Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Reed in Spain trying to get get alcacer.

Due back for meeting with Hughes at 9am tomorrow.

Potentially 2 fringe players out.

Just passing on what I hear.

If this happens then I'll say this is a satisfactory window.

Reed in Spain trying to get get alcacer.

Due back for meeting with Hughes at 9am tomorrow.

Potentially 2 fringe players out.

Just passing on what I hear.

If we bring him in and the 2 to go are FF and Long, it would be a very good window for us.

I am hopeful of a better transfer window next season with some money to spend and some space on the wage bill. But first we need to make sure we survive this season. The Squad is pretty much the same in terms of quality and strength as last season - maybe a little bit stronger in some areas - but hopefully Hughes and his team can make a difference by motivating the players and giving them a plan.

Davis' contract comes to an end next summer and hopefully Boufal and Carillo will have done enough in Spain to be coveted by other clubs (and with a year less on their contracts as well easier to shift) so we can actually sell them - and free up some wages and maybe generate some cash. And Clasie with a year left on his contract will be easier to sell to Feyenoord or some other Dutch club. Same with Shane Long and a few others such such as Cedric and Yoshida who will also only have a year left and probably be easier to move on if we want to do so.

I would also expect Gabbiadini to make a return to Italy and possibly one big sale like Lemina if he comes good.

(To be honest we probably should be selling Cedric this summer with 2 years left on his contract - and replacing him - but I just don't think anyone wants him.)

Unfortunately I think we are back where we are with Lowe and Co - where it was about staying in the premier league (in other words standing still) to count the TV cash - and we all know where that ended up eventually. But maybe a bit worse because its also going to be about China and the Saints brand and not about the football or the club and its supporters.

I am hopeful of a better transfer window next season with some money to spend and some space on the wage bill. But first we need to make sure we survive this season. The Squad is pretty much the same in terms of quality and strength as last season - maybe a little bit stronger in some areas - but hopefully Hughes and his team can make a difference by motivating the players and giving them a plan.

Davis' contract comes to an end next summer and hopefully Boufal and Carillo will have done enough in Spain to be coveted by other clubs (and with a year less on their contracts as well easier to shift) so we can actually sell them - and free up some wages and maybe generate some cash. And Clasie with a year left on his contract will be easier to sell to Feyenoord or some other Dutch club. Same with Shane Long and a few others such such as Cedric and Yoshida who will also only have a year left and probably be easier to move on if we want to do so.

I would also expect Gabbiadini to make a return to Italy and possibly one big sale like Lemina if he comes good.

(To be honest we probably should be selling Cedric this summer with 2 years left on his contract - and replacing him - but I just don't think anyone wants him.)

Unfortunately I think we are back where we are with Lowe and Co - where it was about staying in the premier league (in other words standing still) to count the TV cash - and we all know where that ended up eventually. But maybe a bit worse because its also going to be about China and the Saints brand and not about the football or the club and its supporters.

It's largely irrelevant how well they do, nobody outside of England will be willing or able to match their wages. I think we are stuck with Long, Boufal, Forster, Clasie and Carrillo until their contracts expire, which isn't for a while unfortunately.

Can we get Alcacer and Lobotka while hes in Spain? Alot of reports saying we have bid 21 million for Lobotka. Would be an upgrade on Romeu

Aren't they different types of player ? Romeu a ballwinning DMF, and the other bloke one who is better passing it around. Think we probably need one of each.

Aren't they different types of player ? Romeu a ballwinning DMF, and the other bloke one who is better passing it around. Think we probably need one of each.

Cant remember the last time Romeu won a ball. Any footage ive seen of Lobotka, he picks it up deep and shifts it on, quite rapid too. Looks like a quicker schneiderlin

Cant remember the last time Romeu won a ball. Any footage ive seen of Lobotka, he picks it up deep and shifts it on, quite rapid too. Looks like a quicker schneiderlin
Sorry thats rubbish made big difference when he came on Saturday. He may not have hit heights of season before but he is our best defensive midfielder breaking it up.

His passing at times is poor but to say he doesnt win tackles is wrong

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Schneiderlin could break up the opposition as well though.

In training today Forster was not involved in any first team drills while Harrison Reed was not training with the squad either.

At the end of training all the players stayed on for extra drills plus a free kick competition. Taggert was sat down in the corner with his boots off talking on his phone.

Staying on after the free kick competition was Gallagher who was with Kelv and some other coach practicing bouncing off a defender and creating space for the cross which Mcqueen was whipping in.

This went on for 20 minutes and I would be staggered if they were looking at loaning out Gallagher.

Most certainly I would say Reed was on his way as he was fit because he was firing in a few shots with Mcqueen at the end.

Missing training today was JWP and Romeu while Hughes left half way through but I've read it's a managers meeting from someone on here.

The most impressive person in training today was Lemina as he was buzzing with the ball and very much part of the fun too.

Another strange thing was they changed the teams around three times and Westergaard was always marking Austin who never really did anything.

In training today Forster was not involved in any first team drills while Harrison Reed was not training with the squad either.

At the end of training all the players stayed on for extra drills plus a free kick competition. Taggert was sat down in the corner with his boots off talking on his phone.

Staying on after the free kick competition was Gallagher who was with Kelv and some other coach practicing bouncing off a defender and creating space for the cross which Mcqueen was whipping in.

This went on for 20 minutes and I would be staggered if they were looking at loaning out Gallagher.

Most certainly I would say Reed was on his way as he was fit because he was firing in a few shots with Mcqueen at the end.

Missing training today was JWP and Romeu while Hughes left half way through but I've read it's a managers meeting from someone on here.

The most impressive person in training today was Lemina as he was buzzing with the ball and very much part of the fun too.

Another strange thing was they changed the teams around three times and Westergaard was always marking Austin who never really did anything.

Thank you for the training day update

Any chance you can do some night time stalking around the players mrs’s. Would be a s**t sight more interesting than stalking the players.

Bedtime pictures would be great too, thanks in advance.

What makes you think we are interested when nearly every report has us not willing to pay 20m they want?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Because he's a sap who creates completely fictitious doomsday situations in his head and the goes fu cking on and on and on about them on here.

God help us if there's ever a war.

A couple of positive things about this summer among all the gloom.

We did our business quite early at least those players we have signed arrived early in pre-season and have been involved in training and playing friendlies that can only help in the early games of the season.

We replaced Tadic with a like for like type player ( yes I realise he might turn out not to be as good as Tadic) straight away something we have been guilty of not doing the last few transfer windows.

So while we might not have got all the players and cash spunked we would have liked maybe the club have learnt a couple of lessons after the last few windows.

...or is that a bit to positive?

You missed the biggest positive. The clown is gone. Ok, a bit before the summer, but close enough.

Thanks. I thought they'd chopped down your favourite vantage point. :-)

Found another spot!

If anyone knows Super Kelv can they tell him I meant no harm when he chased me off the site.

Had eyes like a bloody hawk unlike Forster who almost leant up against me.

Because he's a sap who creates completely fictitious doomsday situations in his head and the goes fu cking on and on and on about them on here.

God help us if there's ever a war.

Churchillian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that's that then. Poor window, Failed to address attacking issues once again. Severely lack pace and we'll be down there again.

Dear God.

The fact that he was terrible is irrelevant. We've let a £20m striker go and not signed a replacement.

We go into the season with a strike force proven to not score enough.

Let's hope Uncle Les is trolling us from Spain, and something comes out of the bag.

Dear God.

The fact that he was terrible is irrelevant. We've let a £20m striker go and not signed a replacement.

Let's hope Uncle Les is trolling us from Spain, and something comes out of the bag.

#Fictitiousdoomsdaysituation

Dear God.

utterly bizarre isnt it.

We were all over the PR game in Jan once VvD going to liverpool was out of the bag.

Sturridge was linked, Walcott even more so. Ran out of time for Promes and the club fed the line that the deal was set up for the summer.....

here we are, with NO ONE new in an area that was crippling us so much a few months ago, that we had to spend a club record amount on ANYONE.

then again, as a club that seems to only spend what it makes on player sales, this was always going to be the case this week,

More broken Promes from the club.

Another crap window. Another **** season expected

More fans annoyed and the next generation again encouraged to look elsewhere.

SFC is just here to make the management and owners a few £s and to make up the numbers in the Premier league

Keep blubbering and blubbering and blubbering about Lemina going right up until 5pm won't you, sweetheart?

Is that when ‘war’ starts, Captain Mainwaring?

Dear God.

Les & Ralph will need to wear their tin hates at the fans forum. There will be lots of angry fans.

More broken Promes from the club.

Another crap window. Another **** season expected

More fans annoyed and the next generation again encouraged to look elsewhere.

SFC is just here to make the management and owners a few £s and to make up the numbers in the Premier league

Exactly this.

You're going to have to go contrarian again buddy, as everyone is starting to agree with you...

But surely having Mark Hughes is enough. He has a better squad than Pellegrino, and is a far superior Manager.

As I have been told over and over - he's not going to do worse than Pellegrino, is he?

enough to keep us up. probably.

Found another spot!

If anyone knows Super Kelv can they tell him I meant no harm when he chased me off the site.

Had eyes like a bloody hawk unlike Forster who almost leant up against me.

I'm going to use one of my three posts to say that made me laugh! These little titbits are always interesting. Let's hope Lemina is getting his full fitness back, he doesn't seem to perform well when he's not 100%. I thought the bit about Gallagher was interesting, it's that sort of individual coaching that can improve players.

Dear God.

If CB is vocal against the club, then we should worry. The post was 100% correct IMO

Les & Ralph will need to wear their tin hates at the fans forum. There will be lots of angry fans.

No there won’t be! It’ll be a load of over weight people in saints shirts asking pointless questions about the formation, PA system, stadium expansion and half time refreshments with some waffle from Kruger and Reed going on about how well we planned this window so we got our signings in early.