Man City Build Up

Toomer

Guardiola made loads of changes for their last game, surely he will do again.

Granted that will mean many awesome players playing but it won’t be their best 11.

More so being the last game before the World Cup. I’m sure the likes of KdB and some of our players will hope for a training match.

Can only imagine we will be very defensive for the first half at least

Of course, the changes the other night from city could mean a first 11 starting on Sunday.

I think it will be their strongest available 11 or very close. Pep will want to be seen to respect the competition and he has said he wants to get the 100 points.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'll just be glad when this season is over to be quite honest. Yet another dreary home draw to finish it off would be perfect.

Maybe we should get Pellegrino back for one game? If ever there was a man to call to secure a narrow defeat!

I suspect we will keep it tight and not play an expansive game. Could lose 1-0 but we'll be fine. It'll be a dull affair that's for sure. We aren't that easy to break down with the 5-4-1 formation.

That’s how I see it formation wise.

City have an incentive to win but don’t need to score a hatful.

For me the one up top would be Long as he keeps their defence on their toes and every once in a while he can actually score. Mind you we could employ Redmond in the same role. The defence picks itself. The four in midfield would be Hoj, Rom, Lemina (if fit, if not JWP) & Tadic. Tadic gets a free role.

WHy is my Twitter being posted? and what is Glasgow?

Bunch of weird stalkers on here mate.

Welcome to the forum - I am Glasgow (username before I changed it to Heisenberg)

I am probably the most popular/stalked poster here just now so you have a long way to go.

Forum needs posters with opinions and passion, so I double welcome you if you fit that category. Far to many fence sitting, poster obsessed, little slugs on here already :)

Glasgow is a (in)famous poster on here and perhaps someone thought you and Glasgow were one and the same. Don't panic, most on here are nice and pleasant folk, as in life, there are also a few Ar$ eholes.

A few of us will remember this last day capitulation

Yep. I remember it. Derby were already relegated IIRC.

Watching back those highlights, our offside trap really wasn't working that day was it.

Was Nichol still manager then?

Man City better watch out.

If Swansea were facing anyone other than Stoke I would be 99.9% convinced we are staying up! However, looking at forums and twitter a huge number of Stoke fans are hoping they lose 10-0 this weekend. Hopefully the players are not thinking the same! Surely, if Stoke were to roll over and Swansea won 8-0 there would need to be some sort of investigation! I just hope we nick a draw as I can really see Swansea scoring a bucket load against Stoke.

If Swansea were facing anyone other than Stoke I would be 99.9% convinced we are staying up! However, looking at forums and twitter a huge number of Stoke fans are hoping they lose 10-0 this weekend. Hopefully the players are not thinking the same! Surely, if Stoke were to roll over and Swansea won 8-0 there would need to be some sort of investigation! I just hope we nick a draw as I can really see Swansea scoring a bucket load against Stoke.

Of course they are not. They are professional players, most of whom don't support the club and therefore don't have the emotional investment that fans do.

They will be looking to salvage some pride from a poor season, playing for a place in a world cup squad, or trying to impress potential suitors who might want to sign them in the summer.

The very idea that they will roll over and let a team who have only scored twice in their last 8 games give them a tonking, just because a few bitter fans on an internet forum hate Mark Hughes, is utterly risible.

Yep. I remember it. Derby were already relegated IIRC.

Watching back those highlights, our offside trap really wasn't working that day was it.

Was Nichol still manager then?

I think this match was the straw on the camel's back that got him sacked (after years of fans wanting him out).

Of course they are not. They are professional players, most of whom don't support the club and therefore don't have the emotional investment that fans do.

They will be looking to salvage some pride from a poor season, playing for a place in a world cup squad, or trying to impress potential suitors who might want to sign them in the summer.

The very idea that they will roll over and let a team who have only scored twice in their last 8 games give them a tonking, just because a few bitter fans on an internet forum hate Mark Hughes, is utterly risible.

I wish I could share your confidence, we will find out in the first 30 mins, if it's 3-0 in 30mins we know we could be in for a long afternoon.

No Bednarek, Lemina doubtful

Bednarek is due a poor game and Lemina, while being excellent of late, can be guilty of losing possession cheaply. Plenty of cover available.

If it was a 2 or 3 goal difference I might understand the furrowed brows but it's 10. Were that to be overturned then there'd be room for a meltdown but I suspect it'll turn out just fine.

I wish I could share your confidence, we will find out in the first 30 mins, if it's 3-0 in 30mins we know we could be in for a long afternoon.

To be fair, Stoke could put wheelie bins out on the pitch and Swansea would still struggle to score at the moment.

It's possible it could be turned around, but how confident would you be if the situation was reversed and it was Saints needing to make up 10 goals and 3 points?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5718253/PETER-CROUCH-feel-embarrassed-guilty-letting-Stoke-fans-down.html

PETER CROUCH: "You can get some crazy results on the final day and I have heard it said that we would be happy to get trounced by Swansea if it led to them staying up and Southampton going down, given that Mark is now their manager after leaving us in January.

Let me assure you nothing could be further from the truth. I am embarrassed we are bottom of the table – a few weeks ago West Brom were well adrift yet we ended up being relegated before them. To finish the campaign 20th out of 20 would be as bad as it could get.

So we will go to Swansea and give it everything. What goes on with other teams is no concern to us. I'm not bothered that a win at Swansea would confirm Southampton's safety, I'm only bothered about getting the win that could stop us finishing bottom.

Pride is riding on this game. It should, however, have been so much more. This should have been our cup final. The fact it isn't has left me and many others absolutely heartbroken."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who had any fears- Crouch has spoken! He claims Stoke will go for it.

Clear, professional statement from Crouch. Respect to him!
With my cynical hat on, he's not really going to say anything but this, regardless of what they're thinking. He'd say exactly the same in public even if they had some secret desire to help send Saints down. (That doesn't mean for one second that I believe they want anything other than a win vs Swansea before I'm accused of suggesting otherwise!) :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Notice he doesn’t dispute the part about the players hating Hughes!

What part? The players don't hate him anyway, that is just a "supporters" thing, the players that had been there for a while were supportive, after all Hughes managed them to 3 top 10 finishes. The issues at Stoke can be laid fairly and squarely at the transfer policy, which Hughes had a say in but did not control. Some massive non-performers who then caused disquiet iin the dressing room. The nonsense about Hughes relegating Stoke is just that, nonsense. They had plenty of time to get out of the situation, but they didn't.

A few of us will remember this last day capitulation

I was there, Shilton played his last game for Derby if I recall. It was Nicholl’s final game. The following day I watched Hampshire in a Sunday league game at Derbyshire and was the coldest I have ever been at a cricket match!

I posted it to demonstrate that you were unassociated with Glasgow / Heisenberg, as some posters were assuming. Apologies for any intrusion, however your user name is easily googled which links straight to your Twitter.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

City win 5-0 in a game on Sunday.

City lose 5-0 in another game on Sunday.

Are Saints up or down?

In Swansea & Stoke 'City' does not mean Manchester City so this could get very confusing.

Just cos the media does it - doesn't mean you should tongue out the Manchester clubs as well.

Saints 6 Man City 0. Screw it. Get 'er done in style.

Staying up without breaking a sweat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5718253/PETER-CROUCH-feel-embarrassed-guilty-letting-Stoke-fans-down.html

PETER CROUCH: "You can get some crazy results on the final day and I have heard it said that we would be happy to get trounced by Swansea if it led to them staying up and Southampton going down, given that Mark is now their manager after leaving us in January.

Let me assure you nothing could be further from the truth. I am embarrassed we are bottom of the table – a few weeks ago West Brom were well adrift yet we ended up being relegated before them. To finish the campaign 20th out of 20 would be as bad as it could get.

So we will go to Swansea and give it everything. What goes on with other teams is no concern to us. I'm not bothered that a win at Swansea would confirm Southampton's safety, I'm only bothered about getting the win that could stop us finishing bottom.

Pride is riding on this game. It should, however, have been so much more. This should have been our cup final. The fact it isn't has left me and many others absolutely heartbroken."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who had any fears- Crouch has spoken! He claims Stoke will go for it.

Nice one, Crouchie, let's have another one!