Man City Build Up

Toomer

A 10 goal swing is not going to happen.
For a man that likes to list every possible permutation for certain scenarios, I'm surprised you're ruling out something that's a possibility, no matter how small... Edited by trousers

We've been picked for a live game on 'Sky Sports Mix' - I think that's their free sky sports channel?

Other live games are Liverpool v Brighton and Newcastle v Chelsea.

Poor sky. It all promised so much more for them.

Romeu or Long to fly in to a tackle in the first few minutes, clattering one of the players with eyes on the world cup. That should be enough to keep them out!
But don't get sent off in the first 5 minutes FFS!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The only team to score seven in a game this season are playing a side managed by the man who "organised" the chaotic opposition that day.

Meanwhile, the only team to have conceded seven in a game this season are lining up against a Swansea side needing a big win...

It might seem unlikely that we could go down from this position, but I'm not breathing easy yet.

The somewhat gloaty, "job done" attitude coming out of the club feels premature.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

The only team to score seven in a game this season are playing a side managed by the man who "organised" the chaotic opposition that day.

Meanwhile, the only team to have conceded seven in a game this season are lining up against a Swansea side needing a big win...

It might seem unlikely that we could go down from this position, but I'm not breathing easy yet.

The somewhat gloaty, "job done" attitude coming out of the club feels premature.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

In the unlikely event that City start running up a cricket score against us we will simply instruct five of our players to get sent off and forfeit the game 3-0. That would leave a Swansea side who have scored 27 goals all season needing to win 7-0.

It's over, relax.

Sky Bet at the time I'm writing this are still offering 40/1 for Saints to go down...

https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/20605583

Was 100/1 and then could get 150/1. That was when Huddersfield were in the equation.

Everyone is lumping on as such high odds.

I think you could double up on 40 different permutations (6-0, 4-0 etc.)and get better value. Many of which would be over 10,000/1

Would still be a mugs bet.

I certainly feel there's been a bit too much "job done" message from Saints, behind closed doors I hope Hughes has drummed into them we are not safe yet and any celebrating can wait for Sunday night.

Any result that keeps us up will do, but would be nice to finish the season with a point or a win.

Should imagine we'll try to set up like Huddersfield did and frustrate them.

I certainly feel there's been a bit too much "job done" message from Saints, behind closed doors I hope Hughes has drummed into them we are not safe yet and any celebrating can wait for Sunday night.

Any result that keeps us up will do, but would be nice to finish the season with a point or a win.

Should imagine we'll try to set up like Huddersfield did and frustrate them.

I honestly don't think we could do what they did for two games. Mooy's energy is incredible. The harrying and chasing down for 180 minutes was - if tediious - pretty remarkable. We have too many weak links in that strategy, so should go tight at the start, and then try and play to score, attack being our best form of defence (in the absence of real quality since VVD went). I'd take a 2-0 loss every time, but it would be great to go out with a win or a draw, if only for the extra cash that would bring us and which we could put towards an outstanding, commanding, central defender. Rebuild the spine - keeper's okay, and central midfield not bad with Romeu and Lemina if he stays, but up front we need a proven goalscorer to make sure my heart/stress never gets in this condition at the end of the season ever again...

I know it's crazy to even be thinking about that goal difference swing coming into play, but as someone posted elsewhere ....

Only 1 team has scored 7 goals in an EPL match this season .....and we are playing them!!

Only 1 team has let in 7 goals this season in The EPL ... and they are playing Swansea!!

Only one EPL team manager has seen his team let in 7 goals in The EPL this season .... and he is now in charge of us against the same opposition!!

Weren't we in a similar goal difference situation in L1 promotion season with Huddersfield still snapping at our heels and Southend? or Walsall? went 1 up at SMS early doors but it all ended happily.

There is no doubt that Citeh are capable of banging in 5 or 6, but Swansea scoring more than 2 or 3 ... come on. Butland will be hoping to be on his way to The World Cup so he won't be letting goals in for fun.

Citeh with so many players going to the World Cup aren't going to go for bust if they do get into a 2 or 3 lead. So why have I still got a few butterflies flapping about in my stomach???

Anyway a bit more light hearted .... just seen this summation of our goal from Tuesday night by USA Soccer guy on Twitter

@usasoccerguy

May 8

More

Gabby O’Deeney’s goalshot for the Southside Saints against the Seaswans relegizes the Wes Brown Albinos from the EPL League.

The jaws of the EPL minor leagues are also chomping at the Seaswans’ aqua bird asses like some humongous gator that’s kinda hungry.

Marvellous :lol:

Will there be a pitch invasion do you think after the game?

You'd hope not. TBH it's a bit embarassing that we're in this position and will likely survive on goal difference alone.

If I was going I'd give them a round of applause for getting there in the end and hope a few players and staff go away and have a long hard think over the summer.

Was 150/1 last night before Hudds had played!

Need a good start in our game and then we should be fine, but its not beyond the realms of possibility for City to win 6-0 and Swansea 4-0.

We should be fine, but glad we haven't still got MP who would set us up to avoid anytjing worse than a 0-5 loss. [emoji852]️

We should be aiming to take the game to them for a minimum of a point.

Clearly a little chat before the game to agree their 100 points if they stop after one goal would be a disgraceful and ridiculous idea. [emoji849][emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A 10 goal swing is unlikely, but it's complacent to think that it's impossible, particularly in these circumstances.

We are up against the best team in the land who have scored over 100 goals this season, scoring 5 goals or above on a number of occasions. Swansea are up against the worst team in the league, freshly relegated, making them quite likely to fold if Swansea can get in front early.

When Huddersfield were still in the mix, it felt more comfortable as Swansea would have gone into their game thinking any win may be enough. They now know they have to attack from the start, looking for goals.

So I hope that Hughes has already drummed any thoughts that it is "job done" out of the players, and they are approaching this game in the same 100% committed way they have the last 3 games. I think we need to approach like a normal game, looking to play a strategy to get points, rather than thinking that a 2 or 3 goal defeat is OK, which is likely to lead to an edgy afternoon if Swansea start building a lead in their game!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Everyone is assuming City will play a full strength team, there's every chance a few kids who need appearances to get a medal will be in or around their team. People worried need to realise we're a PL outfit, not a non-league team and that Swansea are Swansea, not Real Madrid.

City average a bit under 3 a game, and Swansea average a bit under 1 a game.

I'm going to put myself out there and say there will not be a 10 goal swing.

But I may have a bet on it happening just in case.

Might as well give the money to some good work or other. The bookies already have enough free gift money.:)

If the Swans don't score in the first 20 minutes they will get progressively more nervous and desperate, and if we score first it might well kill off any slight confidence they start with.

We are playing well at the moment, defending far better than earlier in the season, and we are actually creating chances.

Consider if the positions were reversed and we needed to beat Stoke heavily whilst Swansea were playing City - how confident would you feel ?

Think I'd feel like I do with Saints not but the opposite.

We are almost there, but there is a very small chance it could happen. City are capable of beating any side in the league by 5 or 6 if they turn it on. I'd be more confident that City can beat us 6-0 than Swansea winning 4-0

If I was a Swansea fan, I would expect relegation, but I'd hold out a small bit of hope that something magical can happen.

It's not over, 100%....yet.

Ain't happening for Swansea.

10-goal swing?

Stoke are well capable of conceding five goals.

ManCity will be fielding some hungry young players. They will not be a team feeling end-of-season exhaustion.

The second half will be nail biting whichever way one looks at possibilities.

ManCity will be fielding some hungry young players. They will not be a team feeling end-of-season exhaustion.

Like who then ? Don't see many young players who don't play regularly for City.

Anyway I really don't see the Saints side that have fought back from the brink these last weeks capitulating against City. Think we'll beat them myself.

Edited by Window Cleaner

With an England keeper hoping for a place in the WC squad, against a team who have only scored 2 in their last 8 and who even we managed to keep a clean sheet against 2 days ago? Not a chance.

Just hope Iheanacho doesn't start. He looked some players last season,not heard much from him this season but he's a real talent.

Didn't ever see what people see in him anyway. Leicester got mugged off for a bang average player who's main attributes must derive from some Fantasy Football scenario or other.

He plays for Leicester pal.

I think he knows that. His point must be that some of Citeh's youth products are vastly overated, thus them getting very little game time compared to expensive imports. Are there any City regular first teamers who've come through their academy or whatever ? I see only buy ins.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Are Swansea capable of scoring 5? They've scored 27 goals in 37 games so far, scoring 5 in one game is very out of character! They've only scored 2 in the last 14 hours of football!

How motivated will a World Cup bound Man City player be if he is in for a 50/50 challenge with a Saints player looking to stay up?

Do you think Swansea and Man City will both keep clean sheets?

I think both Southampton and Stoke are likely to score. Stoke may even score more than 1.

So, assuming Saints and Stoke score 2 between them, Man City and Swansea have to score 12.

Not going to happen, not in a month of Sunday kick-offs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44064957

Carvahlal to leave Swansea at the end of the season.

The idea that a team with a dead-man-walking manager is suddenly going to come up with a 5-0 performance is laughable.

Wouldn't surprise me if it goes the other way and Stoke give them a tonking.

Even if they win, can see stoke scoring at least 1. Lambert himself has failed to keep stoke up and will want to sign off this season with the best result he can get.

Stoke players are simply not going to throw the game ffs.