Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

So, Gibson in, after Maddison miss. Could be new strategy to go for young Championship players with potential. Maybe to offset all the journeymen mercenaries like Boufal. Hope so. Feels more Hughes' style.

19:04

Adrian Kajumba

Southampton line up Haidara raid

Southampton are lining up a move for Red Bull Salzburg’s hot prospect Amadou Haidara.

Mark Hughes suffered one transfer blow this week when Norwich playmaker James Maddison opted for Leicester over a move to St Mary’s.

But the new Saints boss has other midfielders in his sights including Haidara, the 20 year-old Malian who is valued at around £15m and was one of Salzburg’s standout stars last season.

He made 46 appearances in his breakthrough season to help them win the Austrian league and reach the Europa League semi-finals.

Haidara is primarily a central midfielder but has also been deployed out wide.

Salzburg have an impressive track record of helping develop youngsters and Haidara is one of the next off the conveyor belt.

Liverpool-bound midfielder Naby Keita and Anfield forward Sadio Mane have both had spells at Salzburg before going onto bigger things.

Haidara has been identified by Salzburg’s sister club Red Bull Leipzig as a potential replacement for Keita, who joins Liverpool this summer, and has also been watched by Tottenham.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-liverpool-arsenal-12702686

19:04

Adrian Kajumba

Southampton line up Haidara raid

Southampton are lining up a move for Red Bull Salzburg’s hot prospect Amadou Haidara.

Mark Hughes suffered one transfer blow this week when Norwich playmaker James Maddison opted for Leicester over a move to St Mary’s.

But the new Saints boss has other midfielders in his sights including Haidara, the 20 year-old Malian who is valued at around £15m and was one of Salzburg’s standout stars last season.

He made 46 appearances in his breakthrough season to help them win the Austrian league and reach the Europa League semi-finals.

Haidara is primarily a central midfielder but has also been deployed out wide.

Salzburg have an impressive track record of helping develop youngsters and Haidara is one of the next off the conveyor belt.

Liverpool-bound midfielder Naby Keita and Anfield forward Sadio Mane have both had spells at Salzburg before going onto bigger things.

Haidara has been identified by Salzburg’s sister club Red Bull Leipzig as a potential replacement for Keita, who joins Liverpool this summer, and has also been watched by Tottenham.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-liverpool-arsenal-12702686

Hmmm, this guy, Maddison, Gibson, Limbombe... maybe we're actually reverting back to the 'best players at lesser clubs' for targets rather than 'bench warmers at big clubs'. Which would be a positive.

Obviously have to actually sign some of them first mind you, which I won't be holding my breath about.

Haidara just signed a new contract with Salzburg.

Didn't stop Judas going to Liverpool. Not saying we are signing him but football contracts are hardly worth the paper they are written on if the money is right. It normally gives the parent club more negotiating power though.

So, Gibson in, after Maddison miss. Could be new strategy to go for young Championship players with potential.

Gibson is 25 years old, I wouldn't really class that as particularly young for a footballer. He has had 7 years of first team football.

Maybe to offset all the journeymen mercenaries like Boufal. Hope so. Feels more Hughes' style.

I don't see how Boufal qualifies as a journeyman mercenary. Saints are only his 3rd team and they are his 1st team outside the country of his birth.

Why? Under Mike Ashley they are hardly big spenders. Their record transfer is still below ours and their wage budget is likely to be as well.

Not easy to determine who has the financial muscle this summer. If you have spent less in the past maybe you have more freedom to spend in the future.

For information, their wage bill was £112.5m in the 2016/17 season. By far and away the biggest Championship wage bill ever. Ours was £112.5m that season too, in the Premiership. They sold players having been relegated, but also spent a wedge on players to get them back in the top flight, especially in terms of wages. Ashley made a huge financial gamble and it paid off.

He then spent a further £35m on transfer fees having secured promotion and i have little doubt the wage bill grew considerably. I was told one player doubled his £50k a week salary on promotion. They of course finished 10th and as a result brought in a extra £16m in TV prize money than us last season. Whether that matches the available VVD profit in terms spare cash I am not sure, but they may well be able to more than compete if we cant offload unwanted high earners.

Edited by Chez

Not easy to determine who has the financial muscle this summer. If you have spent less in the past maybe you have more freedom to spend in the future.

For information, their wage bill was £112.5m in the 2016/17 season. By far and away the biggest Championship wage bill ever. Ours was £112.5m that season too, in the Premiership. They sold players having been relegated, but also spent a wedge on players to get them back in the top flight, especially in terms of wages. Ashley made a huge financial gamble and it paid off.

He then spent a further £35m on transfer fees having secured promotion and i have little doubt the wage bill grew considerably. I was told one player doubled his £50k a week salary on promotion. They of course finished 10th and as a result brought in a extra £16m in TV prize money than us last season. Whether that matches the available VVD profit in terms spare cash I am not sure, but they may well be able to more than compete if we cant offload unwanted high earners.

I doubt Benitez stayed on for a year in the champ for shirt buttons and rolling baccy

I wouldn't want a Bournemouth reject in our squad. Should either go to the Championship or abroad, he's just not cut out for top flight English football.

Hahahaha you’re clueless buddy.

Providing his wages are reasonable, every club outside the top 7 would take him.

He was dramatically improve us and would be a great signing.

Jahanbakhsh scored a lot of goals from RW, will be keeping a closer eye on him tomorrow against Spain! Don't get the other guy though, what's this obsession around us seemingly looking for another CM?

Linetty is an AMC type, not what I'd call a pure central midfielder. That's what we're seemingly looking for, maybe two attacking types. An obvious replacement for Boufal, and some directness and pace on the wings. (one can hope)

Jahanbakhsh scored a lot of goals from RW, will be keeping a closer eye on him tomorrow against Spain! Don't get the other guy though, what's this obsession around us seemingly looking for another CM?

I’d say both Simon and Jah I can understand to an extent, both creative players and would offer alternatives, certainly Simon with his pace.

I think Linetty is a bit of a jack of all trades, though he is referred to as the ‘polish iniesta’. :lol: I had Linetty down as a DM though, maybe not. Off to watch a sh1t ton of YouTube vids now

Linetty is an AMC type, not what I'd call a pure central midfielder. That's what we're seemingly looking for, maybe two attacking types. An obvious replacement for Boufal, and some directness and pace on the wings. (one can hope)

I’m seeing that now in Linetty, now I’m about a minute into my first vid :lol: