Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Are these the stats of a mediocre player:

2010/11 - Championship - 44 games - 105 goals in 3775 minutes (plus 60 assists)

2011/12 - Premier League - 32 games - 45 goals in 2183 minutes

2012/13 - Premier League - 34 games - 45 goals in 2157 minutes

2103/14 - Premier League - 30 games - 35 goals in 2241 minutes

2014/15 - Premier League - 32 games - 25 goals in 1538 minutes

2015/16 - Premier League - 28 games - 50 goals in 2111 minutes

2016/17 - Premier League - 32 games - 15 goals in 1347 minutes

2017/18 - Premier League - 30 games - 10 goals in 1577 minutes

?

What am I looking at here?

Ings scored 105 goals in 44 games in 2010/11?

?

Whaaat? He's scored 330 goals in 262 games? Sign him up!

LeG mentioned similar.

You've also mentioned about Forster to Chelsea & Shane Long leaving. Any news on either of those?

All gone quiet on Forster and Long, I'll see if I can find anymore info on them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I really doubt that he would. His problem is his finishing which for a striker is quite important. Ings has aleays looked better but not convinced either are what we need. I want to see a couple to compliment Gabbi and Austin. Get rd of Long.
Id get rid of CA. He is so slow now, it seems to me he is worried that his hamstring is likely to go everytime he goes on a sprint/jog

?

Nolan's post clearly said last season.

Anyway, Long's days of achieving mediocrity are now in the past.

?

It's called hyperbole, you dinlo

Vincent Aboubakar has been watched on numerous occasions, and is someone Hughes has had an eye on previously as well. Cameroon international. Ings is 100% on the radar and is available for around £7m. No more incomings until Boufal goes. Last season for Davis (will go back to Rangers next summer) and has been talk about Stephens/JWP being played at RB this season if required.

Vincent Aboubakar has been watched on numerous occasions, and is someone Hughes has had an eye on previously as well. Cameroon international. Ings is 100% on the radar and is available for around £7m. No more incomings until Boufal goes. Last season for Davis (will go back to Rangers next summer) and has been talk about Stephens/JWP being played at RB this season if required.

Why would anyone actually pay money for Ings? He has zero future at the Dippers and everyone knows that so why pay a bent farthing for him when they'll be giving him away with Jamboree Bags in a couple of weeks?

In November 2017, Goal.com's Solace Chukwu wrote that Aboubakar had much in common with his Porto strike partner Marega in that both are physically imposing but have insufficient technical ability.

Then look at goals at Porto 50 goals in 95 appearances..I'll take that lack of technical ability thank you!

Why would anyone actually pay money for Ings? He has zero future at the Dippers and everyone knows that so why pay a bent farthing for him when they'll be giving him away with Jamboree Bags in a couple of weeks?

Surely he would have to take a massive drop in wages or be by far the highest paid player at St Marys. Why would he do that? Not that I want him to seriously consider it anyway.

Surely he would have to take a massive drop in wages or be by far the highest paid player at St Marys. Why would he do that? Not that I want him to seriously consider it anyway.

Another excellent reason not to pay any sort of transfer fee for him. Wouldn't want him anyway because he's toast but if Liverpool want shot of him then it's up to them to make it worthwhile to any club that agrees to take him off their hands.

when Ings signed for Liverpool there was a firm offer on the table from Saints also. Ings has a straight decision to make between us and them.....however it was not a simple decision at the time because Ings is particularly close to his sister and her kids who live here in Hampshire and because of reasons i won't go into and are personal Ings was really torn which to choose. I happened to just be in the right place at the right time back then to get this first hand info and it was just a question of luck with my job.

I said it back then and i will say it again now.....I believe there is far too much baggage involving Ings for us to take a punt on him without even taking into account his in juries!!!

Aston Villa’s serious financial situation strikes many chords with our fall into League 1. That they might have to sell two promising young players, Green and Davis, is reminder of our forced sales. But there’s only limited compassion in football so if the club are considering either or both it would be no surprise.

Ings on loan with a option to buy would appear the safest avenue for the club. I'd been told Davis was going to allowed to go on a free back to Rangers this year as thanks for his service. Any idea why that seems to have changed?

Aboubakar would be a great end to a brilliant summer.

Normally I'd laugh... until I remember Carrillo.

I like Ings. I just can't trust his injury record. I struggle to imagine that our scouting networks No.1 choice is Ings.

It would be a risk undoubtedly but I'd rather give him a go if the choice is to get him in or stick with what we've got because we know from past experience that doesn't work.

As all our current strikers either can't stay fit (Austin) or score goals (The rest) we should stay away from Ings especially for the sort of money being quoted you could get a player that might be good for that price.
What ten million? I think we'd struggle to get better than ings for that price.