Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

There is an awful lot of discussion about Marlon being ‘only’ 5 foot 11 and therefore unable to cut it in the Premier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it is more about the FACT that we are appalling aerially at CB. Whilst a few want a guard of honour for Yoshida, many want him replaced...or someone who can dominate in that position...much like Fonte, VvD and Toby.

someone from a reserve side in spain, probably wont be able to achieve that

Couldn't get in the Danish side ahead of Huddersfield donkey Zanka. So that's promising...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

He has mainly been behind Kjaer and Christensen, who are two very good centre-backs.

it is more about the FACT that we are appalling aerially at CB. Whilst a few want a guard of honour for Yoshida, many want him replaced...or someone who can dominate in that position...much like Fonte, VvD and Toby.

someone from a reserve side in spain, probably wont be able to achieve that

'a reserve side in Spain' = Barcelona. Crikey.

You realise it’s harder to get in their first team, then say Salzburg’s.

You know that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it's not whether it is hard it is the standard he is playing at now.

we did so well recruiting bit part players from other clubs...

you know that?

Barcelona B play in the Spanish second division so it's not dissimilar to signing someone with potential from the Championship

id rather sign someone who plays in the ilk of our better players in the last few years

No more creative players?

I suppose the new formation doesn't allow for anymore.

I'm hoping somebody steps up from within to provide cover at right-back.

I was talking about this with my nipper if Hughes carries on playing 3-5-2 ( or is it 5-3-2) with Romeu, Lemina and ( I assume) Armstrong in midfield that only leaves two positions to be shared between Austin, Gabbi, Redmond, Mo, Long, Sims and Gallagher.

I'm not keen on this 3-5-2 formation - I'd prefer we went back to the 4-3-3 and pressed the opposition which was supposedly the 'Southampton Way' and the tactical style we supposedly bought players for. Although we actually plated 4-2-3-1 more often. At worst I hope we play 3-4-3 over 3-5-2.

The fact we bought Elyanoussi seems to suggest we want to play 3 up front though.

I have a feeling Cedric will move on this summer and Jack Stephens could end up moving across to right back if we play 4 a the back - it was his original position anyway. Yan Valery could well end up being the back-up right back by the sound of it. If we play with wingbacks it sounds like Harrison Reed could fill that role on the right - and JWP is another one who could play there and it might actually get the best out of him - with Stephens on the right of the back 3.

We do need to move on players like Forster, Long, Davis, Yoshida and upgrade to younger better players though.

Yeah, at first glance Elyanousi doesn't seem suited to the system.

A 433 with one deep pivot, Lemina and Armstrong pushing on and MoEl, Austin and Gabbi/Redmond/Sims looks a better fit.

Probably does rely on us signing a good commanding centre back as well.

Good to see The Echo giving more credence to the CB and striker signings. The RB cover is interesting because Jeremy Pied's contract wasn't renewed. Might have thought he was good enough as cover for Cedric but is the reality the club want someone who might genuinely compete for the shirt? We do have other RB cover in CBs with RB experience, such as Yoshida and Stephens although the role now tends to have more focus on the attacking abilities, rather than defensive. It'll be interesting to see if The Echo is right and someone is brought in. If the end result is five new signings this close season, as well as firming up McCarthy that would look like a good window, even allowing for the departure of Tadic. No indication so far that any others will go or be lent out that the club would want to keep.

Yeah, at first glance Elyanousi doesn't seem suited to the system.

A 433 with one deep pivot, Lemina and Armstrong pushing on and MoEl, Austin and Gabbi/Redmond/Sims looks a better fit.

Probably does rely on us signing a good commanding centre back as well.

Think we'd play 343- Elyounoussi and Armstrong/Redmond behind Austin/Gabbi/ a new striker would work quite well.

Think we'd play 343- Elyounoussi and Armstrong/Redmond behind Austin/Gabbi/ a new striker would work quite well.

Yeah, that's what I'd do. I like that system with 2 'inside forwards' cutting in. Width being provided by wing-backs.

This is a bit different:

10.55 BST: Southampton are in talks to sign highly-rated Real Madrid teenager Pedro Lubamba, sources close to the clubs have told ESPN FC. 15-year-old Lubamba has been training with the club this week.

Clearly benefits from being bigger and stronger than others his age in these clips but not often we get kids from Academies like Real Madrid on trial with us.

People putting two and two together after Gunn has a Tweet exchange with Reed...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/06/rumoured-transfer-target-angus-gunn-responds-to-southampton-play/

Gunn has recently started following Bertrand, reed, targett and Redmond. I assume Norwich and eng u21 links as to reason why other than Bertrand obviously.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/bartolec-meldte-om-southampton-interesse-han-kan-sige-hvad-han-vil

Karlo Bartolec himself has said that the Premier League club Southampton shows interest in him. The sports manager in FC Nordsjælland will not contribute.

FC Nordsjælland's sports director, Carsten V. Jensen, could probably sell the entire team if he wanted to.

Of course he will not, but there is hardly any doubt that the last profile has not left the Danish bronze winners this summer. A player who may be on his way is Croatian right back Karlo Bartolec.

The player's agent, Danko Djikic, told tipsbladet.dk in February that the plan is a transfer this summer and the protagonist ruled a month ago that the Premier League club Southampton shows interest.

- "There were some queries in the winter break, but my club demanded 2.5 million euros (about 19 million kroner, ed.) And that was too much for Dinamo. At the same time there was a bid from French Nantes, but we agreed to wait until after the season. I'm glad I stayed. We qualified for Europe and Southampton showed serious interest, "said Karlo Bartolec to SportNews.hr.

If the alleged interest from Southampton is out in a bid, Carsten V. Jensen is one of the few people who can answer, but he is not interested.

"Karlo is in a position where he can say what he wants. We must see what comes from possibilities, and then we take it from there. This applies to Karlo and all other players in FC Nordsjælland for that matter. We are going to sell during the summer, and Karlo has done a good figure, but you can say about unbelievable many of our players and we will not deliver a full or a half team, saying "CV" to the tip sheet .com.

FC Nordsjælland has taken part in the coming season with Lasse Petry, Tobias Mikkelsen, Runar Alex Runarsson and Ernest Asante.