Swansea 0 Saints 1

St Chalet

MotM vs Swansea (Away 2017/18[B][/B])  

186 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Swansea (Away 2017/18[B][/B])

• McCarthy
    • Bednarek
    • Stephens
    • Hoedt
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Romeu
    • Højbjerg
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Long
    • Gabbiadini
    • McQueen

Got horrific images of these celebrations coming back to bite us...Austin saying job done etc...us losing 5 or 6 nil and Swansea beating a defeated stoke 4 or 5 nil would overhaul the goal difference.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same! Job not done yet!

Phew.

Take a bow McCarthy, my player of the season.

Take a slap in the chops Reed and bugger off.

Take a course on how to think positively Pellegrino you '1 up front' nutter.

Take a brown envelope Pep, you can have a 1-0 and your hundred points and we stay up.

Take a sympathetic pat on the shoulders Baggies, tremendous effort but not quite enough.

Take a bonus Sparky, well earned. Proper management at last.

Finally take a bow every Saints fan that has endured this season, it's been a tough one but we're still here.

By christ we left it late but we got there......

comment_XLFGndHtMXaYcwn9XaEky1LSZUKmM6Dx.jpg

Stoke will beat Swansea. A team playing with pressure versus a team with no anxiety. The technical abilities of both sides are similar, Stoke will win.

And Hudders will lose 0-4 to Chelsea and 0-5 to Arsenal and we won't even finish 17th

Dalek will be gutted. (only kidding young man)

Bookies have moved Saints out to at least 100-1 for relegation now... Ain't going to happen. Epic, epic day.
I might just have a cheeky quid on it at that price!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Have to bite my lip and thank Les Reed for finding a manager who could save us with only a handful of games to go, but it should never have come to that, so along with the thanks, I suggest Les pays the bonus out of his own pocket.

Surely, Mark Hughes will be offered a proper contract now. With the better squad we have, he'll do well here and with the whole of the close season to lose the dead wood and strengthen where needed he could get off to a much better start, It's also a bonus to have a manager who speaks the language.

Agree. Saint Sparkie! a Saint through and through!

So Les, do the right thing - for the first time in two years.

We're not quite safe yet. We must maintain a ten points goal difference. Stoke could yet be generous to Swansea, and ManCity want to achieve 100 points.

But with the team's increasing confidence under Mark Hughes we could surprise City.

What a way to end the season that would be.

Can someone please list every possible scenario that would send us down?

There really is only 1 - we lose vs City, Swansea win vs Stoke, and the net change in goal difference has to be 10, ie we lose 5-0 and they win 5-0.

Can someone please list every possible scenario that would send us down?

9 goal swing needed, in effect 10 because we've score more goals than Swansea too.

So 9-0 defeat and 1-0 win for Swansea, or 8-0 and 2-0, 7-0 or 3-0, 6-0 and 4-0, 5-0 and 5-0, you can do the rest.

But, if Huddersfield lose both of their games, then we'll be safe whatever happens.

A nervous wreck for the final ten minutes, for two games in a row.

I was literally pacing back and forth in my hotel room with my palms pressed to the sides of my head occasionally screaming “COME ON!!!” Then the match started and things really turned mental.

I was literally pacing back and forth in my hotel room with my palms pressed to the sides of my head occasionally screaming “COME ON!!!” Then the match started and things really turned mental.
Lol :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Fantastic to see the emotion from Hughes at the end. Full credit to him, he is known as being dour, but there is no question he and his coaching team have produced 100% more passion from these players than what went before.

From the moment he has come in, his common sense and determination to win have shone through, and I would be saying he should get the job even if we had lost today.

Having said all that, job is not done yet, I refuse to accept we can't possibly mess it up until it's mathematically done, this is Saints after all! But I trust Hughes & co to get the players down to earth and ready to go again for the last game.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Great achievement by Hughes to keep heads up after some cruel results against the likes of Chelsea and Everton - he showed proper leadership, which has been sorely lacking at the club for the last two seasons.

Think I broke my hand celebrating that Gabbiadini goal! Can't believe we've gotten away with it. All the fans that journeyed up to Swansea, I salute you - absolutely fantastic atmosphere!

Still can't believe it. We were gone after Leicester away, absolutely gone. Had already confined myself to The Championship next season. This is like a promotion

As Big Sam would say ‘respect the point’

Absolute wreck here. And I have a days work to do now. Great effort and positivity. Gabby deserves a bloody medal, sticking around the way he has been treated and putting it all on the line to get that one in the net. If I was in Swansea i would definitely be going to the Marriott for an incognito drink and then doing something bang out of order to celebrate.

Just to take your point about Gabbiadini a step further - quite apart from his goal I thought his cameo was excellent; lots of good hold up play, nice touches and passes and good decision making in tight situations. I know he probably won't stay, but I'd love to see him in Saints colours next season. LOng's cameo was also good. Some posters were calling for Hoj to be replaced at half time but he and Romeu worked all night to contain and eventually overpower the three man Swansea midfield. Alex McCarthy has proved himself a quality keeper and his belated promotion on top of all the other delayed decisions or non-decisions by Reed, Kreuger and Wilson are the only sour feeling on a glorious night for SFC.