Man City Build Up

Toomer

Dreamt last night that we were 5-0 down at half time and both teams were down to 9 men while Swansea were 1-0 up. We came out and got a goal and I think they did too. Swansea won 3-0 and I can't remember how our game finished but we ended up staying up on goal difference by two goals.

Iam concerned about the clubs complacency. When Austin was interviewed after the game the other night he brushed off that we could go down. Unprofessional and such an attitude my spark a team like City to think lets go for it.

Get to half-time 0-0 or just 1 down and I will be happy, but if we start off slack we could get intoa lot of trouble and become very nervy. I hope my concerns are unfounded but watching Saints for over 50 years has made me more negative than I should be.

Iam concerned about the clubs complacency. When Austin was interviewed after the game the other night he brushed off that we could go down. Unprofessional and such an attitude my spark a team like City to think lets go for it.

Get to half-time 0-0 or just 1 down and I will be happy, but if we start off slack we could get intoa lot of trouble and become very nervy. I hope my concerns are unfounded but watching Saints for over 50 years has made me more negative than I should be.

Do you honestly think city will be ‘sparked’ to really try because Austin says we are pretty much safe?

Edited by Batman

They will play that Austin disrespect video over n over and will come out like wounded lions.

Austin really has ****ed us!!

God, Man City couldn't beat us before Austins comments, what a clown he is. We are down.

Charlie's done the City team talk for them.

I imagine Pep will just pin the transcript of the interview on the dressing room wall. That's all he'll need to do to rile up that squad.

Personally I'd like to see Pep animated on the touchline raging and bellowing at the team that if they're only four-nil up after 70 minutes that they must attack attack attack to make sure they get to seven or eight just to get back at Charlie Austin. I imagine he'll make some serious attacking subs if that is the case.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If it was the Sky interview after the game I cant remember Austin being complacent, and if he was give him a little slack after just walking off from a do or die match which we just narrowly won, euphoria and all that.

Charlie Austin, speaking to Sky, reckons*Southampton*are nigh-on safe. They will only go down if they lose heavily to Man City, Huddersfield take at least one more point, and Swansea thrash Stoke. ““It’ll take a nine-goal swing [actually 10],” says Austin. “It can be done I suppose but … our hard work paid off today. We need nothing less than a win because we knew they have Stoke to come at the weekend. I’ve been relegated before at QPR and it’s a sad, sad feeling. But the gaffer has come in and turned it around, put some belief back into the team. We were down there because we weren’t good enough but the manager has turned it around.”

"It can be done I suppose"

What an absolute disgrace of complacent complacency I have ever seen in my whole life so I have.

Charlie Austin, speaking to Sky, reckons*Southampton*are nigh-on safe. They will only go down if they lose heavily to Man City, Huddersfield take at least one more point, and Swansea thrash Stoke. ““It’ll take a nine-goal swing [actually 10],” says Austin. “It can be done I suppose but … our hard work paid off today. We need nothing less than a win because we knew they have Stoke to come at the weekend. I’ve been relegated before at QPR and it’s a sad, sad feeling. But the gaffer has come in and turned it around, put some belief back into the team. We were down there because we weren’t good enough but the manager has turned it around.”

What an absolute disgrace of complacent complacency I have ever seen in my whole life so I have.

Yup more complacent than a complacent thing Mr Blackadder.

Outrageous. If he ever sets foot in Southampton again I'll chase him up Thomas Lewis Way myself.

Wouldn't take much. He has a distinct lack of pace to go with his terrible arrogance and complacency.

Man City players will have half an eye on the World Cup and won’t want a saints team battling to keep the score down at risk of some wayward tackles causing word cup ending injuries. They will want to win but not convinced they will be chasing all that hard for a romping. Well that’s what I hope anyhow.

Dc_4SFDX4AE5CjP.jpg

Proof that Stoke fans are the worst in English football

No doubt plenty of saints fans would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot (see defectors watch thread). I understand where stoke fans are coming from. It must be ****ing galling to see a manager who ****ed up your club and ultimately contributed to your relegation get a job at a relegation rival club, keep them up, celebrate staying up like he is a life long fan and pick up a million quid bonus to boot...

If it was the Sky interview after the game I cant remember Austin being complacent, and if he was give him a little slack after just walking off from a do or die match which we just narrowly won, euphoria and all that.

What on earth are all the above comments about?!! He has only said what we all think and say. We are all supposed to be together, to start hammering Charlie Austin now is very negative. All he has said is that the 10 goal swing is possible, and it is unless we are very good and very careful.

What on earth are all the above comments about?!! He has only said what we all think and say. We are all supposed to be together, to start hammering Charlie Austin now is very negative. All he has said is that the 10 goal swing is possible, and it is unless we are very good and very careful.

whoosh

I heard it, and have read it, and honestly see nothing wrong. He said we still need to win, 10 goals is possible but unlikely, and he doesn't want to get relegated like when he was out QPR. So? What an over reaction to nothing. In fact he is clearly saying its still possible, but they knew they had to win at Swansea. To me saying that Stoke will lose on purpose is much more detrimental.

I heard it, and have read it, and honestly see nothing wrong. He said we still need to win, 10 goals is possible but unlikely, and he doesn't want to get relegated like when he was out QPR. So? What an over reaction to nothing. In fact he is clearly saying its still possible, but they knew they had to win at Swansea. To me saying that Stoke will lose on purpose is much more detrimental.
You complacent complacency disgusts me. It's people like you that make me wish we'd lose 10-0. Thankfully Pep will be up most of the night plotting how to deliver the annihilation that Charlie Austin has wrought upon us.

Pep on Sunday... :smug:

“On Sunday we want to finish by trying to win the game. With all respect to Swansea, it’s almost impossible that Southampton don’t stay in the Premier League where they deserve to be."

You can only imagine there will be a factor of self preservation from both sets of players. I mean, KdB or Kompany will not want to pull a hammy by busting a gut when they are 2-0 up.

What an idiot. We are playing at home, so it will have to finish Southampton 0 Man City 7.

Such appalling inaccuracy. :)

Also, why is Papa Smurf praying for this set of results?

Dc_4SFDX4AE5CjP.jpg

Proof that Stoke fans are the worst in English football

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Stoke fans have always oozed the type of class we all aspire to, and that this picture demonstrates so graphically. Hats off to them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Stoke fans have always oozed the type of class we all aspire to, and that this picture demonstrates so graphically. Hats off to them.

I genuinely hope that they won't be back.

Our game live on Sky Sports Mix

Here in the US, NBC have decided to show it on the SyFy channel, presumably they're expecting something strange and mystical to occur...

Maybe someone can confirm but if the Saints team are abducted by aliens before the end of the 90 mins, the result would be a 3-0 default victory to Swansea?

Anyone expecting 3 points later today?

In the not too distant past we'd give the likes of Man City a game. I know cash rules these days but is it now deemed that lesser teams are only permitted the occasional draw against the money launderers?

Up and at 'em lads.

Anyone expecting 3 points later today?

In the not too distant past we'd give the likes of Man City a game. I know cash rules these days but is it now deemed that lesser teams are only permitted the occasional draw against the money launderers?

Up and at 'em lads.

Just watched the 4-2 win at St Marys under Koeman. Hat trick to Mane - notable performances from Vic, VVD, Tadic.

should be a good game. Whilst they are capable of putting 4 or 5 past us, I think Swansea will struggle to score more than once. How they must regret essentially throwing the game against Man City and shipping 5 goals in the process

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk