Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Maybe a few years ago, but those injuries ruined him.
I doubt we'd buy him if that was our conclusion. Even if he is worse than he was a few seasons ago, we aren't going to get much better for that sort of money. I don't see how we can totally write him off based on his injuries when we don't actually know what the problems are or what his diagnosis is. I'd trust the club to know more about it before bidding.

How about we don't spaff money up the wall on a has been while simultaneously stunting the development of one of our own by farming him out again?

Just a thought.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Probably because our attacking area is where we are weakest and if we were to bring Ings it is will be because we most likely don't consider him a has been and we would think he is significantly better than our other options including Gallagher. He wouldn't be my first choice but I'd give him a go over sticking with what we currently have because we know what we have is not sufficient.

What’s cheeky about the bid???

Think it’s just lazy journalism, local lad + we need a forward = bid placed

Agree with this. We have been stung with stupid bids recently, and this is another at £20m. I would bid less than £10m if I really wanted him. But if we do want him, why on earth sell JRod????

Appreciate reading stories in The Sun won't leave you particularly enlightened but if you do read this one it actually states we aren't prepared to pay £20m and only want to pay half.

Carry on going nuts about us 'bidding £20m' if you want though.

And the story could well be complete rubbish anyway

Chelsea apparently looking to sell Giroud

The player we should have signed in January

The player that would have scored the goals that would have given saints a boring mid table finish

Ok he is 31 with little resale value but we need a ready made CF

Why would he come to us when he has the pick of other teams as a proven PL goalscorer ?

The player that would have scored the goals that would have given saints a boring mid table finish

You're writing that like he turned up outside Staplewood with his boots and a sportsbag and we turned him away.

Jesus wept.

The really awkward part about signing players is they actually have to want to play for saints..

The really awkward part about signing players is they actually have to want to play for saints..

About to start in a World Cup final for France today, but we should have got in there in Jan as he definitely would have come.

The same goes for Mbappe - Monaco were prepared to loan him out last summer with an option to buy and we let him join PSG. We really are a joke in transfer windows at times

Ings, being English, is automatically worth £10m by today's standards.

We sold Jay for £15m.

I'm not saying we should sign him, the the market is how it is.

Agree on the valuation of Ings.

I know you weren’t saying we should sign him, but given the fact that he has done his ACL on both knees, we may as well go back in for J-Rod as at least there is a known level of performance there. Ings hasn’t played anywhere near the amount of games since his injuries to know he’s still the same player, so it’s a complete punt in the dark IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on the valuation of Ings.

I know you weren’t saying we should sign him, but given the fact that he has done his ACL on both knees, we may as well go back in for J-Rod as at least there is a known level of performance there. Ings hasn’t played anywhere near the amount of games since his injuries to know he’s still the same player, so it’s a complete punt in the dark IMO.

Yeah, I don't dislike him as such. But he seemingly has similar attributes to what we have.

At least Sam offers something different. Granted, Hughes might think he's not good enough, then in that case, fair enough.

If we were going for something different than we already have, Crouchie offers more.

About to start in a World Cup final for France today, but we should have got in there in Jan as he definitely would have come.

The same goes for Mbappe - Monaco were prepared to loan him out last summer with an option to buy and we let him join PSG. We really are a joke in transfer windows at times

I smell sarcasm... A least I hope that's what it is

I don't understand why we would want Ings. He doesn't have pace or power. He's not a target man. He's not a creator. We need players with at least one outstanding attribute (preferably several). Signing a player with so little football in the last few years is a huge risk. A loan with an agreed fee should he prove himself is the only deal any club should consider.

I don't understand why we would want Ings. He doesn't have pace or power. He's not a target man. He's not a creator. We need players with at least one outstanding attribute (preferably several). Signing a player with so little football in the last few years is a huge risk. A loan with an agreed fee should he prove himself is the only deal any club should consider.

I can only assume it is to play out wide/ 1 of the 2 behind the striker.

Personally if we’re looking for a CF, we need what we hoped Carrillo would be. Big, strong and can hold the ball up.

I went to school with Ings and used to move in the same social circles to him (though I wouldn't say we were friends, just acquaintances). I spent years listening to him talk about how much he hates Saints because we rejected him. He's a cocky bastard too. The type that will say "Hey look at the funny looking tree next to my brand new car...". He'll also buy a homeless person a meal but make sure everyone knows he's doing it. Don't get me wrong, better than not doing it at all and ultimately he's a good bloke but taking all that into consideration, plus his injury record, I really don't think he'd be a good signing.

I thin the post by Instant classic is one of the funniest I've seen. Taking into account he's a bit cocky he 'd be a bad signing.

Obviously the whole idea behind the gamble would be he's a good goalscorer, we can get him for a good price, but he has injury problems. Anyway I reckon he could be worth a punt for 10 mill, but it's a gamble of course. We need a decent centre forward to cover and challenge Austin, 10 mill isn't much for the premier league nowadays.

I thin the post by Instant classic is one of the funniest I've seen. Taking into account he's a bit cocky he 'd be a bad signing.

Obviously the whole idea behind the gamble would be he's a good goalscorer, we can get him for a good price, but he has injury problems. Anyway I reckon he could be worth a punt for 10 mill, but it's a gamble of course. We need a decent centre forward to cover and challenge Austin, 10 mill isn't much for the premier league nowadays.

The thing with that is we already have a gamble, Charlie Austin. We need someone who is fit and has a decent record of scoring somewhere. I can't take another season of saying, "look how hard Long works, I know we're 2-0 down but he just won us a throw in!" whilst Austin AND Ings watch on from the wheelchair access points.

The article says we are only willing to match half the 20mil asking price with add ons for appearances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind appearances, I would make the add ons subject to the number of goals he gets..!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Bournemouth showing some interest in Ings as well.

also, if we lost a CM, how would people welcome Drinkwater? He has been offered around

If we lose a CM we don't need to replace him. We had far too many last season and we've had 2 return from loan since and signed Armstrong who could play there, albeit further up the pitch.

"As well" as who? Do we have any concrete evidence Saints want Ings? Adam Blackmore has rubbished the rumour this morning and the club leak things to him.

From someone who knows him very well “it was between us a Celtic, Celtic more likely”.

What “was” means I don’t know, but there 100% was some interest our end. If we made a bid or not I’m not sure, but he has certainly been considered.

From someone who knows him very well “it was between us a Celtic, Celtic more likely”.

What “was” means I don’t know, but there 100% was some interest our end. If we made a bid or not I’m not sure, but he has certainly been considered.

Celtic couldn’t afford him and I believe we haven’t even enquirer from horses mouth 2 weeks ago

Poor Celtic. They must REALLY hate us now.

Is not coming and never was

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/16356753.danny-ings-is-not-on-southamptons-radar/

That's not actually what the article says

It says that the Ings reports are “wide of the mark, at least at this stage”, so perhaps the door is left open a crack.

When discussing Ing’s playing history, it mentions “The 25-year-old went onto play for Cherries and Burnley, before joing Liverpool,” which makes me wonder if the Echo uses a word processor with spell check enabled.

Tammy Abraham anyone? Fits our profile, some great attributes.

Great in Brizzle, started well at Swans then faded badly in a **** team. Worth a perm punt I would suggest at a relatively modest price. Will surely not get a look in at Chelski.

Great in Brizzle, started well at Swans then faded badly in a **** team. Worth a perm punt I would suggest at a relatively modest price. Will surely not get a look in at Chelski.

Not for me. If we sign someone I want it to be a guaranteed starter who is better than what we already have.

I don’t think Abraham is.

He was dropped from a team struggling to score. No thanks.

I don't think them not scoring much was entirely down to him.

Think he's a great little player and still developing ... I wonder how much he'd cost though? £20m?

Entirely? No but a striker who scores one goal from mid October onward, manages 5 in total and they're all against Palace, Hudders, Watford and West Brom, isn't doing that well.

I don't think them not scoring much was entirely down to him.

Think he's a great little player and still developing ... I wonder how much he'd cost though? £20m?

This really. His movement looked good, bit of pace and power albeit a little raw.

If he was available for the right price I would be very happy to see him in our team.