Finally, the long-overdue 2018/19 kit thread...

The9

There's been nothing to share of note... but finally an Under Armour shirt has been launched for next season, so there's something to speculate about... though it won't be for long, they usually launch something soon.

AZ Alkmaar home for 2018/19....

az-18-19-home-kit-1.jpg

az-18-19-home-kit-5.jpg

az-18-19-home-kit-8.jpg

Apart from that, the only other "new" UA shirts are our third, which may as well be a t-shirt...

white-southampton-17-18-third-kit-1.jpg

And Villa's "after the season started" third, which is the same style as their away, but has a different collar to anything we've worn.

aston-villa-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

Feel free to merge with the hundreds of other kit threads that have no doubt popped up in my absence... :rolleyes: UTFS.

Edited by The9

The thing is this season fans are more concerned with what league we’ll be playing in next season rather than what kit we’ll be wearing..... I loved this seasons retro kit but it hasn’t proved very lucky!

I'd like us to stick with variations of the wide stripe kit for a few years and try and establish that as our look, but I'm guessing we won't so it'll be back to our standard stripes which are fine but obviously more generic.

Maybe something like our thick striped own-label kit from 1999ish. Didn't really like it much at the time but now looks like a design with potential for revival.

I reckon we will go for the premier league traditional all red kit. More of a nod to when we were on the way up in that league
Instantly adding thirty or forty million Chinese supporters to our fanbase. EXPAND THE STADIUM FFS.

We'll probably find out that our contract with under armour (like Toby's loan deal) isn't as water tight as we thought. They'll bin us off and we'll have no money and no kit.

I'm mostly saying that tongue in cheek but with our board you never know ...

We'll probably find out that our contract with under armour (like Toby's loan deal) isn't as water tight as we thought. They'll bin us off and we'll have no money and no kit.

I'm mostly saying that tongue in cheek but with our board you never know ...

I would not be surprised. Under Armour could not possibly want its two English teams, us and Villa, to not be in the top division. I would have thought that Virgin Media will be looking for an out as well.

I would not be surprised. Under Armour could not possibly want its two English teams, us and Villa, to not be in the top division. I would have thought that Virgin Media will be looking for an out as well.

From last month: ”Aston Villa can confirm that the club and its technical partner, Under Armour, have mutually decided to end their relationship.

The global sports apparel and footwear brand has provided performance matchday kits and training wear for Aston Villa for the past two seasons.

The club would like to thank Under Armour for their support over the past two years and would like to wish them all the best for the future.

An announcement on a new technical partner will follow in due course.”

Is that real?

No, they say on each picture they are created by @conceptkits

https://twitter.com/conceptkits

Their bio says...

Established in June 2016, this football page creates kit designs at your request, the first to do so. Please credit reused work. Featured in several newspapers.

So just someone having fun designing kits on request on Twitter.

Not the real kits, an amateur designer with photoshop is all it takes.

Edited by Matthew Le God

If it's like most things at the club, we probably forgot to organise anything & left it too late to have a new kit.

Hopefully, love our kit this season. Was worried it would be associated with relegation but fingers crossed it won't be now.

I can see us sticking with something similar to the current design.

Stripes don't work so well with the rules meaning striped backs are banned.

I guess you could take that striped design and just remove the middle red stripe on the back - think that would probably be OK for the kit regulations.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/11367528/new-football-kits-premier-league-strips-for-the-201819-season

kits for other PL teams... presuming they will update this consistently.

although- can I point out that despite not being mathematically confirmed, Sky Sports have put us in this and all the other guaranteed clubs for next year ;)

Every kit so far is boring and bland.

Crystal Palace have a nice slash on their kit.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/11367528/new-football-kits-premier-league-strips-for-the-201819-season

although- can I point out that despite not being mathematically confirmed, Sky Sports have put us in this and all the other guaranteed clubs for next year ;)

You'd have to be a total mug to be a Man City fan buying the new shirt every year. Their new effort is practically the same as 2 seasons earlier.

Grey away kit for Man Utd, so at least that's 3 points on the board already.

Never liked or understood putting collars and buttons on football shirts, personally.