Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Why make sweeping generalisations based on nationality?

Because Carrillo, Delgado, Sarmiento, Ramirez, Gazzaniga, Caceres and im counting Osvaldo too, have been rousing successes. Guly was good at championship level but thats it. May be a sweeping generalisation but it hasnt worked for us previously

Tammy Abraham anyone? Fits our profile, some great attributes.

Great in Brizzle, started well at Swans then faded badly in a **** team. Worth a perm punt I would suggest at a relatively modest price. Will surely not get a look in at Chelski.

Don't think it's realistic, unless it's a loan because we're skint. He's a brilliant prospect (in spite of what some have concluded from one difficult season for an appalling team) who will be playing right at the top in a few years.

Pace, power, technical ability, strong in the air, and intelligent, proactive off the ball movement that a seasoned striker would be proud of - he's got it all. An by all accounts is a very level headed, bright young man with no ego.

I'd be over the moon if we signed him. But we won't.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'm going to get battered for posing this question.... but.... Welbeck?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/16/danny-welbeck-david-ospinas-futures-doubt-arsenal-expected-make/

(Think of the goals Arsenal won't score against us!)

i can hear the “always injured” merchants lining up behind their keyboards already.......he was involved in 43 games last season however.

well he scores against us a lot........

I'm going to get battered for posing this question.... but.... Welbeck?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/16/danny-welbeck-david-ospinas-futures-doubt-arsenal-expected-make/

(Think of the goals Arsenal won't score against us!)

Seems to have made a career out of half a dosen decent games a season. If he struggles to get past 5 goals for Utd and Arsenal, I doubt he’d start banging them in for us.

If you factor in the sale of VvD

We would be near or if not at the very bottom

It’s how we roll

We'd be lower down of course. Using a bag of a fag packet maths

About 60 (after Celtic's cut) for VVD plus 10 for Tadic

70 million in

This years spending circa 56 million plus Gudio 20 million

76 million out

So about 6 million up.

Mind you we will, hopefully, see some more sold yet so we will probably have spent less than we brought in by the end of the summer.

Regardless on paper this summer we look to have actually improved the squad in positions that needed it so it's more positive than the last four windows.

Don't think it's realistic, unless it's a loan because we're skint. He's a brilliant prospect (in spite of what some have concluded from one difficult season for an appalling team) who will be playing right at the top in a few years.

Pace, power, technical ability, strong in the air, and intelligent, proactive off the ball movement that a seasoned striker would be proud of - he's got it all. An by all accounts is a very level headed, bright young man with no ego.

I'd be over the moon if we signed him. But we won't.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Would love Tammy Abrahams or Welbeck tbh

Tammy more likely on loan i would assume as Chelski would want decent money for him PERM

Abraham yes, all those Chelsea lads need to find clubs, they need to look at what De Bruyne did, left Chelsea to get first team football, established himself at a middling club and then got the big move. Loftus-Cheek and Abraham would be two quality signings.

I wouldn't want Wellbeck, he's a not a goalscorer, 46 PL goals in 206 times, most of the time playing for either Utd or Arsenal.

Would be a complete waste and at 27 he's not going to get any better now.

Makes me laugh that people question Austin who has like a 1 in 2 record whilst playing for relegation threatened teams but seem happy to get a donkey like Wellbeck in.

Abraham yes, all those Chelsea lads need to find clubs, they need to look at what De Bruyne did, left Chelsea to get first team football, established himself at a middling club and then got the big move. Loftus-Cheek and Abraham would be two quality signings.

I wouldn't want Wellbeck, he's a not a goalscorer, 46 PL goals in 206 times, most of the time playing for either Utd or Arsenal.

Would be a complete waste and at 27 he's not going to get any better now.

Makes me laugh that people question Austin who has like a 1 in 2 record whilst playing for relegation threatened teams but seem happy to get a donkey like Wellbeck in.

I like Austin a lot. Not very difficult to see why people question him though....

Agree, never been any decent South Americans in premiership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suarez and Forlan were also utter crap.

Don't worry though, the muppets in our fanbase would turn down Cavani and Messi if the opportunity to sign them arose. Because those fans are just muppets and there is no point arguing with blinkered viewpoints.

Don't worry though, the muppets in our fanbase would turn down Cavani and Messi if the opportunity to sign them arose. Because those fans are just muppets and there is no point arguing with blinkered viewpoints.

I do agree with you overall, but you have to pick and choose player by player. Aguero, Suarez and someone like Juninho at Boro were great successes because they had not the technical ability but right approach and personalities to thrive. They were bought at the top of the market plus two of then were already playing in Europe. Didn't help us with Gaston, but I think it hindered Delgado who also had a shocking attitude. Gaston had a decent attitude but the speed of the game coming from Serie A was too much.

Forlan did flop though at Man U - legend at A Madrid and won a bucketload of medals, but just didn't pan out at Man U although Fergie said he was very well regarded within the club.

Worst was Veron, don't know what happened there!

I would look at South Amerian options player by player.

I do agree with you overall, but you have to pick and choose player by player. Aguero, Suarez and someone like Juninho at Boro were great successes because they had not the technical ability but right approach and personalities to thrive. They were bought at the top of the market plus two of then were already playing in Europe. Didn't help us with Gaston, but I think it hindered Delgado who also had a shocking attitude. Gaston had a decent attitude but the speed of the game coming from Serie A was too much.

Forlan did flop though at Man U - legend at A Madrid and won a bucketload of medals, but just didn't pan out at Man U although Fergie said he was very well regarded within the club.

Worst was Veron, don't know what happened there!

I would look at South Amerian options player by player.

I hope we would look at all players on a player by player basis.

Historically, England (& Scotland) have had very few South American players compared to the other major European Leagues. Largely I would say that's down to factors such as language, climate and culture. That's why you see so may Argentine players in Spain and Brazilian players in Portugal.

The other factor is the playing style. It's much harder to get used to league with the pace and accepted physicality of the Premier League.

I've seen Mousa Dembele linked with non-premiership clubs like Besiktas (who have to pre-qualify for Europa league) this week and makes me wonder how much he will want paying to leave Spurs? Probably too much, otherwise he's simply sign a new deal with them.

Putting that to one side, although into the latter part of his career, I thought he was phenomenal last season. That midfield area is till as important as ever and as much as I like Romeu, Lemina and Hoj at their best, personally I think we lack the height, strength and domination Dembele offers.

Total pipe dream I know, but it's an internet forum. so I'm just putting it out there.

Rumour we are interested in Hamburg's Kostic..

Filip Kostic is very much for sale and will be sent to the ‘highest bidder’, it doesn’t sound like the Serbian has a great say in the matter. Two clubs are said to be thinking about the signing, and those are named as Southampton and Valencia by German newspaper Aller-Zeitung.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-one-two-clubs-thinking-signing-flexible-attacker/

Rumour we are interested in Hamburg's Kostic..

Filip Kostic is very much for sale and will be sent to the ‘highest bidder’, it doesn’t sound like the Serbian has a great say in the matter. Two clubs are said to be thinking about the signing, and those are named as Southampton and Valencia by German newspaper Aller-Zeitung.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-one-two-clubs-thinking-signing-flexible-attacker/

Def remember him being linked before.

2016: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3656344/Manchester-City-lead-chase-Ante-Coric-Liverpool-Chelsea-Tottenham-express-Croatia-s-Euro-2016-star.html

Lol the mistake you are making is that one person posting or even two or three posting is not a representation of our fan base. Muppet.

Agree, never been any decent South Americans in premiership.

Mmmm: if my memory serves me correctly Argentina is in South America and Ardiles and Vila did reasonably well for Spurs.......!!

Neither of them played in the Premiership or Premier League. ;)

Edited by Matthew Le God

I've seen Mousa Dembele linked with non-premiership clubs like Besiktas (who have to pre-qualify for Europa league) this week and makes me wonder how much he will want paying to leave Spurs? Probably too much, otherwise he's simply sign a new deal with them.

Putting that to one side, although into the latter part of his career, I thought he was phenomenal last season. That midfield area is till as important as ever and as much as I like Romeu, Lemina and Hoj at their best, personally I think we lack the height, strength and domination Dembele offers.

Total pipe dream I know, but it's an internet forum. so I'm just putting it out there.

Exactly. He bullied us into defeat when we played against them last season.