Finally, the long-overdue 2018/19 kit thread...

The9

Unless mistaken, the 'kit' was for sale on the Under Armour site previously. Surely they'd not be able to do that (sell 'false goods') if it wasn't real - especially when it was tagged as "Southampton 2018-19 Home Kit" etc.

So I think its clear the 'kit' is the kit, but this is just trying to get some hits their side, and hold some form of suspense (if there is indeed any really left....)

But was it? Genuine question.

Did anybody actually attempt to buy it from the site? Or did we all just see the link to the shirt, and then it was removed?

But was it? Genuine question.

Did anybody actually attempt to buy it from the site? Or did we all just see the link to the shirt, and then it was removed?

See post 361 - an Australian supporter was pictured wearing the new shirt.

I can’t see the point in going to all this effort for a hoax. The simplest answer is probably the most likely - someone at UA screwed up.

See post 361 - an Australian supporter was pictured wearing the new shirt.

I can’t see the point in going to all this effort for a hoax. The simplest answer is probably the most likely - someone at UA screwed up.

He is the only person with that shirt on. Beginning to think he was part of the plan.

Surely if it was all a big joke they would have teased us with a blue kit or something? Not an average looking red and white striped kit?
No, because then you've got a story you can't control. That would make the tabloids - saints new Chinese owners enrage fans with blue kit shock etc etc.

Even the club saying "no it's just a joke" would be met with cynicism.

Now, looking in retrospect.

We March on, on the collar

No discernable price tag.

No discernable security tag.

Have we be sold up the swanny here?

Not to mention it was in Hong Kong, easiest place in the world to get a few shirts made cheaply in a back street tailor's.

No, because then you've got a story you can't control. That would make the tabloids - saints new Chinese owners enrage fans with blue kit shock etc etc.

Even the club saying "no it's just a joke" would be met with cynicism.

OK then, not blue, maybe plain red with yellow trim or something?

They surely wouldn't use a totally legit looking striped kit which some people would actually like, for risk of the actual real one being less popular!?

OK then, not blue, maybe plain red with yellow trim or something?

They surely wouldn't use a totally legit looking striped kit which some people would actually like, for risk of the actual real one being less popular!?

To be honest I think the joke is the reference in the video to the leak rather than the leak itself being the joke.

As this exchange has shown, it's far to risky to try and carry off.

I don’t believe it but If that shirt is available for sale has only one person posted a photo of themselves wearing it???

I tried to contact the original poster of this shirt on Twitter and I ended on a dead-end.

Its like he’s fallen off the planet.

Going out on a limb here (kill me now), I quite like it!

There's only so many things you can do with red n white stripes; grab a red tee shirt, cutesy black trim, slap a deckchair canvas on the front, what's not to like? It's not Sunland Stoke or Sheff Utd, it's a modern take on a traditional classic. I like the black shorts, it would have been a leap of faith to have blue shorts but that would be cool too.

Black and red hooped socks are a bit Littlewoods catalogue/Scottish Div 2 but you can't always get what you want.

Really scrapping the barrel, when a club starts to troll its own fans over a minor thing like this seasons new kit.

Top clubs just release images and have done weeks ago.

Clubs dont use taglines anymore either because its been done to death.

Really scrapping the barrel, when a club starts to troll its own fans over a minor thing like this seasons new kit.

Top clubs just release images and have done weeks ago.

Clubs dont use taglines anymore either because its been done to death.

This, 100%.