Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Sign a backup keeper (to replace Forster), backup right back (depending on Reed/valery situation), centre half, winger (if Boufal leaves) and a striker that can bring our attacking midfielders into play and we’ve had a good window imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moses Odubajo - currently on trial* with Celtic after his contract with Hull finished.

I really liked what I saw of him in the PL with Hull, then he had that horrible ACL injury that took him out for a year. Returned in the Championship season and had another injury. With Pied moving on, decent back up option on a low contract.

Copied and translated, NO idea if true! Sorry if this is old news.

According to Univision, England's Southampton is the Premier League team that would be closest to taking Colombian Mateus Uribe for next season. A week ago it was learned that three teams of the English league were interested and one of them is directed by Mark Huges.

The English club would be very interested in the Mexico's midfielder to start the season 2018/2019 with a renewed team. Southampton was saved from descending last season and hopes to maintain the category for another year.

Copied and translated, NO idea if true! Sorry if this is old news

Barça is one step away from closing the sale of Brazilian Marlon for 12 million euros, plus bonuses. Finally, as SPORT has learned, its destination will be the English Southampton, which has already submitted a formal offer to close the operation. Marlon's agents were in Barcelona on Thursday and met directly with Barça president Josep Maria Bartomeu to formalize the details of the operation. It is expected that in the coming days the documents will be signed and an economically beneficial transfer to Barcelona will be announced.

Alcacer....

Continuing our policy of looking at under-sized Barca players ;)

The Alacer link has gone on for a while, but I'd be surprised if we did it. Would certainly mean a couple of strikers leaving if it did happen though.

Continuing our policy of looking at under-sized Barca players ;)

The Alacer link has gone on for a while, but I'd be surprised if we did it. Would certainly mean a couple of strikers leaving if it did happen though.

Shane Long leaving....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wolves and Saints are in terested in Andrea Petagna, according to TuttoMercato...

“Wolverhampton and Southampton were on the trail of Andrea Petagna dell'Atalanta. The attacker, outgoing from the orobics, is estimated 10-12 million by the Nerazzurri who will not fall below this threshold. In addition, the Italian club intends to put on the contract also 10% on the future resale of the striker.”

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-atalanta-wolverhampton-e-southampton-su-petagna-1128213

At the end of the season, it seemed like Bertrand, Cedric, and Boufal would be out the door, as soon as possible. Then, we would need to replace those players.

Now, Tadic is gone and we sign a midfielder and a winger. Looking like we have a centerhalf and keeper close to joining. Rumors of a Barca Forward and possibly another winger coming in.

I love the direction we taking. But, I wonder who will be sold. Our squad was bloated at the end of the season. Now, we have huge numbers on the books. We must sell...

I think we sell/loan:

GK Forster

CB Stephens

LB McQueen

CM Reed

CM Clasie

W Boufal

F Long

F Austin

Sisto , Promes and that Barcelona Striker and a new centre back and goal keeper few players out that would be immense.

We will not be signing Promes and I suspect now we need to shift a few before any more incomings as the squad is overloaded.

Maybe if the right deal came along for a player they really want we would move but I would imagine they are working hard to get some players out to free up wages as well as a place in the 25 man squad.

Don’t forget they also need to sell to please those on here by winning the net spend league because we are well off the pace at the moment.

Meanwhile, the Daily Echo understands Saints are interested in potentially signing Borussia Monchengladbach centre-back Jannik Vestergaard.

The 25-year-old defender is currently at the World Cup with Denmark and has also attracted interest from Premier League rivals Everton and West Ham.

He started 32 games for Monchengladbach last term and is highly-rated in the German leagues.

Saints are monitoring his situation and have also been linked with a move for young Manchester City goalkeeper Angus Gunn.

Source: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/16323811.mohamed-elyounoussi-is-not-direct-tadic-replacement/

Wolves and Saints are in terested in Andrea Petagna, according to TuttoMercato...

“Wolverhampton and Southampton were on the trail of Andrea Petagna dell'Atalanta. The attacker, outgoing from the orobics, is estimated 10-12 million by the Nerazzurri who will not fall below this threshold. In addition, the Italian club intends to put on the contract also 10% on the future resale of the striker.”

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-atalanta-wolverhampton-e-southampton-su-petagna-1128213

He looked impressive playing for Atalanta against Everton in the Europa League last season, as a result I signed him for Saints on Football Manager lol.

Does appear we are still after a striker which is good news.

He looked impressive playing for Atalanta against Everton in the Europa League last season, as a result I signed him for Saints on Football Manager lol.

Does appear we are still after a striker which is good news.

& like with centre-backs, we are linked with a short Barcelona one & a tall one from elsewhere.

Sisto , Promes and that Barcelona Striker and a new centre back and goal keeper few players out that would be immense.

We won't get Sisto, Promes AND Alcacer.

Haven't really seen enough of any of them to form a judgement but from what I've read, if we could sign Sisto, Alcacer, Vestergaard and Gunn, whilst shipping out Boufal, Long, Davis, Stephens and Forster (Whilst keeping Gabbi) I'd be delighted. I can but hope.

I may buck the trend here....but I would not consider shipping out Long.

When you're shutting up shop, Long is just the player you want up top to chase the out ball. I know it's not his primary role but when we're in that position he's the guy to see out games. Is that enough alone to keep him, I'm not sure.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Two full seasons of being utterly unfit for purpose.

A pointless player. He can only chase the ball. Like a dog. Can't do anything with it. Also like a dog.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I agree. Needs to be converted to a winger. Eg his performance vs Watford away (I think)
He doesn't have the technical ability to be a wide player and isnt good enough generally to be bothered about shoe horning into another position.

In hindsight we shouldn't have given him a new contract after the 6month spell in his career when he was above average.

If he starts more than 10 PL games next season we will be having another poor campaign.

I get that he runs, he chases, he puts pressure on defenders but...

Two goals a season! Two!

There are players out there who can run and score 5 times that amount. A hard working striker who scores 8-10 goals a season really isn’t asking an awful lot. I don’t see how anyone can watch a team almost get relegated, whilst struggling to score goals and not see this as a problem.