How you think it will end

Pilchards

Swansea 1 Saints 1

Cant see us winning this as Swansea are good at home.

Saints 2 City 1

A late goal for Swansea means they are above us and we must score after finding ourselves at 1-1.

88th minute Tadic pops up in a goalmouth scramble and the ball trickles over the line.

93rd minute a penalty to city and Sterling hits it hard to Mccarthy’s right and it’s turn around the post.

We survive for a 2-1 win.

Huddersfield to be relegated with WBA and Stoke.

The game tomorrow is like a Cup-Final and the preassure is to be honest more on Swansea since they are at home and are below us in the table.

I´m optimistic about this game - Long will score 1-0 early and then 2-0 by Tadic and then we can enjoy the evening and open bottles of various expensive alcoholice beverages and scream a bit.....

Draw against Swansea and a battling defeat to city with Swansea doing enough to get at least a point against stoke

Just to give a final nod to 2005

Agree. Ultimately we just haven't quite done enough and I think Everton will have taken a lot out of us physically and mentally.

Draw against Swansea and a battling defeat to city with Swansea doing enough to get at least a point against stoke

More like....

Snatch a last minute equaliser at Swansea. Everyone goes nuts but we know deep down it probably wont be enough.

Last day we take an early lead and everyone gets their hopes up but City soon equalise. Despite this, we're still safe until the hour mark, when City take a 2-1 and almost simultaneously Swansea and West Brom take the lead. Swansea then let it slip and go 2-1 down with 10 minutes left whilst West Brom win comfortably and miraculously stay up on GD.

Heart says we'll win tomorrow, head says this unfortunately. In fairness, we probably deserve to go down after this seasons completely shambolic management. Should never have been in this position this season.

The two points dropped against Everton will ultimately cost us, but if we are looking at positive and surprising endings, then I say we lose to Swansea tomorrow, and Swansea fans react like they've won the league. However on the last day we pull off a resounding 3-1 win against a disinterested City, and Stoke, not wanting to finish bottom, smash Swansea. Swansea go down on goal difference and we finish above them and Huddersfield, who lose both games by the odd goal.

They key to the end of the season is that we know we have to beat Swansea, but we don't know what sort of City side will turn up.

I can't imagine a scenario where we don't have to get something against City.

I can, it is quite easy to imagine such a situation and doesn't require a far fetched set of results...

Saints beat Swansea

Chelsea beat Huddersfield

Arsenal beat Huddersfield

Swansea beat Stoke

Saints lose to Man City

...then Saints & Swansea are safe and Huddersfield go down if the GD situation remains similar

It's been said many times before going into must win games this season but.. frankly if we don't beat Swansea we don't deserve to be in this league and we'll be rightly relegated. I think it'll be 2 or 3-1 to Swansea Tuesday. Then we'll lose 3-0 to City at home.

Every game we have needed to deliver on this season we've failed with Bournemouth the only exception. We still barely score and create chances for long periods in games whilst other teams are very capable. Swansea will be fired up at home so I it'll be too much pressure for us.

Edited by BotleySaint

A draw is no good, so we must go for a win. In which case we will win or lose, but can't see a draw.

A draw keeps us above Swansea and out of the relegation zone. How is that "no good"? I know we have a more difficult final game than them... but it still isn't a season ending disaster to draw.

It clearly is.

Not beaten a decent side in the league in years. Playing the best side around. Have won 6 all season.

The fans know it, the players know it, the club knows it. It's win or bust tomorrow.

If we draw vs Swansea then it isn't impossible to see Stoke getting a draw or victory vs Swansea. In which case we wouldn't need to beat Man City, we could lose or get a draw like Huddersfield just got and still stay up.

A draw keeps us above Swansea and out of the relegation zone. How is that "no good"? I know we have a more difficult final game than them... but it still isn't a season ending disaster to draw.

Because our last game is against Man City and Swansea’s is against Stoke. Anything other than a win tomorrow and we’re gone.

If we draw vs Swansea then it isn't impossible to see Stoke getting a draw or victory vs Swansea. In which case we wouldn't need to beat Man City, we could lose or get a draw like Huddersfield just got and still stay up.

For me it's as simple as failing to beat Swansea and it's all over. Done and dusted.

In my mind we only have 1 game left, totally discounting the City game.

Hopefully not the limpest way possible: 73rd minute Mawson header from a corner to lose game 1-0, followed by a huffing and puffing 2-0 loss to City with both their goals coming on the counter. Swansea and Stoke, meanwhile, play out a goalless draw.

Edited by shurlock

Yes I wouldn't rule out Stoke getting something at Swansea on the final day. Look at Sunderland's 3-0 win over Wolves yesterday to see what can happen with a relegated team when the pressure is off but they still have pride at stake. Admittedly Wolves had nothing to play for, but it's a straw to grasp at.

Imagine getting soundly beaten by Swansea due to a back 3 of Stephens, Hoedt and Bednarek. Go out without a fight.... not that I think this scenario would play out

They have some pace up top, but I would be more worried about Bony (if he is available) bullying the 3 of them.

Imagine getting soundly beaten by Swansea due to a back 3 of Stephens, Hoedt and Bednarek. Go out without a fight.... not that I think this scenario would play out

They have some pace up top, but I would be more worried about Bony (if he is available) bullying the 3 of them.

Bony won't play. He is out for the season.

Bony is out for the season I believe, well long-term. Bit of next season too.

As a long term supporter - accepted relegation at least two months ago! - McCarthy and Hughes have given us a slim chance. I only hope we dont go down because of GD after City put 6 or 7 past us on Sunday! I hope for a victory tomorrow and a reasonable result (no more than 2 goal defeat) on Sunday. In a way i want relegation to see the end of Reed and Krueger with a complete overhaul of a very average squad. If we stay up i feel that those two will stay and we wont do any real business in the summer meaning another poor season in 2019. Not sure about Hughes long term but definitely think we should keep him if relegated (because there wont be any better on offer)

I can’t help but feel Stoke want to throw it away next Sunday against Swansea purely in spite of Hughes, and the way Paul Lambert spoke the other day saying ‘the rot for Stoke started in June’ (inferring that Hughes is to blame), then I reckon Lambert’s a bast*rd who wants Hughes to have this title of taking 2 teams down in one season, and that Stoke fans would be content with that outcome.

I hope it doesn’t work like that!

and based on all that- we just MUST WIN tomorrow night!

As a long term supporter - accepted relegation at least two months ago! - McCarthy and Hughes have given us a slim chance. I only hope we dont go down because of GD after City put 6 or 7 past us on Sunday! I hope for a victory tomorrow and a reasonable result (no more than 2 goal defeat) on Sunday. In a way i want relegation to see the end of Reed and Krueger with a complete overhaul of a very average squad. If we stay up i feel that those two will stay and we wont do any real business in the summer meaning another poor season in 2019. Not sure about Hughes long term but definitely think we should keep him if relegated (because there wont be any better on offer)

No, relegation is not good. If we finish 17th we will retain our premier league status, THEN get rid of Reed and Krueger!

Hughes must be overdue an away win in the league surely ?

If we don't win tomorrow then I think we've gone... if we haven't already.

Have thought we're destined for relegation for some weeks - clown sacked too late - so anything other than that is a massive bonus.

Not confident at all. We usually **** up these big matches. The most Saintsly way will be to blow a 2-0 lead at Swansea and draw 2-2. That’ll string us along until Sunday. Days/nights of wondering what’ll happen, posts of “could we beat City”, “if Huddy can draw at their place...” and “funny feeling we’ll win this one”, followed by a tonking by City and Swansea squeaking by us with a last minute dodgy penalty vs Stoke.

I hope for a win tomorrow night that would make Sunday much more relaxing.

However, I suspect we'll draw yet again and then it'll be on to Sunday with all to play for.

Saints will take an early lead against City while Stoke also take a 1-0 lead into half time. Hope rises at St Mary's.

Stoke score a second while Saints are camped in their own half as City pass it around. McCarthy rescues another back three mistake.

20 minutes to go and the ref awards City a free kick on the edge of our area after Hoedt dives in needlessly. The free kick takes a deflection and the ball nestles in the back of the net. 1-1.

Soon afterwards word comes in that Swansea have a goal back.1-2.

Saints are defending manfully but Long breaks away with just the City 'keeper to beat. His shot hits the post and bounces to safety.

As it stands Saints are still up and Sky Sports show the table as it stands while going into a frenzy of hyperbole.

We move into the 90th minute and the City players are starting to think about the World Cup. Stephens passes across the Saints defence to Hoedt who slips on the over-watered pitch. Sane nicks the ball and slips it to Sterling who is a yard offside. The assistant keeps his flag down as Sterling rounds McCarthy and slides the ball into the empty net. 1-2 and Saints still up on goal difference.`

Saints are on the attack and the ref blows for full time after not enough extra time has been played. The focus switches to Swansea where there are 8 minutes added time. Dyer falls over in the box and the referee awards a penalty even though the ex-Saints forward tripped over his own feet. It's the last kick of the game. The penalty hits the post, comes back and hits the 'keeper on the back of the head before trickling over the line. 2-2.

At St Mary's the players fall to the floor in despair. Sky Sports are ecstatic.

Probably best to get that win tomorrow night.

Hughes must be overdue an away win in the league surely ?

If we don't win tomorrow then I think we've gone... if we haven't already.

Have thought we're destined for relegation for some weeks - clown sacked too late - so anything other than that is a massive bonus.

"If we haven't already"

Are you aware we are out of the zone?

People saying we ve been down for weeks are taking the ****.

We are right in the thick of things and we can do this 100%.

Wake up from your doom and gloom despair, let s get behind the boys and roar them on to victory!!!!!

Let s be in Swansea s faces, put them under all sorts of pressure and go for it!!! We are destined to survive.

Believe and let s all fight for pride passion and love of our football club.

COYS!!!! Together as one!!!!

Just read the jack butland article on bbc ... Not sure based on that we should be too hopeful of Stoke being up for it on Sunday. Not exactly a unified camp. Also raises some serious questions about how good mark Hughes is? Oh well, we can worry about that after Tuesday I guess.

I hope for a win tomorrow night that would make Sunday much more relaxing.

However, I suspect we'll draw yet again and then it'll be on to Sunday with all to play for.

Saints will take an early lead against City while Stoke also take a 1-0 lead into half time. Hope rises at St Mary's.

Stoke score a second while Saints are camped in their own half as City pass it around. McCarthy rescues another back three mistake.

20 minutes to go and the ref awards City a free kick on the edge of our area after Hoedt dives in needlessly. The free kick takes a deflection and the ball nestles in the back of the net. 1-1.

Soon afterwards word comes in that Swansea have a goal back.1-2.

Saints are defending manfully but Long breaks away with just the City 'keeper to beat. His shot hits the post and bounces to safety.

As it stands Saints are still up and Sky Sports show the table as it stands while going into a frenzy of hyperbole.

We move into the 90th minute and the City players are starting to think about the World Cup. Stephens passes across the Saints defence to Hoedt who slips on the over-watered pitch. Sane nicks the ball and slips it to Sterling who is a yard offside. The assistant keeps his flag down as Sterling rounds McCarthy and slides the ball into the empty net. 1-2 and Saints still up on goal difference.`

Saints are on the attack and the ref blows for full time after not enough extra time has been played. The focus switches to Swansea where there are 8 minutes added time. Dyer falls over in the box and the referee awards a penalty even though the ex-Saints forward tripped over his own feet. It's the last kick of the game. The penalty hits the post, comes back and hits the 'keeper on the back of the head before trickling over the line. 2-2.

At St Mary's the players fall to the floor in despair. Sky Sports are ecstatic.

Probably best to get that win tomorrow night.

That hurt to read. So easy to imagine too.

None of their forwards are as good finishers as Austin. They have pace, so do we if Redmond starts. Both defences are rubbish. Our midfield, on paper at least, is far better. But they're at home.

For me, the only way we win this one is an early lead and then build on it. 0-2 or 0-3, that's how we'll win. I can't see us getting a 1 goal win, we just won't hold on.

Come on adrian stick to the script. We just needed to change the manager and the top-6 quality of the squad would shine through.

I can’t help but feel Stoke want to throw it away next Sunday against Swansea purely in spite of Hughes, and the way Paul Lambert spoke the other day saying ‘the rot for Stoke started in June’ (inferring that Hughes is to blame), then I reckon Lambert’s a bast*rd who wants Hughes to have this title of taking 2 teams down in one season, and that Stoke fans would be content with that outcome.

I hope it doesn’t work like that!

and based on all that- we just MUST WIN tomorrow night!

Yes, Stoke players and fans seem to hate Hughes so I guess they'll be quite happy to lose to Swansea.

"Bojan Mackey

All Time Stoke City XI

Hughes

Go on, send two clubs down in one season you boring, useless *****."