Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Too soon? Can I actually start thinking about Premier league signings rather than Championship?

- Dominating centre-back please.

- Goal scoring No.10

- Speedster winger

- Actual top notch striker

- Standard replacements for any annual leavers.

Assuming there's not a 10 goal swing on saturday!

I think new signings will depend on who leaves. A few who wanted out, could be happier now they have a manager they trust. Some who wanted out have probably done enough to put off the bigger clubs for another season!

It's exciting to think that we (nearly nearly) have a fresh start now.

Internally the club need sorting out as well. Many changes on and off the pitch. We are interested in surrounding land. Missed out on one bit due to missing a deadline....have to wait on the other bit.

On and off the pitch, we can only get better.

Cheers for the update.

You're right. I think off field stuff will be as interesting to see what develops.

From google translate

“Celta and Pione Sisto will be very attentive at the end of the Premier League. Several British media have informed in the last days of the interest of the Southampton in the hiring of the Danish international of the equipment vigués, assuring even that it could get to offer 20 million Euros by its services.

But the condition sine qua non is that the English team remain in the Premier League next year, something practically left made yesterday Mark Hughes team after defeating Swansea in Wales with a goal from Gabbiadini that gives virtual salvation.

The rojiblanco team now stands with 36 points, three ahead of Swansea. In the last day, which takes place next Sunday, it is enough to achieve a draw at home against Manchester City or that Swansea does not win in their match against Stoke. In addition, if you do not score and the Welsh team wins, you still have a favorable goal difference of +9 over Swansea.

If he achieves permanence, he will try to sign Pione Sisto. We will see then how the celestial team reacts, since the end has a long-term contract, and a high clause, 40 million euros, which will allow it to maintain a strong position in the negotiation, much more if we consider that Celta is going to enter this year for the sale of several players and will not urgently need that money.”

Celtic and Pione Sisto will be very attentive to the end of the Premier League. Several British media have reported in recent days in the interest of the Southampton in the hiring of the Danish international team from Vigo, making even that could provide 20 million euros for his services.

But the sine qua non condition is that the English team remain in the Premier League next year, something that practically Mark Hughes after defeating team left made yesterday the Swansea in Wales with a goal from Gabbiadini giving you virtual salvation.

Atletico team lies now with 36 points, three ahead of Swansea. On the last day, which takes place next Sunday, it's enough to achieve a draw at home against Manchester City or Swansea does not win in their clash against Stoke. In addition, should it fail to score and the Welsh team to win, it still has a favorable goal difference of + 9 with respect to the Swansea.

If you manage to stay, try the signing of Pione Sisto. We will then see how reacts team light blue, since the end is long-term contract, and a high clause, EUR 40 million, which will allow you to maintain a position of strength in negotiating, much more if we take into account that Celtic will enter This year from the sale of several players and no need to urgently that money.

There is no news in that, it is simply a rehash of reports in the English tabloids and it admits that within the article.

Thanks for letting me know, MLG -- Keep up the great work!

Extra thanks to the other posters who translated it without being helmets.

We are interested in surrounding land. Missed out on one bit due to missing a deadline

Interesting tangental ITK snippet of info there LeG. Anything you can expand upon? e.g. which bit of land did we miss out on and how critical was it to Gao's plans for the area around the stadium?

Cheers

I'm puzzled why you've jumped to that. Read back what I said word for word and you'll see I wasn't being a helmet at all in either post.

And the reason you can’t see it is the reason you annoy people.

Hoedt to go on a heading training course

A sisto, promes type.E.g pace, trickery and end product

Clear dead wood - Boufal and one of long,Gabbiadini,Austin or Carillo to leave (I can see Carillo going out on loan somewhere), Forster and probably a few others.

Learn our lessons from this year and move upwards

Hoedt to go on a heading training course

A sisto, promes type.E.g pace, trickery and end product

Clear dead wood - Boufal and one of long,Gabbiadini,Austin or Carillo to leave (I can see Carillo going out on loan somewhere), Forster and probably a few others.

Learn our lessons from this year and move upwards

As I drove to work this morning, basking in the glow of yesterday’s result, I had this sudden worry that Les, Ralph et al will look at the last few games, conclude that the problems were all manager-related after all and proceed into next season without making significant changes to the playing squad.

So what are we going to do with Reed, Gallagher and Targett?

Targett I guess depends on Ryan. We've also got Vokins in the background who is pretty highly thought of.

I'd let Reed and Gallagher move on, neither of them have really stood out in poor championship teams.

Too soon? Can I actually start thinking about Premier league signings rather than Championship?

- Goal scoring No.10

- Speedster winger

- Actual top notch striker

- Standard replacements for any annual leavers.

I’m looking forward to another PL transfer season. Hopefully it’s considerably better than last year’s dud.

Convince Ryan Sessegnon that he's better of getting game time with us than going to a top 6 clubs bench, highlight the likes of Walcott, Chamberlain etc. who never fulfilled their potential.

Rehabilitate Shaw to play behind him.

Am I right in thinking the transfer window closes earlier this season? So we need to act quickly and decisively especially with the World Cup inbetween.

In that case we will most probably part company with Hughes, dally over a new appointment and then get left scrambling around for players on the deadline.

Am I right in thinking the transfer window closes earlier this season? So we need to act quickly and decisively especially with the World Cup inbetween.

In that case we will most probably part company with Hughes, dally over a new appointment and then get left scrambling around for players on the deadline.

Come on, Baggy, get with the beat. Hughes is in discussions as we speak and we expect smoke signals before nightfall announcing he has signed an extended contract. Call in to Shaquiri tomorrow. The play has begun.

Come on, Baggy, get with the beat. Hughes is in discussions as we speak and we expect smoke signals before nightfall announcing he has signed an extended contract. Call in to Shaquiri tomorrow. The play has begun.

+1 for the Jungle Book reference.

Originally Posted by SuperSAINT viewpost-right.png Too soon? Can I actually start thinking about Premier league signings rather than Championship?

Would Robert Huth count as that?

15:08

BREAKING NEWS

Robert Huth to leave Leicester City at the end of the season.

Leicester Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: "Players like Robert have been so important to our club in the last three years, not just for his qualities as a footballer, but for his qualities as a character.

"He’s a leader, a winner and a player whose commitment to the team has made him equally popular among our players and our supporters. His status as a Leicester City great is very much secure."

Would you go for Mawson? I'd like to think he's on the list.

Not a huge fan if I'm honest. If we're going british go out there and get Evans. (£3m apparently).

There are a couple of players in france who could fit the bill though. They both play for Toulouse....let's get them both.

Not a huge fan if I'm honest. If we're going british go out there and get Evans. (£3m apparently).

There are a couple of players in france who could fit the bill though. They both play for Toulouse....let's get them both.

The French route probably gets better value.

Not a centre-back, but I wonder if Maddison might be worth a move.

Am I the only one who doesn't want Shaquiri anywhere near us. He really isn't the kind of player we need to move forward from here

He's just another Tadic really, but more capable of a random worldy. Not sure he's what we need either, I don't remember him being particularly quick - he's just another 'cut inside' type of player. We have enough of those!

More than happy to leave him to Everton...

The French route probably gets better value.

Not a centre-back, but I wonder if Maddison might be worth a move.

Maybe we could strike a deal for Harry Reed....(one thing going for us, we have players like Gallagher/Targett etc who would be first picks for 90% of NPC teams)

Maybe we could strike a deal for Harry Reed....(one thing going for us, we have players like Gallagher/Targett etc who would be first picks for 90% of NPC teams)

Possibly so!

Think their parachute payments stop now so they will likely have to sell him.

As I drove to work this morning, basking in the glow of yesterday’s result, I had this sudden worry that Les, Ralph et al will look at the last few games, conclude that the problems were all manager-related after all and proceed into next season without making significant changes to the playing squad.

disagree with that statement completely.

Ralph et al will look at the last few games. Conclude that two of our three most expensive signings weren't involved on the pitch and reassess buying strategy.

If we had an underperforming squad that is now performing why do we need to threaten that by changing it all around again? Continuity generally leads to improvement under the right manager. Of course if I was fine tuning things I would get a decent centre back in. Otherwise try to keep the squad intact now it has a different mentality.

Snog, marry, avoid.

Snog Gallagher (he's a striker - glory boy that wouldn't stick around long term)

Marry Reed (got a soft spot for gingers - my wife's ginger - no more to say there)

Avoid Targett (have you seen him - just not my type I'm afraid)

Reading the telegraph article posted in the 'Mark Hughes' thread, I am concerned this is going to be closer to the truth than any Saints fan could fear or possibly think true.

Bednarek and Hojbjerg (and Hoedt to a lesser extent) have stepped up well enough given our predicament, they've certainly given it their all, but I'm not sure they are quite ready to be heralded as evidence that the club have got everything right.

Reading the telegraph article posted in the 'Mark Hughes' thread, I am concerned this is going to be closer to the truth than any Saints fan could fear or possibly think true.

Bednarek and Hojbjerg (and Hoedt to a lesser extent) have stepped up well enough given our predicament, they've certainly given it their all, but I'm not sure they are quite ready to be heralded as evidence that the club have got everything right.

These are all young players, to which you can add JWP, Stephens, Sims, and even Redmond. I expect them all to improve with experience, although I have some concern at CB, where I would replace Yoshi (although I love the guy) with a dominant CB. Especially if we continue to play 3 at the back.

These are all young players, to which you can add JWP, Stephens, Sims, and even Redmond. I expect them all to improve with experience, although I have some concern at CB, where I would replace Yoshi (although I love the guy) with a dominant CB. Especially if we continue to play 3 at the back.

I don't think our comments are mutually exclusive. You are right, but to me they do not ooze PL quality yet. Nor do the others you have listed (though I really like Sims, want to see more of him). The way the article is written makes it sound like the board are patting themselves on the back for some more brilliant signings. They might prove to be, but they're not at the moment. I'm happy for these players to be sniffing around the first team, getting some game time and if they're improving given a first team berth, but I'd be concerned if we went into next year with the belief that the current crop of players will do just fine under Hughes' management.

He's just another Tadic really, but more capable of a random worldy. Not sure he's what we need either, I don't remember him being particularly quick - he's just another 'cut inside' type of player. We have enough of those!

More than happy to leave him to Everton...

I'd say he's even more of a luxury player than Tadic is. Tadic might not be defensively minded, but he does track back a bit, keeps his position etc. Shaqiri doesn't bother with that side of the game.

What I would say though, is that Hughes signed Shaqiri, Arnautovic and Bojan, so he clearly values having those types of players (though for a while Arnautovic and Shaqiri rarely played together, so obviously doesn't like to overdo it). Maybe he will value Tadic in a similar way and get the best out of him.

(somewhere, in a parallel universe, a manager is getting the best out of Dusan Tadic for more than one in five matches...)

Toulouse are absolute rubbish and all of their players are Championship standard at best. We need to learn from Boufal, Carrillo and Lemina. If it comes from France, is over 20 and Real and Barca don't want it, leave it be.

Toulouse are absolute rubbish and all of their players are Championship standard at best. We need to learn from Boufal, Carrillo and Lemina. If it comes from France, is over 20 and Real and Barca don't want it, leave it be.

What's Benjamin Bourigeaud of Rennes like (I know, not a defender)?

Let's give Berahino a shot from Stoke City. I firmly believe there are 20+ goals a season within him. He'll cost peanuts too. Daryl Pennant mentioned it on Twitter the other week.

Let's give Berahino a shot from Stoke City. I firmly believe there are 20+ goals a season within him. He'll cost peanuts too. Daryl Pennant mentioned it on Twitter the other week.
sorry are you serious? His last goal was when Terry Waite was released.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk