Swansea vs Saints - Match Thread

St Chalet

Our back three are so flaky that we cannot lose Hojberg or Romeu from CDM. That means Redmond and Tadic need to step up to the plate much more and play the match of their lives. Austin just needs to actually try hitting the target but not the Keeper. They are playing like the home team...against Everton WE played like the home team, so the question is, can Hughes now inspire them to play without fear?

Unfortunately I can’t see where the goal(s) are coming from to win this game. And if they score first, we will lose.

Although the two best chances fell to us via Austin, it must be said that Swansea have been the more industrious team when it comes to pressing and harrying. Tadic is working hard, and Austin has done his bit tracking back. Redmond had two chances to put through a killer pass to Austin, but on each occasion his touch has been far too heavy. Why can't he do that properly? The defence is worrying, because we have the worst record in the PL for defending crosses and this is being exploited by Swansea. Effectively we are without Yoshida, our most experienced CB, and have the still fairly raw Stephens who isn't good in the air, the mistake prone Hoedt and the only recently introduced, but fairly solid Bednarek. I am not filled with confidence. McCarthy on the other hand is a rock, thankfully. Romeu is walking on eggshells with his yellow. I think that at some stage, Long would give us extra pace and intent, which might tip the ballance in our favour.

Excruciating this. Poor performance from us first half I thought...very nervy, second to most 50/50 balls, Hoedt and Stephens a liability...Tadic hasn't touched the ball, Romeu looks sluggish and now on a yellow...Austin a good volley, otherwise meh...

...time for a major kick up the arse...this game is screaming for a touch of class...bring Gabbi on for his runs and a pivot in the box to score the winner!

Come on your Saints!