Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

I actually saw Dost play for Sporting against Braga at easter. They lost and he looked terrible.

Not sure this season will show Sporting players at their best. Their Club President tweeted after they got beaten by Athletico Madrid in the Europa League that he was going to sack 19 members of the first team squad! They do appear to be a basket case of a club at the moment. Anyway, surely he could replace Carrillo?

He's certainly one dimensional, and Villa sought to nullify him by sticking 2 or 3 players on him. Add to that the Villa defenders are quite an experienced bunch. Perhaps Boro should have tried to exploit gaps elsewhere on the field, but they didn't, kept trying the same tactics.

By all accounts Pulis has transformed Traore since his arrival. He's not garbage any more, but perhaps still not a Premier League level player. The thing is, although he is one dimensional, that weapon he has - his pace - is ridiculous. He makes Shane Long look like JWP (Ok maybe that's going too far). As we know from Shane, bucketloads of speed isn't great on its own, but it can be useful at times, and if you manage to put some football ability into the mix as well, it's lethal.

Antonio had that as a lethal weapon when he joined on loan - and was very raw in other aspects but now an established PL player. I think he is at least worthy of consideration and gives the squad something it doesn't have. If he was a more refined player at this stage of his development, we couldn't afford him.

I'm surprised people still mention him. He's a rubbish football player.

He doesn't have anything other than being able to run fast, that hasn't changed and probably won't change. That's why he's in the NPC.

Plays for Spain under 21s so must be rubbish...

Apparently Shaqiri has a £12mil release clause, a bargain fee by current markets.

HCDAJFU or most teams in the league though to be fair and will likely have a range of suitors.

I’m not sure he’ll want to come here... he recently expressed an interest in transferring to a team with European football...

“It will be all the better if this club is playing in Europe. It is any footballer's great aim to play in the Champions League.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6313370/xherdan-shaqiri-reveals-champions-league-wish-to-open-door-to-12m-tottenham-switch/

I’m not sure he’ll want to come here... he recently expressed an interest in transferring to a team with European football...

“It will be all the better if this club is playing in Europe. It is any footballer's great aim to play in the Champions League.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6313370/xherdan-shaqiri-reveals-champions-league-wish-to-open-door-to-12m-tottenham-switch/

Probably not but then I suppose what his options are and a possible Hughes link up could be a pro or con, fully expect he may have better offers though both here and across continent.

Ben Gibson would be a good option, there aren't many decent centre backs around, and he was one of the bright sparks in a rather uninspiring Middlesbrough team when they were in the Premier League.

We need a vocal organizer who is dominant aerially, if that’s Gibson great, otherwise avoid.

Jeez!! Has Rupert Lowe returned along with his Secure Retirement Old Folks Homes!!!.............fЦ*ж me it’s like being back at The Dell without a pot to piddle in hoovering up twilight players for bobbins!!

Johnny Evans and Joe Hart??!!!

If the Black Box spits them 2 out, it would be time to unplug it, stick it on a boat and dump it out in the English Channel under the cover of darkness so no bugger can find it.

Edited by John Boy Saint

Jeez!! Has Rupert Lowe returned along with his Secure Retirement Old Folks Homes!!!.............fЦ*ж me it’s like being back at The Dell without a pot to piddle in hoovering up twilight players for bobbins!!

If the Black Box spits them 2 out, it would be time to unplug it, stick it on a boat and dump it out in the English Channel under the cover of darkness so no bugger can find it.

Perhaps Uncle Les really is up to his old tricks and AM is off to Liverpool with Hart coming in as his replacement? Personally, I have never like Joe Hart, always thought he was a bit arrogant for the talent he actually has. I would prefer AM as our No.1, and a wheelie bin as No. 2 instead of FF.

Its been proven that the black box is a myth-Carillo?

So if Ralph is to believed we can only buy if we sell first which is a bit of problem. It looks like our most sellable assets are Bertrand and Cedric but if we sell them most of that money is going to be needed to replace them (unless the club are going to pull another masterstroke of not replacing a player they've just sold with a suitable replacement ala Fonte and Pelle). It seems to me, despite the glaringly obvious issues in the squad, we are probably going to have a quiet summer I can't see us spending big.

So if Ralph is to believed we can only buy if we sell first which is a bit of problem. It looks like our most sellable assets are Bertrand and Cedric but if we sell them most of that money is going to be needed to replace them (unless the club are going to pull another masterstroke of not replacing a player they've just sold with a suitable replacement ala Fonte and Pelle). It seems to me, despite the glaringly obvious issues in the squad, we are probably going to have a quiet summer I can't see us spending big.

Why replace them when we have Targett/Mcqueen and Stephens/Reed ? :lol:

If we got £60m from Virgil, after Celtic's cut, and spent £19m on Carrillo, you'd have to start asking questions if there was no money available.

I'd take Evans especially for 3m. Need a leader at the back and has vast experience while not being over the hill. Nearly went to Arsenal last season for 20m.

Agree. Evans and Gibson for a combined c£25m would be a good bit of business.

Its been proven that the black box is a myth-Carillo?

But every manager since Pardew left has been allowed a random outside “the box” player, Adkins had Johnno Quick, Pochettino had Captain Jack Sparrow - fruit loop Osvaldo, Koeman had his love child Little Jordi Clasie (that was a sentimental one on Ronald’s part after Jordi was shown crying his eyes out when RK left Feyenoord). Puel - Hmmmmm not sure maybe his random was as subtle as him. And Pellegrino was allowed the inert reflection of his time with us, because the board hadn’t twigged we were ambling into the mire until the ball was rolling with Monaco in January.

But every manager since Pardew left has been allowed a random outside “the box” player, Adkins had Johnno Quick, Pochettino had Captain Jack Sparrow - fruit loop Osvaldo, Koeman had his love child Little Jordi Clasie (that was a sentimental one on Ronald’s part after Jordi was shown crying his eyes out when RK left Feyenoord). Puel - Hmmmmm not sure maybe his random was as subtle as him. And Pellegrino was allowed the inert reflection of his time with us, because the board hadn’t twigged we were ambling into the mire until the ball was rolling with Monaco in January.

Puel = Pied

Along with the TV money

Don't know how accurate these things are but this claims our wage bill is £92m

https://sillyseason.com/list/salaries/premier-league-wages-per-team-69064/

and this reckons we made 107 million in TV revenue this season

DdZbGfIWAAAJzdj.jpg:large

if that is reasonably accurate that leaves about 15 million of TV revenue unaccounted for even if the club has no other costs that isn't a lot to spend on players.

Don't know how accurate these things are but this claims our wage bill is £92m

https://sillyseason.com/list/salaries/premier-league-wages-per-team-69064/

and this reckons we made 107 million in TV revenue this season

DdZbGfIWAAAJzdj.jpg:large

if that is reasonably accurate that leaves about 15 million of TV revenue unaccounted for even if the club has no other costs that isn't a lot to spend on players.

What about the rest of the vvd money? Not forgetting the cash we will make selling Bertrand and maybe soares. Should leave us with about £80-100 million to spend if we wanted to.

What about the rest of the vvd money? Not forgetting the cash we will make selling Bertrand and maybe soares. Should leave us with about £80-100 million to spend if we wanted to.

by selling players....if those figures are accurate (and they might not be tis the net after all) looks like Ralphie might not be such a lying ***** after all. Thanks to our wage bill we won't be funding many player purchases out of the TV money.

Perhaps Uncle Les really is up to his old tricks and AM is off to Liverpool with Hart coming in as his replacement? Personally, I have never like Joe Hart, always thought he was a bit arrogant for the talent he actually has. I would prefer AM as our No.1, and a wheelie bin as No. 2 instead of FF.

Problem is going rate for Wheelie bins in today's market is £10M+, although his brother Garbage is available for half that - but we already have one of those in FF :-)

by selling players....if those figures are accurate (and they might not be tis the net after all) looks like Ralphie might not be such a lying ***** after all. Thanks to our wage bill we won't be funding many player purchases out of the TV money.
I assume we have ticket money too? And commercial revenue?

Not sure how accurate that can be, almost every team's wage bills jump by about 25-50% in some cases like us, crystal Palace, Stoke, west brom, west ham, swansea, all seem to jump from about 50 - 60 million to £90 million the next year,

Think we will run with McQueen/Targett for a year and if it doesn’t work go for Tierney.

More likely to invest in CB and RB this year I think.

I hope not, neither of them are good enough to start in the Premier League.