Wow! It looks like we are staying up! :)

I didn't believe we could do it, but it looks as if we are just about there now. OK, I know we need to be cautious and make sure that we don't concede a record haul of goals on Saturday, but I am going to allow myself to believe we will stay up.

Of course, the inquisition into this cannot start before the last match, so let's just enjoy this now. I wish I could be there on Saturday - hope those of you who go are able to enjoy it! :)

From the reaction thread...

Got horrific images of these celebrations coming back to bite us...Austin saying job done etc...us losing 5 or 6 nil and Swansea beating a defeated stoke 4 or 5 nil would overhaul the goal difference.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

From the reaction thread...

I know what you mean and silly words by Austin. That said, I reckon 1-1 v City on Sunday. We'll have Yoshi back as well which will help and he won't want his farewell to end with the drop. A couple of early fouls, just to let City know we will be getting stuck in, should help. Hughes will be encouraging them to get stuck in.

We won't lose 5 or 6 nil

Hughesy, glass raised to you sir! Unbelievable

Even if we did, its difficult to see Swansea scoring 4, even against Stoke, their problem is they can't score goals, its very unlikely that is suddenly going to change, very unlikely.

But it might.

I still think it will be Huddersfield. Chelsea need to win tomorrow unlike Man City last Sunday. Then I think Arsenal will want to send Wenger off with a win.

Look at Arsenal at the weekend, they turn up when the season is over

The good thing is now that suddenly all the points count.

Instead of having to go on about Watford handball and Everton's overtime equaliser they now shouldn't matter.

And we now appreciate not losing at home to Brighton, Stoke, Swansea, Huddesfield, Newcastle instead of not beating them.

Wonder what's the fewest wins anyone has stayed up with?

Instead of having to go on about Watford handball and Everton's overtime equaliser they now shouldn't matter.

And we now appreciate not losing at home to Brighton, Stoke, Swansea, Huddesfield, Newcastle instead of not beating them.

And the draw away to Everton no longer feels like a defeat!

And the draw away to Everton no longer feels like a defeat!
Maybe the draw vs Everton was a blessing in disguise....

It meant we had to go for it yesterday and we came away with 4 points from the two games. If we'd beaten Everton there was a danger that we'd have mentally set ourselves up for a draw yesterday which, knowing us, would have probably ended in tears and only 3 points from the two games.

So, all in all, a bit of a masterstroke from Bertrand on Saturday to give the ball back to Everton in the final seconds. All makes sense now... :)

It meant we had to go for it yesterday and we came away with 4 points from the two games. If we'd beaten Everton there was a danger that we'd have mentally set ourselves up for a draw yesterday which, knowing us, would have probably ended in tears and only 3 points from the two games.

So, all in all, a bit of a masterstroke from Bertrand on Saturday to give the ball back to Everton in the final seconds. All makes sense now... :)

Talking of Bertrand, watching his reaction towards Hughes last night suggests he quite likes the boss. Maybe he’ll wanna stay on as captain.

Leicester away now seems like a useful point.

However I would not want him next season as I want someone that will help us become more attractive to watch.
I never liked Sparky as a manager much. Always thought that he was a bit dour but I have to say that I have been impressed with his passion and general demeanour since he has been here....at least Press Conferences make sense and are vaguely interesting. I wouldn't be against him staying. I think that if he was at the right club he could do a good job....could be us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If we got 3 points vs Everton and only 1 point vs Swansea, that means Swansea also got 1 point. We then needed to take at least 1 point vs Man City to avoid relegation. I don't think we could.

his post match interview also. think 10 months ago he was weighing up his future but his comments on the club, history and where were going - would love to see him given captaincy again.

Man C are on the beach , got the trophy , will surely be going through the motions on Sunday plus Redmond will be out to impress Pep !!!!!

Disagree. Man City will run riot unless we are utterly professional. That means approaching the game right, playing hard and matching City.

I wouldn't trust Stoke. They could easily take a thrashing. We cannot afford complacency and arrogance. That's what got us into the mess in the first place.

I hope the whole club, finish the job properly and only then should, they party.

Disagree. Man City will run riot unless we are utterly professional. That means approaching the game right, playing hard and matching City.

I wouldn't trust Stoke. They could easily take a thrashing. We cannot afford complacency and arrogance. That's what got us into the mess in the first place.

I hope the whole club, finish the job properly and only then should, they party.

This. Stoke hate Hughes, so they won't do us any favours. Man City can score for fun if they want to. This is not over.

However I would not want him next season as I want someone that will help us become more attractive to watch.

The chances of Les screwing up a managerial appointment for the third summer in succession seem pretty good to me. Hughes has earned the chance to stay on.

Exactly,Stoke will make it easy for Swansea and catching City on one of their good days could make the club look like complete fannies. Defeat for Hudds tonight might just determine Swanseas priority on Sunday.

The club needs to be professional and guard against any complacency and assuming all ends well learn from all this,although with the fools running it ,am not sure.

Even if we'd got 4 points, with an Everton win and Swansea draw, we'd only be 2 points ahead of the Swans instead of 3. So yes the Everton draw may indeed be a blessing in disguise.

But it certainly didn't feel like it at the time when that bloody equaliser deflected in! The 2005 flashbacks were unbearable.