Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Agreed. I doubt we will sign anyone but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

The impression I get is that our failure to shift a number of high earners on permanent deals instead of loans has seriously ****_ed up some of our intended deals.

FF, Carillo, Boufal, Long (although Hughes wanted him to stay), Claise, Davis (same as Long). Their wages must seriously add up.

The impression I get is that our failure to shift a number of high earners on permanent deals instead of loans has seriously ****_ed up some of our intended deals.

FF, Carillo, Boufal, Long (although Hughes wanted him to stay), Claise, Davis (same as Long). Their wages must seriously add up.

Just seen this in the Telegraph..

Why are Premier League clubs struggling to sell their unwanted players?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/08/premier-league-clubs-struggling-sell-unwanted-players/

Never really bought the wages argument. If I was in a job that required a specific level of skill and was let go because I didn't quite make the grade, I wouldn't grumble about going to the company next door who would give me slightly less responsibility for slightly less money. I was being overpaid!

Never really bought the wages argument. If I was in a job that required a specific level of skill and was let go because I didn't quite make the grade, I wouldn't grumble about going to the company next door who would give me slightly less responsibility for slightly less money. I was being overpaid!

I obviously don't know for sure, but I'm guessing you wouldn't have a parasitic agent who stands to make £millions out of any deal negotiating on your behalf in such a situation.

Rumour is that Chelsea are bringing in Kovacic on loan, leaving Chelsea with around nine players in the first-team squad fighting over 3 CM spots. Although are midfield is arguably our strongest area, surely adding someone like Loftus-Cheek, who looks like his minutes could be limited, on loan would be a good option for us?

Rumour is that Chelsea are bringing in Kovacic on loan, leaving Chelsea with around nine players in the first-team squad fighting over 3 CM spots. Although are midfield is arguably our strongest area, surely adding someone like Loftus-Cheek, who looks like his minutes could be limited, on loan would be a good option for us?

RLC will probably end up back at Palace

In terms of minutes on the pitch last season (league and Europa League), he averaged a goal or assist just over every other game. No idea what that’s like in comparison to our strikers though.

A current England striker isn't good enough for Saints? Seriously? Your expectations are certainly high...

Come up with whatever rationalisations you like, he has scored 41 goals in 9 years of Premier League football. He is basically Shola Ameobi but at a big club.

FFP allows us another £7m on top of last year's wages, plus additional commercial revenue, plus profit from player trading, plus we've removed Tadic and VVD who were probably our top earners or very close to it. All their replacements have been newcomers to the PL, and thus wont be on anything like the wages of the two who left. Even taking into account continuing to pay partial wages for loanees, I don't believe for a minute that the stumbling block to signings is a lack of extra headroom on the wage budget.

I obviously don't know for sure, but I'm guessing you wouldn't have a parasitic agent who stands to make £millions out of any deal negotiating on your behalf in such a situation.

or the ability to sit in the job you are not good enough for and keep collecting the higher wages.

Can we still sign free agents after Thursday ? serious question ...there is a few that might add something for a season or two on the free list imho
I assume you can take free agents, but I think you have to give a list of your squad and cant add to that, something along those lines anyway

I assume you can take free agents, but I think you have to give a list of your squad and cant add to that, something along those lines anyway

Interesting the players that have been knob heads are without clubs , ben arfa and nasri

Diego reyes from porto , yaya toure for a season ? bakary sako released from palace left winger pace n power ? jeremy pied some right back released from saints lol

Interesting the players that have been knob heads are without clubs , ben arfa and nasri

Diego reyes from porto , yaya toure for a season ? bakary sako released from palace left winger pace n power ? jeremy pied some right back released from saints lol

Nasri is suspended until the 1st January 2019 so no sane club will take him on before that.

The Times saying that due to Kovavic coming in, Barkley, Drinkwater and Loftus Cheek can look out for new clubs.

Graeme Bailey, ex Sky, saying Newcastle have a free run at Ings as Saints and Palace (rightly) won't pay the £20m. Newcastle ready with a loan offer with sizeable guarenteed purchase fee.

David Maddock, Mirror, saying Liverpool confident of selling Ings before the deadline and Saints favourites at this stage.

Personally not sure Ings is the profile of forward we need and a huge injury risk.

Graeme Bailey, ex Sky, saying Newcastle have a free run at Ings as Saints and Palace (rightly) won't pay the £20m. Newcastle ready with a loan offer with sizeable guarenteed purchase fee.

David Maddock, Mirror, saying Liverpool confident of selling Ings before the deadline and Saints favourites at this stage.

Personally not sure Ings is the profile of forward we need and a huge injury risk.

Ings on a Bosman when he left Burnley , yes.

At £20m, - or even £10m - with his injury record and it's out of the question.

Can't we do a 'job lot' with Celta Vigo - Lobotka, Sisto, & Gomez ?

No idea if Gomez is any goods but many a rsident expert on here seems to think so.

Perhaps they can keep Boufal, & take FF on loan in exchange.

I'm hoping we can get Welbeck in. Quite clearly best suited for us in terms of pace, strength, scores goals and can play anywhere across the front. Wonder if there is any truth in this Labofka bid? Does it tie in with the rumours of Les Reed going over to Spain.

But players are on fixed term contracts so aren't being let go. We have legal obligation to pay them £xxx over the time of the contract. Players are happy to sit there and pick up the money or put pressure on selling club to pay % of wages if they do move. There are some players who will sacrifice some money just for game time but many are happy to pick up the pay check.

Quite - Les or whoever signed him seriously lost their marbles and should have lost their job. Nothing screams disinterested owner more than that.

And the fact that he’s not interested in remedying the mistake by putting his hand in his pocket to sign another striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of positive things about this summer among all the gloom.

We did our business quite early at least those players we have signed arrived early in pre-season and have been involved in training and playing friendlies that can only help in the early games of the season.

We replaced Tadic with a like for like type player ( yes I realise he might turn out not to be as good as Tadic) straight away something we have been guilty of not doing the last few transfer windows.

So while we might not have got all the players and cash spunked we would have liked maybe the club have learnt a couple of lessons after the last few windows.

...or is that a bit to positive?