Finally, the long-overdue 2018/19 kit thread...

The9

I must be in the minority as I don’t mind the home shirt and really like the yellow shirt. I showed my 8 year old who said they were ‘sick’ which I think is a good thing!!

I'm fine with the home shirt (and the third shirt) and awaiting a leak for the yellow kit to see whether it's yellow and blue or blue and yellow, striped or pinstriped or plain. Can't see them going with predominantly blue due to Palace, so pretty sure it'll be yelllow with blue - but there's been nothing other than the home and third leaks and the away short colours leaked to give us an idea of what the away will actually be.

Just another small thing that our club is doing wrong.

Another thing, We are all hoping for a good transfer window but can’t get it out of your head the January one.

Loved to be proved wrong but this club is slowly going downwards and I’m not sure it’s just Les Reed’s fault.

The kit launch does appear to be terribly uncoordinated verging on incompetence, it's as if Saints are controlling the launch in UK with Under Armour going ahead and doing their own thing internationally, very odd as makes saints official launch pointless.

Not fussed about the kit, yellow and blue away always a favourite for me so pleased if that's the case.

Photo on Twitter of someone wearing new home shirt

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Shirt looks OK to me. Not that I really give a toss , as long as its red and white stripes. I only have to look at it once a week for 90 mins.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Back in 2003 when we had to change for European regulations I could understand the fury about a plain coloured back, but we're 15 years down that road now and tv's always going to win that one with the money it wields. As for the front, it's striped, it looks better than the "not a bra" kit, and it's barely got any more red on it than the own-brand red-sleeved skintight veho one or the adidas red-sleeved striped one that followed that. Plus of course it dumps all over the two awful all red things we had prior to those. In fact I'd say (ignoring last season) it's the best striped shirt we've had since the Umbro mainly white Championship promotion shirt.

I prefer the two veho-sponsored shirts, though maybe in time I will like this one more. However I agree with the rest of your comments. Last season was the first time in a long time that I loved the kit on its release, but I hardly think this one is cause for any outrage or hysteria. I'd prefer if it didn't have that block of red at the top, it's bad enough that UEFA rules mean anyone who wears stripes effectively loses half their kit without taking any more of the stripes away, but at least this one sticks fairly close to our traditional (yes yes I know, not technically traditional...) colour/design.

FWIW, I reckon that looks better when worn compared to the coat hanger snapshot

DfZG8ZDWsAAeAzM.jpg

You could be right there, however I hereby name this lovely design the 'deckchair kit'. Let's hope the players are not still on the beach when they pull it on for the first game of the season!

You could be right there, however I hereby name this lovely design the 'deckchair kit'. Let's hope the players are not still on the beach when they pull it on for the first game of the season!

I did the deckchair tag first. Sorry about that. Hope we do some rearranging soon...

Bit over the top. It does tell you alot about the "running" off the club thou.

You're right, it does. If I was a SFC player I would refuse to wear that abomination. This club needs to get a grip.

Im not really bothered about the kit specifically. Its a football kit, and its miles better than the kit we wore in our first year back in the PL.

However, the operational side of it has been a shambles, which is symptomatic of the last 18 months or so.

Whilst our team has gotten worse, so have things like communication, ticketing, social media etc etc.

Bit of a general malaise and lack of accountability.

Specifically re the kit, it hardly disproves the suggestion that they are more focused on what happens in the Asian markets than what happens in Southampton. Which is a shame for a club that will never be more than also rans in the fight for overseas attention.

The shirts wrong, the clubs wrong, everything's wrong, we're doomed. We're getting relegated wearing that next season. Doomed....

Yep, some people don`t like anything and if the did they would`nt admit it... Moaning on here is their life....

A shirt is a shirt, not sure what the all the fuss is about...

Yeah, I don't get it either. Back in 2003 when we had to change for European regulations I could understand the fury about a plain coloured back, but we're 15 years down that road now and tv's always going to win that one with the money it wields. As for the front, it's striped, it looks better than the "not a bra" kit, and it's barely got any more red on it than the own-brand red-sleeved skintight veho one or the adidas red-sleeved striped one that followed that. Plus of course it dumps all over the two awful all red things we had prior to those. In fact I'd say (ignoring last season) it's the best striped shirt we've had since the Umbro mainly white Championship promotion shirt.

Better than the Adidas 15/16 effort? Surely not!!

The fact that the stripes don’t go all the way to the top are what makes it look so crap. Year after year the members of this forum produce better designs which leave us even more disappointed when the official design is revealed.

The bigger picture is that Saints retail make the majority of their money from shirt sales, so it helps to make it user friendly.

On a similar not the shirt sponsor virgin media also wants good sales.

What i dont undersnat is Spurs and Villa never had such bad designs and you wonder how much input SFC retail are going into the kit.

The bigger picture is that Saints retail make the majority of their money from shirt sales, so it helps to make it user friendly.

What i dont undersnat is Spurs and Villa never had such bad designs and you wonder how much input SFC retail are going into the kit.

No, the bigger picture is it's a shirt, a football shirt. If people want one they will buy it, if not they wont. Saints retail will not be going out of business anytime soon because of one shirt that (perhaps) people don't like, (and neither will Virgin Media for that matter). We've had good shirts, we've had bad shirts - so what.

It may come to be an unpopular shirt - but at the end of the day it's going to be pretty insignificant. Really it is.

Last shirt I bought? Last seasons home shirt, bought it after the last home game of the season against Man City, 15 quid - a bargain.

Personally speaking, and I know that I am not the target audience, I couldn't care less what the players look like, so long as they put in a decent performance. They can have the nicest shirts ever made, but if the standard on the pitch is going to be like last season, then so what? Play **** but look nice?

Personally speaking, and I know that I am not the target audience, I couldn't care less what the players look like, so long as they put in a decent performance. They can have the nicest shirts ever made, but if the standard on the pitch is going to be like last season, then so what? Play **** but look nice?

This.

They could be handing them out with a free holiday in China and the usual moaners would still be complaining that the flight was too long.

Tbh I couldn't care what the kits look like but the fact it is on sale abroad when it hasn't officially been unveiled to us in England is a massive **** take and another big 2 fingers up to us match going fans !

Tbh I couldn't care what the kits look like but the fact it is on sale abroad when it hasn't officially been unveiled to us in England is a massive **** take and another big 2 fingers up to us match going fans !

Seeing as Ralph made a point of the ficus shifting back home.

Load of waffle as per

Horrendous shirt if true, the white stripes are just plonked on in a square nothing unusual or remotely likeable about it, looks very cheap......Laughing stock comes to mind

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

As opposed to those stripes that get put on like circles?

Why do we need a new shirt every year (apart from treating fans like mugs)? Get a decent design and stick with it.

Because we signed a deal to wear at least two new shirts every year for the 7 years of the Under Armour deal, which was announced alongside the deal.

Better than the Adidas 15/16 effort? Surely not!!

The fact that the stripes don’t go all the way to the top are what makes it look so crap. Year after year the members of this forum produce better designs which leave us even more disappointed when the official design is revealed.

Mmmmm, close call, though that one had a faffy plain white round neck I wasn't too keen on, and was completely overshadowed by the mental green away kit, which was tremendous.

As I'm here, Watford have launched their new adidas home kit - yellow and black stripes - with a plain yellow back.

Spurs had some crappy UA designs and and Villa barely had the chance to have a bad kit, they only had the deal for two seasons.

Mmmmm, close call, though that one had a faffy plain white round neck I wasn't too keen on, and was completely overshadowed by the mental green away kit, which was tremendous.

As I'm here, Watford have launched their new adidas home kit - yellow and black stripes - with a plain yellow back.

Huddersfield have revealed theirs, conventional blue and white stripes, front and back.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/18/19-Kits/huddersfield-town-2018-2019-umbro-home-kit.html