Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really hope not. A man of class. We need them. Meanwhile, hope the Sisto rumours are true. Has come on for Denmark and is electric

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seriously thou, Carillo and Boufal are goners, and that’s who this “journo is probably referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good. No loss

Boufal to Nice €12m is the Nixon story.

So nothing shocking at all.

Only shocking in that it might actually be a permanent.

Nixon said "12m region". Didn't say whether pounds/euros though.

I don't mind us taking the hit on fee we paid, because wages are big thing to get rid of.

Sorry it may be £12m... I can’t figure out how to post a screenshot of the tweet, sorry! But no, not a surprise at all. Every man and their dog knew he’d be off. Not sure why he’s made it a big surprise!

No worries. Wasn't trying to "MLG" you :)

Cheers for posting it.

That's no news really, there were Nice rumours back in May. No real exclusive there Nixon!

I was going to ask if Nice can afford him, but then I remembered Balotelli / Plea / Seri possibly all leaving so that would answer that question.

I was going to ask if Nice can afford him, but then I remembered Balotelli / Plea / Seri possibly all leaving so that would answer that question.

They'll have a bit of cash to play with for sure. Good signing for Nice if they pull it off and another few $$ for us to reinvest.

Looks like this Merlon deal is happening though. Not quite sure what to make of it, I seem to remember him being very, very highly rated when Barca signed him. All reports suggest he had a standout season for Nice last year, yet their fans couldn't wait to get shot of him. Confusing.

They'll have a bit of cash to play with for sure. Good signing for Nice if they pull it off and another few $$ for us to reinvest.

Looks like this Merlon deal is happening though. Not quite sure what to make of it, I seem to remember him being very, very highly rated when Barca signed him. All reports suggest he had a standout season for Nice last year, yet their fans couldn't wait to get shot of him. Confusing.

Where did you read that?

Nice are a little bit like us.

Yeah, I've no idea if it's legit or not. We get linked with some big aerial monsters & then get linked with a fella with tekkers & good passing but apparently not great in the air.

It seems like he'd be best in a '3' at the back. Perhaps doubling up as cover @ right-back? Lets hope he's not the next Marc Muniesa.

Bit of a shame to lose boufal and tadic whilst the worse of the culprits Redmond remains. At least boufal had skills and unpredictability in his locker, Redmond just stops and lays it off for someone else hardly ever trying to beat his man. Not really what u want from a creative player..

I just hope if boufal is off we will replace with shaqiri or one of sisto or promes now

Carillo/Pellegrino was complete idiocy by the club. We all know we should have let MP go earlier and saved the £19m. Guess a loan is most likely unless prepared to take a severe hit on someone who is worth half what we paid.

Boufal was never gong to be able to stay after the incident where he refused to warm up and come on. I imagine Hughes made that quite clear, rightly.

Bit of a shame to lose boufal and tadic whilst the worse of the culprits Redmond remains. At least boufal had skills and unpredictability in his locker, Redmond just stops and lays it off for someone else hardly ever trying to beat his man. Not really what u want from a creative player..

I just hope if boufal is off we will replace with shaqiri or one of sisto or promes now

Redmond is unironically better than Boufal, their Saints records back that up.

Redmond is quite interesting. To me, he needs a bit more coaching to unlock the best of him. He, like Boufal, was one of the few who was happy to run with the ball and take on the opposition. He lost some confidence I think, and did too often "just stops and lays it off to someone else". I think that was why Gardiola had a go at him. So maybe with a change of management....... (I'm in optimistic mode at the moment, which I usually am at this time of the year just because it is a contrarian position to all the moaners on here).

Redmond is quite interesting. To me, he needs a bit more coaching to unlock the best of him. He, like Boufal, was one of the few who was happy to run with the ball and take on the opposition. He lost some confidence I think, and did too often "just stops and lays it off to someone else". I think that was why Gardiola had a go at him. So maybe with a change of management....... (I'm in optimistic mode at the moment, which I usually am at this time of the year just because it is a contrarian position to all the moaners on here).

I think you've mistaken 'skipping towards the opposition and then stopping when you reach them' with 'running with the ball and taking on the opposition'. Redmond only has average pace, which is probably why you almost never see him trust his acceleration and try to take the ball beyond a defender once he's stood them up.

I'd go with that he has had games where he has looked good but he frustrates because he seems to lack confidence to do what you know he can do. Redmond is like the other side of the coin to Boufal.

Boufal had so much confidence he wants to take people on even when its not the best option. Redmond, onfor the other hand, seems to lack the confidence to take someone on ,even though he can, and opts for the safe pass.

I've always thought Redmond would be decent playing centrally behind a striker.

He's not the best crosser and he doesn't naturally get to the by-line but he can accelerate enough to open up pockets of space, he has a decent first touch and he has a powerful shot with minimum backlift.

I've always thought Redmond would be decent playing centrally behind a striker.

He's not the best crosser and he doesn't naturally get to the by-line but he can accelerate enough to open up pockets of space, he has a decent first touch and he has a powerful shot with minimum backlift.

I agree. People are too quick to put him in the 'nippy winger' category, but he's not that type of player. I think this is why Pep likes him; a player who can play short, neat passes in minimal space to create openings, and when he's playing confidently he is a good finisher too. This is probably also why, at the beginning of Puel's reign, he tried to play him as a false 9. His strength is not beating a defender on his own, and I think this is why he comes in for criticism. He too often appears overly cautious, with a 'safe' pass backwards instead of taking on the defender, which he doesn't do because, simply, he knows it isn't a strength of his. A good manager will train his team to give Redmond a more positive outlet in that situation, rather than forcing him to go backwards or lose the ball by trying to take the man on.

I think as soon as he has a manager that can get the best out of him, and the fans realise the type of player he is rather than expect him to be, Redmond will be seen in a much more positive light.