Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Long and Davis arent going anywhere and neither should they. They're quite important to the dressing room. You need experienced and down to earth players in the squad to keep the players with attitudes in check. They'll both give you 100% and give you good options from the bench when ahead in games, to see them out. I wouldnt trust many other players to do that job, other than Romeu.

The others you mentioned on the other hand....

I only want good news, mate :)

22 days to go until the window shuts wonder how much more business we will do? I still have the feeling the club would like to off load a few to trim the squad its just about finding someone who will actually take the likes of Forster, Boufal, Clasie, Davies and Long. Its looking hopeful on the players we all thought we might lose Bertrand, Cedric, Lemina and I guess the closer to the window the less chance we will sell (well you'd hope so anyway). I'm not convinced we will see anymore arrivals being optimistic perhaps one more before the window?

What we don't want is to get to that period between our transfer window closing and the European window closing, only for, say, Gabbiadini to then say he wants out back to Italy, meaning we either keep an unhappy player or have to sell him and find ourselves and injury away from using Long. That's why I'm torn with the early closing of our window. Yes, it means, say, Lemina can have a great few games and other clubs can't touch him until January, but on the other hand foreign clubs can still unsettle our players.

22 days to go until the window shuts wonder how much more business we will do? I still have the feeling the club would like to off load a few to trim the squad its just about finding someone who will actually take the likes of Forster, Boufal, Clasie, Davies and Long. Its looking hopeful on the players we all thought we might lose Bertrand, Cedric, Lemina and I guess the closer to the window the less chance we will sell (well you'd hope so anyway). I'm not convinced we will see anymore arrivals being optimistic perhaps one more before the window?

Can't say I'm overly fussed. We've signed 3 or 4 players and have only sold one, plus loans. Not expecting much more and not convinced that it would change much anyway. We just cannot go on signing players ad infinitum.

What we don't want is to get to that period between our transfer window closing and the European window closing, only for, say, Gabbiadini to then say he wants out back to Italy, meaning we either keep an unhappy player or have to sell him and find ourselves and injury away from using Long. That's why I'm torn with the early closing of our window. Yes, it means, say, Lemina can have a great few games and other clubs can't touch him until January, but on the other hand foreign clubs can still unsettle our players.

It's worrying but I hope gabbi would be more professional than say vvd and the like. Hopefully sparky has reignited his confidence and he'll be happy to stay anyway. Losing gabbi after the windows closure could be a disaster.

Defo need to get a striker incase something like that does happen.

Credible source?

Thought he was going to be very good but seemingly fizzled out in Germany.

Southampton interested in Danny Ings & Newcastle interested in Divock Origi. Both permanent deals.Oliver Bond (@Oliver__Bond) https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/1019359307006136321

Not sure if credible, bearing in mind the Ings link.

Edited by Saint Garrett

Liverpool fan in office, earlier this week, when I commented about the Ings link, commented that we should be asking them about Origi, that they would let him go.

I would rather Origi than Ings, at this stage.

6 goals in 31 games last year, do we really need that, Sammy G could score that many!

Liverpool fan in office, earlier this week, when I commented about the Ings link, commented that we should be asking them about Origi, that they would let him go.

I would rather Origi than Ings, at this stage.

They probably would. They have 8 forwards for 3 positions.

I've not included Lallana or Brewster in that either!

6 goals in 31 games last year, do we really need that, Sammy G could score that many!

I am on record here as saying I would keep Sammy G and any names I nominate are entirely on the premise that one of our strikers has left previously.

I was only ranking Origi above Ings. I/we acknowledge there is no link to Origi at this stage for us, only that my Liverpool fan colleague was suggesting he would be available for transfer/loan.

Personally, I think Origi would be a better signing than Ings. He looked promising when he first came on the scene at Liverpool and seem to remember him looking quite good for Belgium at that time as well. Seems to have gone off the boil since then, but if he was available for a decent price, could be one that we can develop as still only 23.

Ings and Origi are both gash aim higher get some quality in.

And who do you suggest, and don't say Mbappe! :)

Every name linked with us so far has been 'gash' according to Ally, the existing squad is also 'gash'. I won't hold my breath waiting for some suggestions!

That said, I wouldn't sign either. Origi would be a better bet than Ings, but I'd much prefer Sam Gallagher to get a extended chance.

Origi would be an excellent signing. Big, powerful lots of skill. Lost his way at Liverpool - mainly because Klopp doesn't want to play with a target man. Only 23 and knows the league, could be the player we lost when we sold Pelle.

Looks like Newcastle are in pole position and I get the feeling we would have to sell before we could bring him in.

Gallagher is 22 and is not in the same class as Origi.

Need a proper target man

My suggestions I don't care if I am ridiculed here we go :)

Peter Crouch imagine him in the box with that Verstergaard mush, let the games begin!

Bas Dost has a good goal record could he cut it in the Prem?

Oliver Giroud now this is ambitious unrealistic but is exactly the kind of player we need.

Sebastian Haller

Vydra ( Derby) decent record at championship could he make the step up?

Balotelli bit of a wildcard but I reckon he could do a job.

Moussa Dembélé

I'd say most of those are better than a injury prone Ings .......

Great window so far for incomings.

Poor window for outgoings. Likely to end up only loaning out Carrillo, Clasie, Forster and Boufal - who we spent approx £50m on.

Surely need to shift a few for cash to be able to do much in?

Need a proper target man

My suggestions I don't care if I am ridiculed here we go :)

Peter Crouch imagine him in the box with that Verstergaard mush, let the games begin!

Bas Dost has a good goal record could he cut it in the Prem?

Oliver Giroud now this is ambitious unrealistic but is exactly the kind of player we need.

Sebastian Haller

Vydra ( Derby) decent record at championship could he make the step up?

Balotelli bit of a wildcard but I reckon he could do a job.

Moussa Dembélé

I'd say most of those are better than a injury prone Ings .......

Vydra is not a target man :lol: if anything, he’s more of an attacking mid.

As for Giroud, get a grip, he’s clearly not going to come here now, is he. You’re a wally who talks out your arse mate.

Great window so far for incomings.

Poor window for outgoings. Likely to end up only loaning out Carrillo, Clasie, Forster and Boufal - who we spent approx £50m on.

Surely need to shift a few for cash to be able to do much in?

The club is actively looking to offload players but its really not that simple, the likelihood is that Nice are going to take Boufal off of our hands, Clasie likely will end up at Feyanoord. Also bare in mind that its only the prem window closing soon, the rest of Europe are on the standard end of August timeline and so not in a rush to conclude

We have looked for losn deals for FF, but its difficult, theres been a massive goalkeeper merry go round in the prem so his destinations are suitably reduced.

Probably also difficult as none of them are confirmed good enough for the prem, and are all on prem wages...not many clubs abroad can afford to pay that kind of money for these players so they'd be reluctant to go, hence the loans. The club is now paying for 4 dreadful transfer windows in a row.

Vydra is not a target man :lol: if anything, he’s more of an attacking mid.

As for Giroud, get a grip, he’s clearly not going to come here now, is he. You’re a wally who talks out your arse mate.

To be fair, he did use the words ambitious & unrealistic in his description of Giroud. That said, I'd be pretty disappointed in the recruitment team if they didn't at least make an enquiry to Chelsea & his agent to see if it was a possiblity and check expectations on transfer fee & wages.

Remember no-one though for one minute that little ol' Saints would sign Kevin Keegan, the reigning European Footballer of the Year.

How would you feel if we ignored him and he then ended up signing for West Ham or Crystal Palace?

Nixon saying he will run something Saints related Sunday.

Last couple of things he's run has been Boufal to Nice & Ings to Saints, so set your anticipation level depending how you feel about those 2 stories.

I'm unsure if it's an 'in' or 'out' story.

To be fair, he did use the words ambitious & unrealistic in his description of Giroud. That said, I'd be pretty disappointed in the recruitment team if they didn't at least make an enquiry to Chelsea & his agent to see if it was a possiblity and check expectations on transfer fee & wages.

Remember no-one though for one minute that little ol' Saints would sign Kevin Keegan, the reigning European Footballer of the Year.

How would you feel if we ignored him and he then ended up signing for West Ham or Crystal Palace?

Football's a bit different nowadays compared to 1980, though...

And let's be honest, West Ham and Crystal Palace would have a fairly obvious advantage in one aspect.

Edited by GGalpin

To be fair we don't need a lot, one more really good attacking player would probably do and RB/WB cover if they don't feel Reed is up to it.

Sometimes good players become available as other deals happen, so might be waiting to see what falls into place.

To be fair we don't need a lot, one more really good attacking player would probably do and RB/WB cover if they don't feel Reed is up to it.

Sometimes good players become available as other deals happen, so might be waiting to see what falls into place.

Let's hope so. Looking forward to seeing Elyounoussi in action, but if he gets injured we're looking a bit threadbare up top.