a bargepole.

Nice to see some designs that aren't over fussy. The last two kits have been dreadfully executed.

It also lacks the "We March On" on the rear of the neck that has been present on all UA replicas thus far but not the player shirts.

Good spot. A lot more difficult to illustrate in pics though!

Edited by The9

Didn't expect to see FBT as a manufacturer, I have some random FBT kitwear from about 20 years ago...!

Not sure if it's the same lot ("Foot Ball Thailand"), they had Doncaster, Newport County and Scun#horpe in 2017/18. Newport have had no end of crap with them - sent all the socks with the wrong club initials on (NCFC not NCAFC) so the club refused to take delivery and had to source their own socks for the whole season, and also failed to provide the academy kit until April despite the parents forking out the previous summer. Still stuck in the kit deal for at least one more season, though I did like the actual shirts a lot.

Something that's just occurred to me - that red third kit has a plain back. I know the front is red and red stripes, but the back is a single colour. I'm assuming from that that the home shirt has a plain white back, and we might see red numbers to keep it more Saints looking.

We don't really have to worry about all the other red/white stripey teams this season, none of them are in the Premier League. :)

Edited by The9

Not sure if it's the same lot ("Foot Ball Thailand"), they had Doncaster, Newport County and Scun#horpe in 2017/18. Newport have had no end of crap with them - sent all the socks with the wrong club initials on (NCFC not NCAFC) so the club refused to take delivery and had to source their own socks for the whole season, and also failed to provide the academy kit until April despite the parents forking out the previous summer. Still stuck in the kit deal for at least one more season, though I did like the actual shirts a lot.

Yep, it's them. My Dad did some work with them when he had his own football kit business. Went to their head offices that overlook the national stadium in Bangkok.

Something that's just occurred to me - that red third kit has a plain back. I know the front is red and red stripes, but the back is a single colour. I'm assuming from that that the home shirt has a plain white back, and we might see red numbers to keep it more Saints looking.

We don't really have to worry about all the other red/white stripey teams this season, none of them are in the Premier League. :)

Hope not, I much prefer the look of black numbers on our shirts, to match the other bits of black. Maybe it's just because that's always been the way for our shirts (unless white numbers on red).

Old man Steptoe has told me a Red /White home with a sort of stripe, take that whatever way you want with a plain red back.

Blue and Yellow away and that hideous light red dark red is 3rd kit as per regulations regarding Europe.

What would European regulations have to with anything for next season?

I would actually be well up for red and white quarters. Or a return to our red and white stripes with blue/navy.

Obviously not the way we are going this season, but I would be good to see us move in a more traditional direction.

Yep, it's them. My Dad did some work with them when he had his own football kit business. Went to their head offices that overlook the national stadium in Bangkok.

Didn't realise they'd been around that long!

Old man Steptoe has told me a Red /White home with a sort of stripe, take that whatever way you want with a plain red back.

Blue and Yellow away and that hideous light red dark red is 3rd kit as per regulations regarding Europe.

A plain red back home shirt and 3rd shirt makes no sense at all... Not sure which European regulations you're referring to either, we didn't have a third kit either season in Europe recently?

A plain red back home shirt and 3rd shirt makes no sense at all... Not sure which European regulations you're referring to either, we didn't have a third kit either season in Europe recently?

I'm only telling you what I've been told by the guy at UA

Perhaps regulations have changed regarding Europe and in European comps a third kit is needed and it's easier to get everyone to have one now incase of future qualification. I don't have UEFA contacts just kit ones.

I'm only telling you what I've been told by the guy at UA

Perhaps regulations have changed regarding Europe and in European comps a third kit is needed and it's easier to get everyone to have one now incase of future qualification. I don't have UEFA contacts just kit ones.

European Competition regulations are now on a 2018-2021 cycle: (see here, though it's a pdf https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf), and that references the UEFA Kit/Equipment Regulations but according to UEFA's own online doc library the most up to date kit regs haven't changed since 2012: https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/documentlibrary/regulations/index.html

Incidentally, bit of a tangent and no kit stuff here, but this has a nice summary of the European club changes from the forthcoming season: https://www.sports.legal/2018/03/more-changes-to-the-uefa-champions-league-uefa-europa-league-and-uefa-super-cup/

Highlights are allowing players to play for 2 clubs in the same European competition, 23 players in match day squads, top 4 nations' teams into group stages of the CL and as a result only 6 qualifiers for the CL going forward from the knockout stages, and more clubs dropping into the Europa League, which is also frankly awful.

European Competition regulations are now on a 2018-2021 cycle: (see here, though it's a pdf https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf), and that references the UEFA Kit/Equipment Regulations but according to UEFA's own online doc library the most up to date kit regs haven't changed since 2012: https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/documentlibrary/regulations/index.html

Mate you can copy and paste all you want I'm just passing on info and I'm not really bothered why we have a 3rd kit anyway. Find a source regarding kit regs and let us know.

Mate you can copy and paste all you want I'm just passing on info and I'm not really bothered why we have a 3rd kit anyway. Find a source regarding kit regs and let us know.

It seems pretty common knowledge now it's a variation of red and white stripes for the home, yellow and blue away but this rumoured 2-tone red stripe 3rd kit is a bit baffling. Is there actually any need for a third kit, the home and away won't really clash with any other PL side. Maybe it's a 'red' herring to keep fans guessing or a special one-off for our Chinese tour as they do like a red shirt out that way?

Other than the one I already posted that you ignored, you mean?

It seems pretty common knowledge now it's a variation of red and white stripes for the home, yellow and blue away but this rumoured 2-tone red stripe 3rd kit is a bit baffling. Is there actually any need for a third kit, the home and away won't really clash with any other PL side. Maybe it's a 'red' herring to keep fans guessing or a special one-off for our Chinese tour as they do like a red shirt out that way?

Hardly "rumoured" if it's been posted on UA's eBay site with a full description of what it is!

And as already mentioned, if the back of the home shirt is plain white, it'll clash with a bunch of teams who wear white shirts (eg Spurs, possibly Huddersfield and Brighton depending on their shirt backs next season) - the yellow/blue rumoured (no source or images yet) away isn't hugely different either and as all three of those teams wear blue with white they may not want to mix kits so (along with the possible need to change socks against various white/red teams, and the need to change shorts in the Cups), a third kit using complementary colours from the home shirt makes sense.

A real source as in someone ITK same as my source. Finding stuff on the Internet we can all do.

Why would you want a source for UEFA's kit regulations that isn't UEFA's kit regulations?

Surprised we've not head much of a sniff of the home or away shirt yet...normally quite a few people have heard snippets by now...!

I'd be surprised if the home kit isn't just a predominantly white version of the red third, with black pinstripes between the red and white stripes.

Keep hearing the away is yellow and blue, and if that's the same style too it'll look decent in either stripes or yellow with blue pinstripes. CBA to throw something into the mock-up machine at the moment...

Surprised we've not head much of a sniff of the home or away shirt yet...normally quite a few people have heard snippets by now...!

There's been multiple people posting about what it looks like, if anything i think it's the most widely known kit release in years, hence why this thread is pretty boring.

Why would you want a source for UEFA's kit regulations that isn't UEFA's kit regulations?
Everyone's had enough of experts you know.

Just say your dad told you or you heard it down the pub and he'll lap it up.

No away shirt on sale until the end of August, for one of the world's biggest sportswear companies with a full 12 months to design and manufacture the new seasons kits, surely that delay is inexcusable?

Personally I would rather Saints had either stayed with Adidas or gone to one of the smaller manufacturers. I really don't like the designs of the American manufacturers. Best kits at the world cup are the Hummel Denmark kits and the Germany/Spain away shirts in my opinion!

There's been multiple people posting about what it looks like, if anything i think it's the most widely known kit release in years, hence why this thread is pretty boring.

can you possibly recap for me as I haven't got the foggiest

News to me...

I've seen the obvious third kit rumours, however nothing on the home kit. Personally I'd rather they just kept a similar kit to this years, but unlikely...guessing we can't have stripes on the back anymore, so will probably look pretty awful by default.Possibly the home kit will be the same but with red and white stripes...sure someone can mock this up using some internet tool...(not Bournemouth / Glasgow / Heisenberg / Ekon Okereke)?

southampton-18-19-third-kit-2.jpg

southampton-18-19-third-kit-3.jpg

Edited by Saint Garrett

No away shirt on sale until the end of August, for one of the world's biggest sportswear companies with a full 12 months to design and manufacture the new seasons kits, surely that delay is inexcusable?

Personally I would rather Saints had either stayed with Adidas or gone to one of the smaller manufacturers. I really don't like the designs of the American manufacturers. Best kits at the world cup are the Hummel Denmark kits and the Germany/Spain away shirts in my opinion!

Of course it is beyond the control of the club but commercially it makes sense as people who bought the home kit will have got over the initial expense and can afford an away kit when the season starts. We need to remember this is the most lucrative kit deal in the clubs history. The other manufacturers certainly have some decent designs but but didnt Adidas palm us off with some box standard kits while we were with them?

Would have thought we are one of Under Amour's largest soccer clubs. Very surprised they have messed up on the kit.

Personally I like their designs and thought last years were both class, unique and new. I would far rather be identifiable than use standard kit templates and be an unimportant brand in addidas' locker.

I wonder if Under Armour would have honoured the 7 year contract if we got relegated? The brand is a succsess story with taking big market share in a very short time to be connected to failure is not on their agenda. So i´m looking forward to the new kit + training gear since they do great stuff for an active liestyle : )

Or...should we read anything into the style of the zero in the date? Ø (but in reverse)

A strange typeface for a numeral zero. It could have just as easily been 15.06.18

Yes, not unusual for a zero to have a slash in it but normally it’s the other way around. Very interesting. Could it signify a sash home kit?

Good spot. A lot more difficult to illustrate in pics though!

I wonder if they've ditched the 'we march on' slogan- my season ticket reminder thing that came through the post had 'Believe. Believe in Saints' written all over it. Equally crap but different.