Man City Build Up

Toomer

Its about time Crouch done us a favour, I can still see him not holding the ball up by the corner flag against Everton I think when we got relegated last time.

Still nervous about this game even though the odds are stacked in our favour.

Yawn....

Think we might see both of those improve under Hughes (if he stays). MoPe's tactics often left them exposed and if the instructions given to them was as clueless as those given to the mids then it's no wonder that they got out of position.

To say a 62 year old former children's TV presenter is a better footballer than two Premier League regulars is not accurate. It is either a pathetic wind-up or delusional.

How do you know, have you seen Timmy Mallet play CB? Therefore your comment is void.

Its about time Crouch done us a favour, I can still see him not holding the ball up by the corner flag against Everton I think when we got relegated last time.

Still nervous about this game even though the odds are stacked in our favour.

You mean like he did at their place this season, when he came on for the last 10 minutes and promptly scored the winner for Stoke. 1st game back for VvD, Fraser actually saved a penalty but still Crouchie had the last laugh.

Think we might see both of those improve under Hughes (if he stays). MoPe's tactics often left them exposed and if the instructions given to them was as clueless as those given to the mids then it's no wonder that they got out of position.

Both their stats on the OS were good against Swansea. Check them out

State of this thread. I thought people were jesting at first but it does appear some of you are genuinely worried there might be a TEN goal (at least) swing.

Wow.

err...yes. Anything can happen. I always opt for being cautious in my predictions and look what has happened.

well they haven't improved under him yet despite playing a formation designed to protect them as much as possible they are lucky McCarthy is in top form at the moment. I'm desperately hoping we are going invest in one (hopefully two) good CBs this summer

State of this thread. I thought people were jesting at first but it does appear some of you are genuinely worried there might be a TEN goal (at least) swing.

Wow.

Hughes Stoke side conceded 7 against Man City this season, lets not forget. Anything could happen Sunday

Hughes Stoke side conceded 7 against Man City this season, lets not forget. Anything could happen Sunday

We have a better squad than Stoke. Saints are also currently playing better than Stoke and in a better place confidence wise. Of course Man City will want to win to get 100 points, but their players will be thinking of going to a World Cup injury free when they are faced with a 50/50 challenge on Sunday.

But there's far more quality in this Saints side than that Stoke shambles.

Saints biggest home league defeat both since promotion back to the prem and since the turn of the century is by 3 goals. Indeed, our only league defeat by more than three goals was away to Arsenal in our fist season back up. And yet there are people on here who seriously believe we are going to get beaten by seven goals this Sunday - which would still need Swansea to win by three, something they have done only once in the league this season!

Of course, it could happen, anything is possible. It is also possible that I could win the lottery this Saturday!

To say a 62 year old former children's TV presenter is a better footballer than two Premier League regulars is not accurate. It is either a pathetic wind-up or delusional.

He used to play for the hammers

I think a lot of people are being cautious and do not want to tempt fate. That's all.

Gloating will only help to motivate Swansea and Stoke would probably love to see Hughes fall flat on his face.

So, I would imagine the club are keeping a low profile until after the City game, which is the right thing to do.

I think a lot of people are being cautious and do not want to tempt fate. That's all.

Gloating will only help to motivate Swansea and Stoke would probably love to see Hughes fall flat on his face.

So, I would imagine the club are keeping a low profile until after the City game, which is the right thing to do.

I doubt Stoke and Swansea players read this board.

But Hughes is not managing them now. They have not conceded more than 3 goals in a game since the start of the year. Even when they conceded 7 they also scored 2 so it was "only" a 5 goal deficit. Swansea scored 8 earlier in the season. But it was against Notts County. They have only scored 2 goals in the last I don't know how many league games. Most likely result there is probably 0-0 or 0-1.

I maybe wrong but the grammar is quite a bit different!

Also, many of them are quite sensible posts, leaving aside this thread. I reckon _I'd_ be a better CB than Timmy Mallett although I admit 90 minutes would be beyond me these days!

Saints biggest home league defeat both since promotion back to the prem and since the turn of the century is by 3 goals. Indeed, our only league defeat by more than three goals was away to Arsenal in our fist season back up. And yet there are people on here who seriously believe we are going to get beaten by seven goals this Sunday - which would still need Swansea to win by three, something they have done only once in the league this season!

Of course, it could happen, anything is possible. It is also possible that I could win the lottery this Saturday!

You are wrong mate......I'm winning the lottery this Saturday :D

Both their stats on the OS were good against Swansea. Check them out

Woe betide the defender with bad stats against that Swansea team!

Stephens and Hoedt both have plenty of talent. Like the rest of the team, they'll improve with confidence, though their aerial ability is a worry.

Andre Marriner is the referee for this one.

Mike Dean is the 4th official

What joy........the pair of them sponsored by Clinton’s where we are concerned!

If only Sparky hadn’t made the crack about Moss probably needing to get his breath back, we could have had that nice Mr Tierney or our 12th man at Burnley Super Bobby Madley..........nope we get Mr Perma Tan Walk about the pitch and Mr Look at me in his ear.

Who was saying a 10 goal swing was hogwash!!!

:D

Can't see much beyond a 0-0 stroll in the park on Sunday. Man City is a team full of players heading to the World Cup so will probably be at 80% or less. Saints under Hughes are becoming a decent outfit and no easy push over any more. Could be fairly interesting in displaying the finesse of passing between defenders and midfielders but I anticipate the atmosphere of end end of season testimonial.

At Swansea I expect Crouch to sign off with at least a brace.

I suspect we will keep it tight and not play an expansive game. Could lose 1-0 but we'll be fine. It'll be a dull affair that's for sure. We aren't that easy to break down with the 5-4-1 formation.

I think that may be a bit different with City. Some are saying crunch them early with a few hefty challenges but I can only see that ending badly, we're talking one of the big boys here, refs will bend over backwards for them. We'd probably end up with 9 men on the pitch by halftime, we would certainly be in trouble then. I think a less intense match will suit both sides.

Guardiola made loads of changes for their last game, surely he will do again.

Granted that will mean many awesome players playing but it won’t be their best 11.

More so being the last game before the World Cup. I’m sure the likes of KdB and some of our players will hope for a training match.

Can only imagine we will be very defensive for the first half at least

Of course, the changes the other night from city could mean a first 11 starting on Sunday.

Edited by Batman

We might get smashed but I can't see it being by more than 4, but I can't honestly see Swansea scoring more than 1 anyway.

Their confidence is going to be rock bottom, they are down and they know it, very difficult to motivate a side on the basis of a 10 goal swing happening.