Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Ralphy clearly said all the VVD cash could be reinvested so there is still a big chunk of that, even before the eye watering TV money.

Things will get interesting if they do play that card though!

Hopefully we are setting things up quietly behind the scenes, a few clubs are starting to be active now and we arguably have more to do.

Did he? I heard him not committing to spending anything, and that's before the Carillo cash, signing on fee, agent money, wages and loyalty payment to Van Dijk comes out (did he hand in a transfer request in the end).

We'll see a token £20m, and then we'll have to sell to buy.

Did he? I heard him not committing to spending anything, and that's before the Carillo cash, signing on fee, agent money, wages and loyalty payment to Van Dijk comes out (did he hand in a transfer request in the end).

We'll see a token £20m, and then we'll have to sell to buy.

I definitely remember Reed saying that all of the VVD money would be spent on the team "over several transfer windows"....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I definitely remember Reed saying that all of the VVD money would be spent on the team "over several transfer windows"....

We can only spend the installements rather than the whole amount if that’s the case.

There is no excuse for not spending ca £50m plus anything we bring in. The biggest sign that the club has f*cked up will be if they say we have no money. The money in this league is largely ridiculous, and if we have to sell to buy, then that means our finances are right down the sh!tcreek.

We can only spend the installements rather than the whole amount if that’s the case.

Ralphy clearly said all the VVD cash could be reinvested so there is still a big chunk of that, even before the eye watering TV money.

Hopefully we are setting things up quietly behind the scenes, a few clubs are starting to be active now and we arguably have more to do.

There should be around £25m left from the VvD sale.

There is no excuse for not spending ca £50m plus anything we bring in. The biggest sign that the club has f*cked up will be if they say we have no money. The money in this league is largely ridiculous, and if we have to sell to buy, then that means our finances are right down the sh!tcreek.

Well, that is what I read into RK's continuous refusal to answer the question in the interview with Blackmore.

Maybe we need to sell to buy because although transfer money is there, spare cash on the wage bill isn't.

Jeremy Wilson’s DT article, published shortly after Ralph’s end of season interview, made reference to us bringing 3 players in, with Boufal a probable exit. There will likely be more coming in if we sell Bertrand, Cedric, or both.

The silence from Gao is unhelpful but the conspiracy theories about us now having no money to spend are pretty daft especially when considering the most recent published accounts.

People also hang too much on what Ralph says or doesn’t say about player recruitment. It’s not his domain.

Jeremy Wilson’s DT article, published shortly after Ralph’s end of season interview, made reference to us bringing 3 players in, with Boufal a probable exit. There will likely be more coming in if we sell Bertrand, Cedric, or both.

The silence from Gao is unhelpful but the conspiracy theories about us now having no money to spend are pretty daft especially when considering the most recent published accounts.

People also hang too much on what Ralph says or doesn’t say about player recruitment. It’s not his domain.

He is the Boss though. In the absence of anyone else talking, Ralph is it on all fronts

Maybe we need to sell to buy because although transfer money is there, spare cash on the wage bill isn't.

That's a sensible way of looking at it. It's why we need a clear out, including a large number of frings players, some of whom are rumoured to be on good money, especially academy products, as well obvious candidates likely to move on such as Boufal. We aren't in European competition next season so don't need as big a squad.

Well...no, because everyone else has to pay their players too....

You do know every clubs wage bill is different right? you also know, lets take Bournemouth for example has a wage bill about one third of saints yet received more TV money this season, I'll let you do the math...

You do know every clubs wage bill is different right? you also know, lets take Bournemouth for example has a wage bill about one third of saints yet received more TV money this season, I'll let you do the math...

But come on, we've got 5/6 years of Prem TV money behind us, we should have more than enough money to pay the wages. And, anyway, weren't we told that we are a sustainable business model these days?

Plus we have bigger attendances / brand etc. We shouldn't be being outspent by the likes of Huddersfield & Bompey...

People seem to ignore the wage bill when ever they mention the TV cash.

they certainly do. And it is NOW MASSIVE. I would think it makes for depressing reading should anyone compare an individual 17/18 player performance with his wage.

That cash dropped a little based on our final league position/lack of TV games. Whether the club budgeted for that extra income I don't know.

That's a sensible way of looking at it. It's why we need a clear out, including a large number of frings players, some of whom are rumoured to be on good money, especially academy products, as well obvious candidates likely to move on such as Boufal. We aren't in European competition next season so don't need as big a squad.

how do you shift players earning more here than they'd get elsewhere though? A refreshed squad will hurt financially, be that in the form of subsidised wages, agents fees or even paying someones contact up. None of which will be appetising to the board/ownership.

But come on, we've got 5/6 years of Prem TV money behind us, we should have more than enough money to pay the wages. And, anyway, weren't we told that we are a sustainable business model these days?

Plus we have bigger attendances / brand etc. We shouldn't be being outspent by the likes of Huddersfield & Bompey...

Perhaps those 5/6 years are the reason our wage bill is maxed (steady rise every year your are in the top flight), whilst the two clubs you mentioned have some `cap space' (forgive the US phrase that is perhaps not right here). Huddersfield's wage bill was just over £21m in the promotion season (including £12m of bonuses for promotion), so even with quite a few signings last summer they are going to be miles off the circa £120m wage bill we have to cover.

how do you shift players earning more here than they'd get elsewhere though? A refreshed squad will hurt financially, be that in the form of subsidised wages, agents fees or even paying someones contact up. None of which will be appetising to the board/ownership.

Exactly, the high wage bill is surely driven by the amount of staff turnover we've had since coming into the prem, and therefore the players all coming in on very decent wages. Theoretically, the youth players such as Targett, Stephens, Sims, Reed, JWP (to an extent), Gallagher & McQueen should mean we have quite a few players who are on lower contracts.

Lazio want €50M for Felipe Anderson, according to this. West Ham’s bid of €38M was not enough...

“Between renewal and departure: the agents of Felipe Anderson are coming to Rome to explore every alternative, the Brazilian is closed by Luis Alberto in the starting lineup, he must think about his future.

CALCIOMERCATO LAZIO - As reported by Corriere dello Sport, an auction could be unleashed on him: in the polls of Chelsea, those of two other Premier League teams were added. Watford would also be interested, and West Ham would offer 38 million euros. Not only that, even from France there would be interest for Felipe Anderson, in a transfer market session that is full of twists: even Monaco would ask for information, with an exceptional sponsor, his friend Keita. With the possibility for Tare to eventually insert in the speech Glik's card, which he really likes. The 38 offered so far are not enough, Lotito wants 50 million to start his pupil. “

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/calciomercato-lazio-per-anderson-e-asta-internazionale-i-dettagl-91405

Why daft - if Gao has bought the club the way we all think he has, he needs to make his money-back first?

Personally, I don't trust anyone at the club at the moment, and Jeremy Wilson just regurgitates what he's given by the same people.

Why daft - if Gao has bought the club the way we all think he has, he needs to make his money-back first?

Personally, I don't trust anyone at the club at the moment, and Jeremy Wilson just regurgitates what he's given by the same people.

Because the idea we have nothing to spend runs contrary to everything written about us since January - and not just by Jeremy Wilson.

It was clear we were willing to spend money last January when looking at the names we were linked with, we just weren’t proactive or organised enough to attack the market - though the competency of Reed and Wilson is another issue entirely...

If we don’t bring anyone this summer and sell players, then I too will start fretting about the intentions of Gao. His silence obviously doesn’t help the sense of distrust but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see any deviation from our normal way of operating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, we need to sell because our squad is too big. Something like 32 players over the age of 21, all therefore needing to be registered in the final 25 man squad.

There's a lot of dead wood to move on, assuming the club's fiscally responsible approach considers spending wages on multiple players who can't play to be foolish.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: of course we do

#Ziyechwatch

S-Clarke knows! I think he's converted to be a believer!

In truth, it seems like we've needed a 'Sigurdsson' for about 5 seasons in a row.

I'd hoped Boufal was both the goal-getting pacey winger & goal scoring No.10 all in one. But in truth, he's been neither.

S-Clarke knows! I think he's converted to be a believer!

In truth, it seems like we've needed a 'Sigurdsson' for about 5 seasons in a row.

I'd hoped Boufal was both the goal-getting pacey winger & goal scoring No.10 all in one. But in truth, he's been neither.

Roma apparently interested in him and kluivert

Even though the money is paid in installments?

Because the idea we have nothing to spend runs contrary to everything written about us since January - and not just by Jeremy Wilson.

It was clear we were willing to spend money last January when looking at the names we were linked with, we just weren’t proactive or organised enough to attack the market - though the competency of Reed and Wilson is another issue entirely...

If we don’t bring anyone this summer and sell players, then I too will start fretting about the intentions of Gao. His silence obviously doesn’t help the sense of distrust but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see any deviation from our normal way of operating.

The Telegraph told us Primes was definitely coming in the Summer. I'm waiting to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you think we were actually looking at spending that money, and not just pulling the wool over supporters eyes by "attempting" to sign players. To me there are a lot of naive fans who seem to lap up whatever they're told as the truth.

The Telegraph told us Promes was coming in the Summer for sure, so not sure why he's not here yet.

Why do you think we were actually looking at spending that money, and not just pulling the wool over supporters eyes by "attempting" to sign players. To me there are a lot of naive fans who seem to lap up whatever they're told as the truth.

The Telegraph told us Promes was coming in the Summer for sure, so not sure why he's not here yet.

False Promes-ises

Russian Transfer window open on June 11th.

Can they not sell outside of the window then?
Possibly, but they may schedule holidays around the windows, or paper work may be simpler during the window.

Guessing of course. But if they had to jump through extra hoops why not stumpy wait until the windows open.

Of course, it may be the case that the change in manager means a change in target.

Would definitely take him, but we'll see if we're willing to pay his wages.
Would be silly as a Saints fan to turn down someone of Shaqiri's quality but I don't necessarily see him as being really what we need in an attacking sense unless Tadic left.

Think we miss pace, power and someone to carry the ball in the opposition half and for all the good Shaqiri does, he doesn't really offer those things.

At £12m he is a steal though and certainly a good, proven PL player.

Shaqiri would offer us something we currently don’t have and that’s someone who can hit the ball (and score) from outside the box and at the reported £12m is a steal.

I do however agree that we are crying out for some pace.

Whilst I highly rate Tadic, he is inconsistent. I’d like to see us go into next season with:

Tadic

Sisto / Promes (would prefer sisto)

Shaqiri

Redmond

Sims

A combination of pace and creativity and a few (Tadic, Dhaqiri and Redmond) can play across the front 3.

If we can get that creativity behind them, I think Austin / Gabbi would do very well.

At that price Shaqiri seems a no brainer, obviously if the Spurs link is true then he'll go there.

Can't see us paying upwards of £40 million for Felipe Anderson.

Shaqiri also offers something we lack and that is someone who scores goals from outside the box.