Swansea 0 Saints 1

St Chalet

MotM vs Swansea (Away 2017/18[B][/B])  

186 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Swansea (Away 2017/18[B][/B])

• McCarthy
    • Bednarek
    • Stephens
    • Hoedt
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Romeu
    • Højbjerg
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Long
    • Gabbiadini
    • McQueen

Booom !!!!!!!!!!

I really hope Mark Hughes stays, he will not take crap from Les Reed, who sadly I think will be kept on.

He just cannot be kept on - Reed I mean; Mark Hughes has earned the job, and must stay on.

Some great reactions on Twitter from Koeman, Billy Sharp, Neil Maddison, etc etc :)

McCarthy deserve a late call up to World Cup? Better than some of the numpties already lined up!

What did big Ron have to say?

Still can't believe it. We were gone after Leicester away, absolutely gone. Had already confined myself to The Championship next season. This is like a promotion

My moment was throwing away that Chelsea 2-0 lead. That is when I started to mentally adjust to accepting Championship football.

The Board and the new Owner must learn from this, and if they are still here next season Kruger and Reed must never forget how they felt that moment when Everton scored last week. Being so close to relegation was completely necessary and due to complacency. There will be many an inquest into this season, but I will start, with why did we sell the World's most expensive defender ever, and then waste a third of the profit on Carillo and then not even replace the defender?

I strolled back from the village pub under a star-lit night farting merrily as I went. Whether it was the numerous and nervously drunk pints of Pots or my lunch I cannot tell and care less. The barmaid also gave me a litre of slops for me slugs traps, so result all round!

I swore in Italian when Gabbi scored, but fortunately nobody understood! The above poster is right though: he held the ball up well, which certainly wasn't happening in the first half. On to Sunday and being able to make a noise and get my stress out of my system. I'm too old for these great escapes, I really am.

I lost all bodily functions for the final 20 minutes. Could only sit and stare at the clock and will it to tick faster. Games like that should carry a health warning.

Well done to the manager, coaching staff, players and fans (brilliant tonight).

Everybody at board level, go look in the mirror, and do the right thing.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Hughes has made a fair number of bad tactical changes since he’s taken over but that bold move of bringing on gabbi deserves credit. Never want one of our players to get injured but bednarek’s head injury was somewhat lucky. Also if premier league takes head 8njury protocol seriously bednarek shouldn’t play at 5h3 weekend.

Expected that last ditch scuffed shot into the box to lead to a goal. Thankfully Stephens was in the right place to lump it clear.

Equally if they equalised Shane would have deserved extreme grief for not lay8ng 5he ball across for a tap in second.

The last 3 games we’ve played some nicer stuff at times. That Swansea side were turgid today and on that evidence they should go down. Still not Hughes biggest fan but he’s earned a shot at the hot seat next season as long as he buys into the club’s mentality.

I think the Club should be buying into Hughes' mentality, not the other way around!

It’s quite funny to see that before the game people were saying a point wouldn’t be the end of the world cos we could beat a City team with nothing to play for. Now people are ****ting themselves that we will lose about 7-0 !!!

I thought I was going to have 3 heart attacks tonight. Gabbi my hero of the night. I forgot what this feels like. Ahhhhhhhhhh utter bliss.

Don't mean to trump you but I am actually having open heart surgery at the end of the month! I could hardly watch the last 20 minutes!

...b495df6499877a493273a38ae2cf1be6.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Brilliant...ok, maybe he did go to take the big money at Everton; but he was great for Saints, and there's still a suspicion that Reed's heavy handedness had something to do with Ronald's exit.

Some great reactions on Twitter from Koeman, Billy Sharp, Neil Maddison, etc etc :)

McCarthy deserve a late call up to World Cup? Better than some of the numpties already lined up!

Lundekvam, Griffit, Chaplow, Channon and of course Le Tiss.

Brilliant...ok, maybe he did go to take the big money at Everton; but he was great for Saints, and there's still a suspicion that Reed's heavy handedness had something to do with Ronald's exit.

Causing two years of turgid football, and gambling our league status in the process.

Huge, mind-blowingly huge.

It wasn't a perfect performance by any means, but what it lacked in technical style, it made up for in grit and determination.

This is the main trait that Hughes has brought to us, and let's be honest....any half decent manager would bring to us. Get back to basics, mix up the play a little and play with a genuine purpose.

To this day I still do not understand what Puel or MP were trying to do with us, revolutionise football or something, but it was all too over complicated and it never made any sense.

Barring in absolute crazy situation, we can probably now start tentatively planning for next year, which I must admit looked a long way off a few weeks ago.

Why on earth did we stick with MP for so long?

To this day I still do not understand what Puel or MP were trying to do with us, revolutionise football or something, but it was all too over complicated and it never made any sense.

This, exactly. There never seemed to be any sense of purpose to our play under MP, and we rarely looked threatening. Our forward play under Hughes is completely different, players know who is supposed to be where, and what they are supposed to be doing. Even in the games we've lost or dropped points we have actually competed, not just in effort but in the quality of play (west ham apart.)

Wow.

Lost my stream just as we seemed to score and didn't get it back until after the final whistle.

Not sure if that made it more or less stressful!

What a result.

Suddenly the world is a better place, and I'm looking forward to Sunday :D

McCarthy was definitely MOM - and of the season and I loved seeing the emotion of a welshman who outdid the snidey swans.

Ugly performance for the most part, but exactly what was needed.

Almost shed a tear watching those celebrations.

A profusely sweating Reed, “see Mr GAO, told you everything was under control”....

It's been a huge night for Mr Gao. Here's hoping he's got the intelligence or good counsel to show Reed, Kreuger and Wilson the door.

The Swansea and Stoke fan boards are a riot. Swansea is in throat slitting mode. Stoke is pretty funny. Comments such as "Hughes keeps up a team full of players he wanted, shocker", and lamenting that they never gave Hughes players like Tadic, Gabbi, Austin, Bertrand, McCarthy, Redmond, and Cedric when he was there". I guess the grass is always greener, but they seem envious of the Saints players.

Watched it in a bar in Ibiza but I had to have the sound off as they were playing club music.

Can’t say it was a cracking atmosphere but ****ing hell I went mental when we scored

The people in there were all starring and laughing at me as I was heading everything away when Swansea attacked.

For those not knowing I was watching the game will think I have started a new dance craze.

Watched it in a bar in Ibiza but I had to have the sound off as they were playing club music.

Can’t say it was a cracking atmosphere but ****ing hell I went mental when we scored

The people in there were all starring and laughing at me as I was heading everything away when Swansea attacked.

For those not knowing I was watching the game will think I have started a new dance craze.

:lol:

Been on edge for weeks. It’s nice to sit and sup a pint or three without too much worry about relegation. Obviously I can’t get to Saints games so staying up means I can watch on TSN/Sportsnet here instead of crappy streams.

My brother was a huge Man United and Hughes fan. Wish he was around to witness tonight. Sadly he passed away a few years back at the age of 35. He had a real soft spot for Saints and with Hughes at the helm he’d have loved that.