Man City Build Up

Toomer

We will lose today against probably the best team ever to grace the Premiership. The massive question is by how many goals? Prediction 1-4.

Why are people so quick to heap this sort of praise on a team. Anyone would think they have achieved what the great sides of AC Milan or Barca have. Yes they play some great football but let’s not get carried away.

Why are people so quick to heap this sort of praise on a team. Anyone would think they have achieved what the great sides of AC Milan or Barca have. Yes they play some great football but let’s not get carried away.

Because it’s Pep innit.

They will get 100 points and the media will fawn all over pep. They have been brilliant, no disputing that but the teams below Chelsea have been poor-appalling and that never gets taken into account. We will stay up and we have been terrible

Arsenal do not have a single point away from home in 2018 ffs

Why wouldn't they? They've broken points records while playing attractive attacking football. They need to shows they can do it for a few years, but in a single season there hasn't been better. Retaining a title in this league is the toughest thing a side can do though.

Do find it odd when fans moan about their spending. Mainly fans of other big clubs. Watched the big clubs do exactly that for decades now. Utd think they have some moral high ground after the fortunes they've spent? Liverpool bang on about their sales, but the wages and agents fees they've thrown around have been just as insane. If everyone is spending huge money it still takes decent management and tactics to actually build a team from it.

Personally I hope they win it next year too, stops Liverpool getting near it and keeps Mourinho failing at Utd.

Yeah win it a few times and prove you can beat the best in Europe before ‘best ever’ comes out.

Lots of talk about us defending at all costs but remember that for every goal we score Swansea’s task becomes much harder !

Without going ‘gung ho’ I reckon we should concentrate one bagging a couple regardless of how many they might put past us !

Easier said than done, I accept, but it might just be a better approach than sitting deep and letting them come at us !!

COYS

As long as it's still 0-0 after 20 odd minutes I think we'll be alright. If we concede in the first five minutes then I will worry.

Hopefully, Stoke will do the business and we don't have to worry if Man City decide to have a little fun with us in the sun.

‘Met’ a City fan on the train down from London who looked capable of head butting it all the way back from where it came from (he started talking at me just past Winchester). I declined to argue the point when he claimed their recent success had nothing to do with money. He also said it had been a “funny old season” for them. ����

Nothing should be taken for granted. That's all.
I definitely agree with that. I mean, as much as it would take a set of freakish results, I am nervous as hell that it will go tits up. This is Southampton, after all.

I'm sure Sparky will have the team up for it and I'm also certain they know what is at stake.

Personally, I won't be certain we are safe until ours and Swanseas final whistles blow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

‘Met’ a City fan on the train down from London who looked capable of head butting it all the way back from where it came from (he started talking at me just past Winchester). I declined to argue the point when he claimed their recent success had nothing to do with money. He also said it had been a “funny old season” for them. ����

Of course, they’d have won it with a Paul Dickov and Shaun Goater...

Edited by OttawaSaint

Listen. Those who are worried. There was lots of talk on here before Tuesday about “hope Hughes and the players know a draw isn’t enough etc.”. Of course they did. They also know what’s at stake today.

The only way this goes against us is if City smash in 8. Swansea can’t score and if they do win 7-0 do you think the Premier League would do an investigation on Stoke. Swans have score 27 all season, no way they get enough to turn this around. I expect us to lose 3-0 or 3-1 but I think Stoke will win.

If the gap was 5 goals, sure, it’d be a worry but 10 goals, we’re fine!

going for 3-2 Saints with Tadic, Redmond and Chazzzzzza sending Saints off for the Summer....

Will be interesting to see how this eleven will compare to next season's opener...

I reckon 7 of them will make line-up (Alex, Wesley, Jack, Oriol, P-E, Nathan, Chaz)

COYS !!!!