Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Those two wouldn't come, we couldn't afford the transfer fees and the unjustified wages they'd demand would blow our business model apart.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that's a joke. The point is we can be well coached and have great team spirit and also get in one or two standout players. We did it under poch and whilst I accept we are very unlikely to have that rare set of circumstances again, I do sense a feeling that most fans feel we could be doing a heck of a lot better than we have been with both recruitment and coaching.

How about coaching, team spirit and also getting in one or two stars like mane or alderweireld. It's not an either or thing.

Mané certainly was not a star when he came. Can you not remember the clamour about what a waste of space he was??

And get real. We are a club that cannot by polished diamonds. We buy them rough cut as that is what we can afford. The value is in our polishing them and selling to bigger clubs.

Mané certainly was not a star when he came. Can you not remember the clamour about what a waste of space he was??

And get real. We are a club that cannot by polished diamonds. We buy them rough cut as that is what we can afford. The value is in our polishing them and selling to bigger clubs.

Absolute cack. A couple of dribblers on here slagged mane off. The vast majority could see what a special talent he was. Wanyama was a special player when we bought him and celtics best player that had won praise from Barcelona and Toby had shown great potential as well. We can't buy mega stars but we can absolutely buy quality unlike some of our recent terrible buys that have been a complete waste.

I'm guessing that's a joke. The point is we can be well coached and have great team spirit and also get in one or two standout players. We did it under poch and whilst I accept we are very unlikely to have that rare set of circumstances again, I do sense a feeling that most fans feel we could be doing a heck of a lot better than we have been with both recruitment and coaching.
I'll accept that recruitment a d coaching have gone badly wrong in the last season or two.

No excuses for the coaching. Let's hope Sparky can do it.

Recruitment of the sort of targets we have is getting tougher. We used to pick up players under the radar, but they've all got agents now and plenty of greed. As soon as we show interest, they get touted round clubs with more money.

And it wasn't a joke - just realistic.

I'll accept that recruitment a d coaching have gone badly wrong in the last season or two.

No excuses for the coaching. Let's hope Sparky can do it.

Recruitment of the sort of targets we have is getting tougher. We used to pick up players under the radar, but they've all got agents now and plenty of greed. As soon as we show interest, they get touted round clubs with more money.

And it wasn't a joke - just realistic.

I accept its tougher but its not a coincidence that our recruitment success has fallen off a cliff once the influence of our old recruitment team has disappeared. The last player you could say who has been undeniably a success is probably vvd with most other buys since then at least being debatable and many being a shocking waste.

I accept its tougher but its not a coincidence that our recruitment success has fallen off a cliff once the influence of our old recruitment team has disappeared. The last player you could say who has been undeniably a success is probably vvd with most other buys since then at least being debatable and many being a shocking waste.
Yes, as I said, recruitment has gone badly wrong.

Yes, as I said, recruitment has gone badly wrong.

Stuart Taylor was a great one.... but not as good as this chap

Football Tweet

‏ @Football__Tweet

8m8 minutes ago

Paulo Lopes. Benfica's 40-year old third choice goalkeeper.

He's just retired having played 11 games in 13 seasons for the club, winning 12 trophies.

Yet again, people against playing Sims, Gallagher, Ward Prowse, Slattery etc.

People in favour of massive signings, despite - Boufal, Ramirez, Osvaldo, Carrillo...could even add Hoedt and Gabbiadini to that list in some ways. We've spent fortunes on record strikers the last 2 january windows. Let's not keep throwing money at a problem when it's clearly not that answer.

We haven't had a decent manager to form a coherent team, improve players and get them attacking since Koeman. That's the biggest problem. I'm tired of seeing players get worse or stand still.

Yes you’re right Adrian. Lets play a load of youngsters and avoid spending any money at all costs.

We should be building our team around these players. Gallagher was a goal machine for two seasons in the championship, hes going to rip up the premier league. ward Prowse is master at striking a free kick exactly a yard over the top corner, all he has to do is lower his aim slightly and he’ll be banging in 20 a season from free kicks alone not mentioned all the assists he’ll get from sticking he ball on Gallagher’s head. Slatterly, Sims, Valery, Rose, Jones, f*ck it lets send Vestergaard back and give Klarer a go, he looked class at centre back in the South Shields u23 Cup. I cant believe Hughes, who sees this lot every day isn’t into this already.

Yes you’re right Adrian. Lets play a load of youngsters and avoid spending any money at all costs.

We should be building our team around these players. Gallagher was a goal machine for two seasons in the championship, hes going to rip up the premier league. ward Prowse is master at striking a free kick exactly a yard over the top corner, all he has to do is lower his aim slightly and he’ll be banging in 20 a season from free kicks alone not mentioned all the assists he’ll get from sticking he ball on Gallagher’s head. Slatterly, Sims, Valery, Rose, Jones, f*ck it lets send Vestergaard back and give Klarer a go, he looked class at centre back in the South Shields u23 Cup. I cant believe Hughes, who sees this lot every day isn’t into this already.

So true!

wow so were a jewelry shop now?

Amen. If the youngsters were good enough they'd play. They don't because they're not.

There's too much sentiment at times. Sentiment doesn't win football matches.

People in favour of massive signings, despite - Boufal, Ramirez, Osvaldo, Carrillo...could even add Hoedt and Gabbiadini to that list in some ways. We've spent fortunes on record strikers the last 2 january windows. Let's not keep throwing money at a problem when it's clearly not that answer.

We haven't had a decent manager to form a coherent team, improve players and get them attacking since Koeman. That's the biggest problem. I'm tired of seeing players get worse or stand still.

Mane, Pelle and Big Vic didn't get worse or stand still, they left.

The only really class youth team players we had since being back in the prem were lallana and shaw, most of our success with the top 8 finishes came because of signings,vvd mane pelle wantama etc.

I think the youngsters who are really special get huge hype and are fast tracked into the team. Walcott bale and shaw had plenty of buzz around them

According to Euro United , Southampton has sent a bid of € 25m to Stanislav Lobotka . This offer was refused by Celta Vigo . Indeed, given the strong competition on the issue the Galician training could ask nearly 35M € to agree to sell its Slovakian international

https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/mercato-psg-394074

Has scored zero goals in his last three season. Get him in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen. If the youngsters were good enough they'd play. They don't because they're not.

There's too much sentiment at times. Sentiment doesn't win football matches.

And then you get the wallies who claim that you won't know how good they are until they get a chance, like we can afford to give a kid 15 games to prove themselves or not. Yeah give Gallagher a go and while we're at it let's give Stephens a go in defensive midfield, he could be decent there, don't forget Hesketh, he could be the new Tadic. Then everyone can slag the club off for relying on youth to keep us up rather than investing, what a lack of ambition! I didn't know wether to laugh or cry the other day when someone on another forum posted that Gallagher should be given a run of games and posted his goal record whilst on loan compared to Harry Kanes when he was as evidence he could be good. Dear me.

According to Euro United , Southampton has sent a bid of € 25m to Stanislav Lobotka . This offer was refused by Celta Vigo . Indeed, given the strong competition on the issue the Galician training could ask nearly 35M € to agree to sell its Slovakian international

Spurs linked with him over the past few days, possibly replace Dembele.

And then you get the wallies who claim that you won't know how good they are until they get a chance, like we can afford to give a kid 15 games to prove themselves or not. Yeah give Gallagher a go and while we're at it let's give Stephens a go in defensive midfield, he could be decent there, don't forget Hesketh, he could be the new Tadic. Then everyone can slag the club off for relying on youth to keep us up rather than investing, what a lack of ambition! I didn't know wether to laugh or cry the other day when someone on another forum posted that Gallagher should be given a run of games and posted his goal record whilst on loan compared to Harry Kanes when he was as evidence he could be good. Dear me.

It'd be like Lowe's Dutch duo championship experiment all over again.

The missing piece of the jigsaw.

Where the hell has that money come from?!

Has scored zero goals in his last three season. Get him in.

6 goals in 219 appearances. The Slovakian James Ward-Prowse. Is he capable of narrowly missing from every free kick he takes I wonder?

At one time our fabled scouting might have picked him up whilst he was a £10m player.

The missing piece of the jigsaw.

Of the MF jigsaw perhaps, but we also have pieces missing at RB and early indications are that the defensive pieces don't fit together either. Not to mention the goalscoring piece which has fallen out of the box completely.

6 goals in 219 appearances. The Slovakian James Ward-Prowse. Is he capable of narrowly missing from every free kick he takes I wonder?

Is a deep-lying playmaker - what we thought we were getting with Clasie, a poor man's Pirlo or an upmarket Safri. Absent that we have PEH and his sideways passing to look forward to.

Why are we again looking to strengthen in places thstvis not the priority? Mf probably our strongest area with romeau lemina, hojbjerg Armstrong ward profuse all capable of playing there.

Craeative player, striker or cb please !

Romeu isn’t very good so strengthening there is a good idea.

Also just read that from probably the same Arsenal twitter account that doesn't seem to have any credentials.

2 different sources....one that is verified to be correct in the past. Links to Arsenal.

The other appears to have a good track record also according to others.

We will see.

8b8ee8709e04e9d26946516d1193d3bc.png

Are you sure you didn't just see this appear on the #SaintsFC hashtag like 5 minutes before you posted it?

If you read the whole thread,follow the links back to the originators.

Those have more credibility than the example you have posted.

I think he's saying 3 out at Arsenal. Perez is off to West Ham' date=' Campbell must be off on another of his year long loans somewhere and maybe Welbeck is due at Staplewood. Here's hoping...[/quote']

I ‘d be happy with Welbeck. I don’t think that everyone will be happy with him, though.

I also think that one of Gallagher, Long, Austin and Gabbiadini would be on their way if Welbeck signs.