Alex McCarthy

ivangolac

He is the best keeper we have had in a long, long time. Infinitely better than Forster, yet wouldn't command anywhere near the transfer fee. Comes OFF HIS LINE(!!) to claim/punch & take pressure off our (woefully inadequate) defence. Hugely underrated in the Premier League. Think most wanted him in the team about 12 months earlier than he got there but he has been superb since he's come into the team.

He looked pretty fantastic when he first appeared with Reading a few years ago, people were talking about him as the next big England prospect, he had some amazing games and then he seemed to just go completely off the ball and into the wilderness, looks like he's finally found his form and is maybe fulfilling that early promise.

I was very excited when we signed him as I'd seen the promise he had at Reading so glad he's finally showing his potential, and he's only 28 so still his best years ahead of him (I think Niemi was 30 when we signed him) so who knows, he might end up on the banner above in a few seasons.

Liverpool, just **** off!!!! Do you hear me? **** off. **** OFF. Go buy your players from another club and leave us the **** alone. I will honestly despair if we sell yet another one of our players to those victims. ****ing livid

Saw him be rubbish for QPR. Saw him be really rubbish for our reserves. But maybe it's motivation at that level.

He's been excellent and deserves to be no 1 next season. Forster isn't as bad as some make out, he's just too slow, but he needs a move. So we'll need a new no2. Hopefully someone experienced.

Wrong. he is a terrible, terrible keeper. In fact, I use the word 'keeper' very very loosely

He only has one year left on his contract so in a strong poaition but will want to be a no1 somewhere you would imagine.

Hopefully signs a new deal with us.

Which he wouldn't be at Liverpool, and Arsenal are strongly linked with a GK from Germany.

As good as McCarthy has been I can't see him being a first choice at either.

Liverpool know the routine deposit 120 large shipping containers full of used £5 notes at Southampton docks (£40million)

I think there would be plenty of room in 1 container for £40m in fivers. In fact I think you would get £250,000 in a large suitcase, so a million in 4, and therefore 40 million in 160. The average volume of a suitcase is about 0.37 cubic metres, and a standard 40' ISO container about 252 cubic metres. So you could actually get about 681 suitcases, or about 172 million quid in fivers.

I think there would be plenty of room in 1 container for £40m in fivers. In fact I think you would get £250,000 in a large suitcase, so a million in 4, and therefore 40 million in 160. The average volume of a suitcase is about 0.37 cubic metres, and a standard 40' ISO container about 252 cubic metres. So you could actually get about 681 suitcases, or about 172 million quid in fivers.

Nope I think the 120 containers of used Fivers would be about right, coming from Liverpool there are bound to be a few dodgy ones in there, probably a few containers bulked up with bricks and hub caps too :p :D