Man City Build Up

Toomer

This game will mark 736 days since we last beat a top 6 side in the league.

Got a funny feeling we will pinch this one*

*cheeky insurance bet placed just in case

COYS

I'm almost inclined to bite just this once given how cheerful I'm feeling this evening :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I won't be at this one as my nipper is playing in his own cup final at the same time. I imagine I'll spend matchday checking for updates on my phone in a relaxed manner ..unless city go three up early :?

Is Yoshida allowed to play this one? 90 minutes of Hoedt and Stephens could well allow city to score 10....

I won't be at this one as my nipper is playing in his own cup final at the same time. I imagine I'll spend matchday checking for updates on my phone in a relaxed manner ..unless city go three up early :?

Is Yoshida allowed to play this one? 90 minutes of Hoedt and Stephens could well allow city to score 10....

I’m pretty sure Yoshida can start.

This game will mark 736 days since we last beat a top 6 side in the league.

Got a funny feeling we will pinch this one*

*cheeky insurance bet placed just in case

COYS

I still think you're wrong because we beat Leicester 3-0 and they had finished 1st the season before... ;)

Incidentally, and on a related note ish, it was revealed today that the Premier League purposely ensures the top six teams avoid each other on the first and final days. However, the TV deal stipulates that there must be at least one fixture where two of the top eight teams face each other (calculated over an average of three seasons, so for this season, the other two teams were us and Leicester. Next season it'll be Leicester and Everton). Anyhow, that rule ensured that both ourselves and Leicester would face one of the bigger teams on the final day (we have Man City, they have Tottenham).

Another thing - I would have hoped that, if we still needed a result, that we would refuse to give Man City a guard of honour (we did something similar at Brighton in league 1 which annoyed them), but, it's probably best that we do give them one and butter them up slightly. Maybe we can put up banners at the Hilton "welcome Man City", make sure they feel nice and welcome down here. The complete opposite to what Swansea did

I’m pretty sure Yoshida can start.

2 yellow cards in a match = 1 match ban so yes Yoshida is available

good stuff Yoshida is probably the best CB we have the club now which speaks volumes about our **** poor recruitment the last two seasons...

Edited by doddisalegend

Another thing - I would have hoped that, if we still needed a result, that we would refuse to give Man City a guard of honour (we did something similar at Brighton in league 1 which annoyed them), but, it's probably best that we do give them one and butter them up slightly. Maybe we can put up banners at the Hilton "welcome Man City", make sure they feel nice and welcome down here. The complete opposite to what Swansea did

Perhaps we could put a really virus in the hotel as well...

Our team have been a bit too welcoming this season...

Surely we can strike a deal, we let them have a 1-0, they get 100 points and we stay up - everyone’s a winner.

Nah we snap into a few tackles with internationals going to the World Cup and see where their priorities lie.

That's for refusing to even play. What if we have 5 players sent off and the game can't continue? (or however many are needed)
I'm liking that idea even more... :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Would love to see us go balls out for the win. Prove to everyone what we can do and that it is no fluke. Please no early City goal jitters. My heart can't take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else starting to get jittery about Sunday despite last night's result and the goal difference cushion? No? Just me then...!

Yes, playing Man City I don't think its a definite done deal. Especially if the players celebrate too hard before hand.

Having said that I was also nervous before our last game against Oldham in league 1 when I think we needed to avoid an 18 goal swing.

Yes, playing Man City I don't think its a definite done deal. Especially if the players celebrate too hard before hand.

Having said that I was also nervous before our last game against Oldham in league 1 when I think we needed to avoid an 18 goal swing.

Their biggest winning goal margin this season is 6 (Watford); they've also won by 5 goals against Liverpool, Palace, Stoke and Swansea. Their average winning margin is 2 goals.

Of course Swansea also have to deliver on their side: they've not scored in the past four games, are the joint lowest scorers in the league and actually concede two goals for ever goal they score, though they did beat West Ham by three goals earlier on in the season.

Freak events do occur -hell clueless Dalek's prediction of 17th might be correct for once; but a 10 goal swing is beyond even that pale.

Edited by shurlock

Hopefully we won't have to worry if Conte and Wenger live up to their words. No Calamity Yoshida please, hope Jan has recovered from his Alex left hook!

My God Austin looks knackered won't last 45

No Calamity Yoshida compared to Cack Stephens and Wesley Shîte? He's probably the best of a sorry bunch.

Do we go for it, or play defensively ???

Tough question

Play defensively, put out a 541 formation. We might lose but we should be able to avoid shipping more than 3.

Assuming lemina is still out and bednarek recovers I'd go

McCarthy

Cedric

Bednarek

Yoshida

Hoedt

Bertrand

Ward prowse

Hojberg

Romeu

Tadic

Long

Subs: forster, McQueen, Stephens, Austin, gabbi, Redmond, pied

In the immortal words of Natalie Imbruglia, I'm torn.

Ordinarilly, a team in our position would/should go ultra defensive for the Man City game. The logic being that even if we lose it ought to be by a narrow margin.

But, this is Saints we're talking about.... It wouldn't surprise me if its something like 0-2 and 2-0 in both games at half time, at which point the nerves will start kicking it, both on and off the field.

So, part of me thinks we should stick to a more offensive line up. Indeed, I'm leaning towards playing the same starting 11 as last night.

But then I come mentally full circle and try to convince myself we should park the bus.

Only a Saints fan would be as nervy as I'm starting to feel about protecting a 9 goal cushion!

Play defensively, put out a 541 formation. We might lose but we should be able to avoid shipping more than 3.

Assuming lemina is still out and bednarek recovers I'd go

McCarthy

Cedric

Bednarek

Yoshida

Hoedt

Bertrand

Ward prowse

Hojberg

Romeu

Tadic

Long

Subs: forster, McQueen, Stephens, Austin, gabbi, Redmond, pied

I’d go same formation. Very nearly got us a point at theirs and that was with Mo plod in charge.

They will rotate. Pep has already said he wants to use all the squad over the last 3 games. They were already on the beach at Huddersfield. A few sharp tackles early doors with the World Cup around the corner will have them rethinking the 50/50's.

This a few swift kicks early on and any of the world cup players will coast through the rest of the game.

In the immortal words of Natalie Imbruglia, I'm torn.

Ordinarilly, a team in our position would/should go ultra defensive for the Man City game. The logic being that even if we lose it ought to be by a narrow margin.

But, this is Saints we're talking about.... It wouldn't surprise me if its something like 0-2 and 2-0 in both games at half time, at which point the nerves will start kicking it, both on and off the field.

So, part of me thinks we should stick to a more offensive line up. Indeed, I'm leaning towards playing the same starting 11 as last night.

But then I come mentally full circle and try to convince myself we should park the bus.

Only a Saints fan would be as nervy as I'm starting to feel about protecting a 9 goal cushion!

Never change a winning team, in principle.