Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Carillo will be nowhere near the wages VVD was on. He improved his contract after a really successful year. Carillo was a punt. The wages we’ve saved by selling proven premier league quality like Wanyama, Fonte, Schneiderlin, VVD, Mane would have been greater than those spent on Hoijberg, Redmond, Carrillo.

Gabbiadini and Lemina are probably on a fair amount of money. Hoedt possibly.

I just don’t think we’ve spent as much on wages for new signings as those expensive players we’ve lost over the last few years. FF’s ridiculous wage is one we need to shift.

Carillo will be nowhere near the wages VVD was on. He improved his contract after a really successful year. Carillo was a punt. The wages we’ve saved by selling proven premier league quality like Wanyama, Fonte, Schneiderlin, VVD, Mane would have been greater than those spent on Hoijberg, Redmond, Carrillo.

Gabbiadini and Lemina are probably on a fair amount of money. Hoedt possibly.

I just don’t think we’ve spent as much on wages for new signings as those expensive players we’ve lost over the last few years. FF’s ridiculous wage is one we need to shift.

However the official accounts seem to say otherwise.

"despite player remuneration growing by 29 per cent (£67.2m in 2016, to £86.6m in 2017)".

"despite player remuneration growing by 29 per cent (£67.2m in 2016, to £86.6m in 2017)".

One of the big problems is, that when the accounts are released, they're always so outdated, it's difficult to gauge the current state...!

Good signings, certainly worth a go at those prices. Securing young talent from the Championship should be amongst our priorities I reckon.

Davis is 6' 3" as well. So would add some height and power up front.

One of the big problems is, that when the accounts are released, they're always so outdated, it's difficult to gauge the current state...!

True but who has left since 30 June 2017 who'd make a lot of difference. VvD of course, Fonte half way through the 16/17 season, JRod and a few fringe players. Hoedt in, Lemina would probably be in the region of the Fonte saving, Carrillo although he's supposed to be on not a lot. Maybe a couple of million saved but still a player wage bill over 80 million or so. Then we've had to pay off Puel and no doubt Pellegrino to boot.

I think thisnis going to be a very difficult window for the smaller PL clubs to sign quality players as the fees are getting ridiculous and even unproven types are getting way out of the price range of teams like Saints.

Have low expectations of what we will do, but at least we will be better managed.

Hard to see us challenging for 7th- 10th though unless we did a fair bit of good business to match the likes of Everton, Leicester, and possibly West Ham.

I'd take 13th or higher and comfortably clear of relegation. We need a season of rebuilding.

I think thisnis going to be a very difficult window for the smaller PL clubs to sign quality players as the fees are getting ridiculous and even unproven types are getting way out of the price range of teams like Saints.

Have low expectations of what we will do, but at least we will be better managed.

Hard to see us challenging for 7th- 10th though unless we did a fair bit of good business to match the likes of Everton, Leicester, and possibly West Ham.

Why do yo say that as i couldn't read it... ?

Never heard of him. Must be true.

The problem we have like in 2005 is we’re paying a hell of a lot of money to players either not good enough or not delivering

Stephens is supposed to be on £48k a week i know he’s over rated on here but no way should be in our best starting 11

Target 2nd choice left back also meant to be on £48k a week

Long - c£60k how much does that work out per goal?

Austin £70k a week and only fit for half a season

Boufal, Carrillo, Forster, all probably +£50k a week and not starters

You’ve got the best part of £500k a week in wages there for players who either aren’t starting regularly or shouldn’t be.

For those unable to use google translate....

Karlo Bartolec rested in Zagreb after the second season in Danish Nordsjaelland. Nordsjaelland took third place and secured Euroleague qualifier, Bartolec was the standard player in the team, and after polusezone Dinamo wanted him to the right, but 2.5m euros was too much compensation he had to pay to the Danish club. I met Bartolce at one of Zagreb's cafes, he approached me kindly to greet me, so I was caught up in Denmark. What is their league?

- I've been well in Denmark, the league is stronger than ours and much more professional. I play the right bend, and the more often and the right wing, depending on the formation. We took third place and won a performance in Europe, which is very important to me.

Did you say that you will return to Croatia in Dinamo?

- There were some contacts in the winter break, my club sought a $ 2.5 million reward that was not acceptable to Dinamo, and at the same time the manager had a bid from French Nantes so we agreed to stay until the end of the season.

Has it paid off?

- It is good that I have stayed, the club has won for Europe, and Southampton has expressed a very serious interest.

Who represents you in negotiations?

- The club manager was very busy with Nantes talk, and now Marko Naletilić has taken over.

Has anybody contacted you from HNS for the national team since you left, yet you were a representative of the youth team and did you expect to call Dalić's menu?

- No one contacted me, I think they're more closely following the league.

Why can the team hope in Russia?

- We can go far if we're lucky, we have a good team.

Karlo Bartolec rested in Zagreb after the second season in Danish Nordsjaelland. Nordsjaelland took third place and secured Euroleague qualifier, Bartolec was the standard player in the team, and after polusezone Dinamo wanted him to the right, but 2.5m euros was too much compensation he had to pay to the Danish club. I met Bartolce at one of Zagreb's cafes, he approached me kindly to greet me, so I was caught up in Denmark. What is their league?

- I've been well in Denmark, the league is stronger than ours and much more professional. I play the right bend, and the more often and the right wing, depending on the formation. We took third place and won a performance in Europe, which is very important to me.

- There were some contacts in the winter break, my club sought a $ 2.5 million reward that was not acceptable to Dinamo, and at the same time the manager had a bid from French Nantes so we agreed to stay until the end of the season.

Has it paid off?

- It is good that I have stayed, the club has won for Europe, and Southampton has expressed a very serious interest.

- The club manager was very busy with Nantes talk, and now Marko Naletilić has taken over.

Has anybody contacted you from HNS for the national team since you left, yet you were a representative of the youth team and did you expect to call Dalić's menu?

Cheers

Has it paid off?

Sounds like a Les special.

So now having read the translation, how do you determine "it sounds like our style" serious question

I thought word on the street was Les has been frozen out and Hughes and Ralph are running the show now..

Maybe ralph is scouting all those markets that play ice hockey :rolleyes:

I suspect les and wee ross are still heavily involved.

Been linked to Mateus Uribe who (after a quick google...) is a 27 year old Colombian international who plays for Club America in the Liga MX. He's in Colombia's squad for the World Cup

https://colombia.as.com/colombia/2018/06/07/futbol/1528325548_306693.html

Player profile here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mateus-uribe/profil/spieler/214538

Edited by GGalpin

Alcacer coming in and gabba going to lazio would be good business , alcacer is a perfect fit for us scores goals and makes as many

spent a lot of time reading barca fans opinion of him last night, they thought he was pretty much just a poacher with not a lot else to his game (obviously they are spoilt but)

very up and down opinions, everytime he scored opinion changed etc, but if he is just a poacher finisher that doesnt bring a lot else to his game wouldnt we be better sticking with gabbi who still has great potential anyway if we can find the right way to play to his strengths?

Been linked to Mateus Uribe who (after a quick google...) is a 27 year old Colombian international who plays for Club America in the Liga MX. He's in Colombia's squad for the World Cup

https://colombia.as.com/colombia/2018/06/07/futbol/1528325548_306693.html

Player profile here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mateus-uribe/profil/spieler/214538

Interesting because I didn't think we scouted outside of Europe.

How many have we had??

Delgado, Ramirez, Careces, Guly...Osvaldo if we say he's more Argentine than Italian.

I'm not ready to write off the continent. Careces did a job when needed and Guly was a brilliant signing. Still one of my favourites of the promotion era.

Not sure you can say Carceces did a job, he played 1 game away at a relegated Boro! Guly had technically come from Italy, so we didn't grab him from South America - he'd already settled in Europe.

At the end of the day, the risk of a dud is far greater when you buy from that area - it's not just us who have noticed either. The most natural step for talented South American's is via a league such as Portugal’s, not as demanding, they can acclimatise in a different culture for a couple of years and then they'll get sniffed by the bigger clubs.

Getting an unknown south American to do a job for us is a very high risk, hence why I thought it was sensible we didn't bother shopping over there. Even Liverpool tried it with a guy called Allen, Chelsea with Nathan and Kenedy, Utd with Fabio and Rafiana

Guly had technically come from Italy, so we didn't grab him from South America - he'd already settled in Europe.

Same goes for Caceres, Ramirez and Osvaldo though. Likewise the whole ‘can’t sign players from Holland’ thing that’s always trotted out tends to come from the likes of Alfonso Alves. Van Nistelrooy, RVP, Eriksen, Suarez, Vertonghen, Pelle have all been fantastic from that league. There’s no proven method, but actually our signings from Italy as a whole have been dreadful (Lemina and Hoedt haven’t particularly helped) so maybe that’s where we should stay away from, rather than South Americans.

How many have we had??

Delgado, Ramirez, Careces, Guly...Osvaldo if we say he's more Argentine than Italian.

I'm not ready to write off the continent. Careces did a job when needed and Guly was a brilliant signing. Still one of my favourites of the promotion era.

You forgot Carillo, also the Torpedo guy, he was great, then there was Guly's mate(sorry their names elude me) The ones that came to us via Europe have been better generally.

who was that player Arry said was the 'icing on the cake'....Marcelo Tejera or something.....never played did he?

Marcelo Tejera, that was a dodgy agents deal if there ever was one. Came on loan from a South American club.

then we had Sarmiento, who also came on loan from a South American club and never played. I think he was actually Tejera's replacement.

Same goes for Caceres, Ramirez and Osvaldo though. Likewise the whole ‘can’t sign players from Holland’ thing that’s always trotted out tends to come from the likes of Alfonso Alves. Van Nistelrooy, RVP, Eriksen, Suarez, Vertonghen, Pelle have all been fantastic from that league. There’s no proven method, but actually our signings from Italy as a whole have been dreadful (Lemina and Hoedt haven’t particularly helped) so maybe that’s where we should stay away from, rather than South Americans.
Maybe there's something in the fact that Italy is so slow paced. How many times have we had "clearly has talent but doesn't work hard enough or use it enough" with the players you mention.

Perhaps players get lazy after coasting through games at 50% for a few years and don't want to adapt to a harder, more intense playstyle.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

this place, tui and not 606 are flat as a pancake right now. Doesn't anybody care about what is going on at the club anymore?

The excitement has been completely squeezed out of SFC. Miserable and zero football ambition c*^€s running us and our transfer policy is about as exciting as one of Trousers forum posts!!

As someone else said on another thread... We should be all over Fabian Schar.

We'll probably mean he'll be linked, it'll never get over the line and Brighton will sign him for 4m and he'll end up in the team of the season next year.

Marcelo Tejera, that was a dodgy agents deal if there ever was one. Came on loan from a South American club.

then we had Sarmiento, who also came on loan from a South American club and never played. I think he was actually Tejera's replacement.

Sorry to MLG you but Sarmiento played at least one game - I saw in the cup away at Torquay. Have a feeling he also got a run out in the League Cup as well.

As someone else said on another thread... We should be all over Fabian Schar.

We'll probably mean he'll be linked, it'll never get over the line and Brighton will sign him for 4m and he'll end up in the team of the season next year.

You want a centre back who at one point was dropped by a team that conceded 76 goals last season? Why?

Personally I think our failure to properly replace Wanyama is a bigger issue than the CBs. Romeu might lock better on the ball but doesn't give the defense anything like the sort of protection Vic did, which would also make us play more defensively to compensate if the West Ham defeat is anything to go by.

McCarthy/Bednarek/Hoedt/New Vic seems like an adequate defensive spine.

Does it?

Assuming Bednarek keeps progressing at the same rate and Hoedt returns to his Lazio form, then yes. At least more so than adding a new CB and still having inadequate protection from midfield. And certainly far better than adding Schär who wouldn't improve us in any way.