Swansea 0 Saints 1

St Chalet

MotM vs Swansea (Away 2017/18[B][/B])  

186 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Swansea (Away 2017/18[B][/B])

• McCarthy
    • Bednarek
    • Stephens
    • Hoedt
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Romeu
    • Højbjerg
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Long
    • Gabbiadini
    • McQueen

This will sound weird, as I've been pessimistic about this team all season, but I've been calm all day as I had a feeling they'd win. Knew it would be 1-0 too, should have stuck a few quid on it but happy without. Need to finish off professionally V City now and get at least a point.

I just saw something in the Bournemouth and Everton displays I hadn't seen all season, some energy and spirit, which Puel and Pellegrino had sucked out of them. Also, even though Everton were without key players on Saturday, they are on a decent run and with that comes belief. Tonight, Swansea's recent form issues meant some of the confidenc drained out of them after Gabbi scored and they weren't the same threat afterwards, even with six minutes of injury time.

Not over yet, and have to finish off properly at the weekend. Delighted though with this win, memories of the 1990s tonight and chuffed for the fans who went.

Swansea will look to pick themselves up and hope either City score a hatful or Arsenal want to give Wenger a grand send off at Huddersfield. Got a feeling Stoke will be a bit wounded after Adam and Butland's comments though. They could implode or could want to prove a point as well.

It's in Saints's hands now anyway.

Franny Benali heaping huge praise on Hughes

Said we were certainly down had we not brought him in

Took him a couple of games to increase the intensity and now the result are coming back

Says Hughes has a connection with the club and clearly see he has given everything to get us almost out of this mess in such a short space of time

I knew we would win.....as my Washington Capitals beat Pittsburgh in the NHL play-offs for first time in 20+ years. When my Washington teams (Capitals and Redskins) win Saints invariably do (which obviously, is not that often!)

Hughes has made a fair number of bad tactical changes since he’s taken over but that bold move of bringing on gabbi deserves credit. Never want one of our players to get injured but bednarek’s head injury was somewhat lucky. Also if premier league takes head 8njury protocol seriously bednarek shouldn’t play at 5h3 weekend.

Expected that last ditch scuffed shot into the box to lead to a goal. Thankfully Stephens was in the right place to lump it clear.

Equally if they equalised Shane would have deserved extreme grief for not lay8ng 5he ball across for a tap in second.

The last 3 games we’ve played some nicer stuff at times. That Swansea side were turgid today and on that evidence they should go down. Still not Hughes biggest fan but he’s earned a shot at the hot seat next season as long as he buys into the club’s mentality.

Could you imagine "draws are wins" MoPe inspiring the boys like that. All the Swansea shenanigans backfired. The Welshman lead his troops into the stadium as if to say, this is our game.

Great touch that. It was like a **** you moment to the whole situation

Reduced to a misty eyed wreck watching the stream in a Midlands hotel room. Make no mistake this was another brilliant Hughes tactical victory - that man knows how to best utilise the resources at his disposal however weak. Just think what he could do with a summer transfer window and pre-season, not to mention the great team spirit he’s clearly engendered in the squad already. But watch Les fook it up....again. We’ll also to the Saints supporters at the Liberty...just fantastic.

Wow....I need a lay down after that.

This has been a bloody turn around by Hughes.

Well done all the squad

And thank you Manolo

Great substitutions by Hughes.

Not mathematically safe...let’s get at Man City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the most nervous I have ever been listening to a game on the radio.

The fans sounded fantastic, well done to all of you who travelled.

fecking brilliant. The squad is weaker than the past 4 seasons (if not before) but they are not as bad as the table would indicate. Hughes will win more than 6 games in a season with this lot.

I hope he enjoys his bonus. He bloody deserves it.

Looking forward to Stoke and Saints scoring within the first ten minutes next week.

I knew we would win.....as my Washington Capitals beat Pittsburgh in the NHL play-offs for first time in 20+ years. When my Washington teams (Capitals and Redskins) win Saints invariably do (which obviously, is not that often!)

Hey congrats! Would like to see Ovie get his hands on the Cup. Give Tampa a beating for me please (Senators Fan).

Sparky and Co will be right into them once the celebrations are done. They deserve it tonight, but they'll be ready for Sunday. Get the fook in.

Got horrific images of these celebrations coming back to bite us...Austin saying job done etc...us losing 5 or 6 nil and Swansea beating a defeated stoke 4 or 5 nil would overhaul the goal difference.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Have to bite my lip and thank Les Reed for finding a manager who could save us with only a handful of games to go, but it should never have come to that, so along with the thanks, I suggest Les pays the bonus out of his own pocket.

Surely, Mark Hughes will be offered a proper contract now. With the better squad we have, he'll do well here and with the whole of the close season to lose the dead wood and strengthen where needed he could get off to a much better start, It's also a bonus to have a manager who speaks the language.

Absolute wreck here. And I have a days work to do now. Great effort and positivity. Gabby deserves a bloody medal, sticking around the way he has been treated and putting it all on the line to get that one in the net. If I was in Swansea i would definitely be going to the Marriott for an incognito drink and then doing something bang out of order to celebrate.

Oh my Lord. Totally ****ed and totally happy! God knows how many £10 - £20 bets I jumped on the draw in the last 10 minutes but I'd rather lose that than win the circa £1k I'd have bagged if Swansea got the late equaliser.

Here's hoping we avoid the doomsday scenario on Sunday! (Heavy defeat vs Man City and Swansea thrashing Stoke for a 9 goal swing!!)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Have to bite my lip and thank Les Reed for finding a manager who could save us with only a handful of games to go, but it should never have come to that, so along with the thanks, I suggest Les pays the bonus out of his own pocket.

Surely, Mark Hughes will be offered a proper contract now. With the better squad we have, he'll do well here and with the whole of the close season to lose the dead wood and strengthen where needed he could get off to a much better start, It's also a bonus to have a manager who speaks the language.

Les Reed didn't find Mark Hughes, he was a very obvious appointment.

Hughes got us out of the sh it that Reed put us in.

Honestly - with 5mins left I left my house and stayed out until I had text saying game over 0-1 Saints

Now Celebrating with a few cold ones : )

Me too. Just horrible feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk