Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Hmmmm..we won't pay Maddison more than Leicester will, yet we are going to pay Wiltshire the 130k a week Arsenal won't pay him and that others will? Not a hope in hell... (Even If we were going to spend that sort of money on wages I can think of 100 players who would be better value than Wiltshire!)

Wilshere on £130k a week and no transfer fee works (due to end of contract) works out to be significantly cheaper than Maddison on £70k per week and a £25m transfer fee.

wiltshire-overview-300.pngskysports-jack-wilshere-exclusive-interview_4203053.jpg?20180111123940

But this would probably happen a lot...

article-2488130-19541E21000005DC-144_634x388.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God

To be honest I'd get rid of Austin to. I like Austin bit of a lad can't argue with his goals to game ratio but good players who don't play enough through Injury are no good to a club our size. That's why the likes of Wilshere, talented though he might be, is a no for me constantly injured talent isn't going to help us.

Edited by doddisalegend

I'd rather we sign Loftus-Cheek.
I would love that but think after this WC he wille be in the £35m+ bracket which rules us out. We need to get these sorts of players before their breakout moments.

Re Wilshere: are we are good enough team to miss the chance of signing Jack Wilshere on a free transfer if he was interested?

Ideal Steven Davis replacement in many ways.

I would love that but think after this WC he wille be in the £35m+ bracket which rules us out. We need to get these sorts of players before their breakout moments.

Re Wilshere: are we are good enough team to miss the chance of signing Jack Wilshere on a free transfer if he was interested?

Ideal Steven Davis replacement in many ways.

Agreed. I kept banging on about Loftus-Cheek & Chalobah last summer.

Chelsea are always a good club to look at for signings as they have so much talent stock-piled.

Agreed. I kept banging on about Loftus-Cheek & Chalobah last summer.

Chelsea are always a good club to look at for signings as they have so much talent stock-piled.

Agree, and not sure Wilshere is a good option for us/anyone. High wages which have to be paid all the time for someone only available half the time. He didn't impress at Bournemouth really. Anyway, he will have suitors of higher rank than us.

Edited by the saint in winchester

Agree, and not sure Wilshere is a good option for us/anyone. High wages which have to be paid for someone only available half the time. He didn't impress at Bournemouth really. Anyway, he will have suitors of higher rank than us.

Agree he may well do, but will he actually play. Does he want to play or does he just want the pay. If he does manage to get to one of the bigger teams could well end up like Ross Barkley, up and coming England midfielder who errrr doesn't actually play football anymore. At the wages that people have mentioned on here (if true) I wouldn't want him, the knock on effect could have a major detrimental effect on a club like ours.

If it's the same player I've read about, isn't he the next big hope in Belgium football? Could be good from what I've read.

Also, didn't we setup some sort of relationship with Club Bruuge when Jordy went there on loan? hence why this deal could be a real possibility for us??

If it's the same player I've read about, isn't he the next big hope in Belgium football? Could be good from what I've read.

Also, didn't we setup some sort of relationship with Club Bruuge when Jordy went there on loan? hence why this deal could be a real possibility for us??

Arent Newcastle interested? I doubt we'd beat them in any competition for his signature.

Arent Newcastle interested? I doubt we'd beat them in any competition for his signature.

Why? Under Mike Ashley they are hardly big spenders. Their record transfer is still below ours and their wage budget is likely to be as well.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just think if exactly the same money is on the table, they are seen as a bigger draw.

The only thing they've got which trumps us is larger crowds, which players rarely seem to care about. On the flip side we're much closer to London, which has much better flight connections to Belgium and seems to be a factor in a few transfers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-rangers-celtic-12740277

Southampton are reportedly ready to firm up their interest in Stuart Armstrong.

Record Sport revealed last week Celtic won’t stand in the midfielder’s way with just a year left on his current deal.

Player and club were locked in a six-month stand-off last summer before Armstrong eventually penned a two-year deal.

But 12 months later Celtic once again face losing the 26-year-old for free next summer and the Daily Star report Saints are set to swoop in with a bid.

The south coast club missed out on former Aberdeen loan star James Maddison as he prepares to join Leicester and boss Mark Hughes could now turn his attention to the Scotland star.

He could cost the Premier League side around £6million.

According to this Fulham are in the hunt for a new left back as we want to keep Targett...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/19/do-report-fulham-target-ludwig-augustinsson-as-southampton-make/

I was wondering the other day, if Hughes wants to stick with three at the back, whether we will treat Bertrand as a CB and allow Targett and McQueen to compete for LWB. Also allows us to save money on a CB.

Although I think we are trying to sign a CB, so probably not.

Actually, I've heard from two unconnected places, one agents and one broadcasting, that it's done regarding Gibson.

Hope so, sort of signing we really need.

Yeah. Hasn't been much news about anyone else being in for him. I think we'll be due a Telegraph update article once Maddison is confirmed at Leicester.

(Hopefully a realistic article).

The problem with the next big signing is obvious........2 seasons ond off find another,right? its about time to make contracts bind and penalise for early release.