Luck - "It evens itself out over the season..."

Saint Garrett

I have to admit, I've been thinking much the same myself over the last couple of weeks.

But as much as I think we should be owed a large slice of luck, there's also the old adage that you make your own luck. I do feel that certain situations have definitely cost us this season, but realistically, if we go down it's because we have been pretty dire for most of the season.

All of that said - I wouldn't pass up a rather large slice of luck tonight if it were to come our way.

It's certainly due, but agree we've not helped ourselves this season...! Those few points would come in very handy right now though.

Those few points would keep us up, I'm pretty sure about that. But there's no point beefing about it now. Time to go out and do everything to win 2 games, whatever. Do that and none of this will matter.

We were lucky to play Palace away and WBA away when we did.

That said, the Watford decision was a bad one.

Not to mention Everton twice when they were managed by Unsworth or had nothing to play for.

Spurs were without Eriksson when they came to St Mary’s.

United, Arsenal and Chelsea were all well below standard in both games against us.

For the Watford goal we deserve no sympathy. We were 2-0 and should have had it in the bag easily but threw it away. We sat back, invited pressure, let them score, didn’t pose a threat ourselves and at the end didn’t stop the cross coming and left Doucouré very badly marked. The fact that the final touch game off his hand is just a very small factor in a game we should have won comfortably.

Teams that get relegated are due no luck as it’s fate the reason why they are going down.

We are getting our fair share of bad luck because the gods say we don’t deserve to stay in the premiership anymore.

Yeah, good point. That's what it is. Gods.

Yeah, good point. That's what it is. Gods.

I'm fully prepared to proclaim unequivocal devotion to any deity that can guarantee us 3pts tonight... Just tell me where to sign up!

Maybe more foolhardy is my abstinence fron the grain tonight. I must be f****** mental !

We got Boscombe at a good time as well. In fact our run in has been pretty lucky since West Ham. With Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester , boscombe & Everton not having much to play for, neither have City in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For us:

Last min pen vs West Ham (although probably a pen?)

Against:

Watford handball goal

Marcus Alonso sending off

Everton 7 mins injury time + Redmond "foul"

Does it even out throughout the season? Are we right to feel hard done by?

Against

The disallowed goal at Wembley

Stephens sending off against Arsenal (every similar decision since has received just a yellow - Danny Rose etc)

Stoke home game & the lack of injury time

Against

Stephens sending off against Arsenal (every similar decision since has received just a yellow - Danny Rose etc)

The Stephens sending off meant Bendarek came in and he is far superior

Teams that get relegated are due no luck as it’s fate the reason why they are going down.

We are getting our fair share of bad luck because the gods say we don’t deserve to stay in the premiership anymore.

I think Reed's ego can live without being called that, TBH.

I'm fully prepared to proclaim unequivocal devotion to any deity that can guarantee us 3pts tonight... Just tell me where to sign up!

Maybe more foolhardy is my abstinence fron the grain tonight. I must be f****** mental !

You're going with the grape then? :-)

Against

The Stephens thing was a clear red card and also good news for us.

Just watched Cresswell go well over the top on McTominay !

Very clear yellow at the very least but not given !

The ref is Jon Moss, same guy who clearly deemed Yoshida’s challenge (1st yellow) as being worse !

Inconsistency rules, I’m afraid - or maybe just incompetence!

Just watched Cresswell go well over the top on McTominay !

Very clear yellow at the very least but not given !

The ref is Jon Moss, same guy who clearly deemed Yoshida’s challenge (1st yellow) as being worse !

Inconsistency rules, I’m afraid - or maybe just incompetence!

Noble going for the face was no different from Stephens

Unfair? It was the same for both teams and if we had scored in that time would you have felt the same way?

From how I remember it, the Everton extra-extra time could be justified because of Cedric's injury. Couldn't find any reason for the City extra-extra time. It suited them more than us because we were satisfied with the point and they weren't.

From how I remember it, the Everton extra-extra time could be justified because of Cedric's injury. Couldn't find any reason for the City extra-extra time. It suited them more than us because we were satisfied with the point and they weren't.

I wasn’t at the game, was just making a point. Whether it suits one team more than the other cannot be taken into consideration, of course.

It did even out, we got robbed of two points for a blatant handball that even made Stevie Wonder wince, but we then won a throw-in on the halfway line against Man Utd that maybe should have been theirs.

The same as when Kevin Friend was playing for Liverpool and on that one day his mistakes cost us a league place - we won a goalkick that season that should have been a corner.

So it all evens out.

:scared: