Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Yeah, i'd rather not have a player that can score goals from nothing 30 yards out, score free kicks, pick out a killer pass because he is perceived as "stroppy" and just have 11 Shane Longs running around and trying really hard.
Wrong account.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yeah, i'd rather not have a player that can score goals from nothing 30 yards out, score free kicks, pick out a killer pass because he is perceived as "stroppy" and just have 11 Shane Longs running around and trying really hard.
I have to say that your use of English, considering it is not your first language and the speed at which you have picked up on "Forum Phraseology" is very impressive. Well done!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by miserableoldgit

I have to say that your use of English, considering it is not your first language and the speed at which you have picked up on "Forum Phraseology" is very impressive. Well done!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have you seen his twitter account that was conveniently opened in March 2018 as well.

Someone has been busy with photoshop...

Promes and Shaqiri in the ‘new kit’.....1e0ce91808668ac449816772aa0da9a3.jpg

df2ac563d2ccf4184861e3bd9c95a1b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On first glance I thought it said 'SHORT' behind Shaqiri. Say what you see :)

Kit doesn't look great, unless you are a Bournemouth fan.

Mo Barrow at Reading? Ok, so have only seen him play twice last season but he was excellent. Lightning quick, went past people for fun, scared (Championship) defenders sh1tless. Realise it didn't work out for him at Swansea (though they did have that mad Yank while he was there) so would be a gamble but could turn out to be the Mane replacement we need if Promes etc. doesn't happen.

Not seen who reported it for The Sun, but would be good if true.

SHAQIRI TOPS SAINTS LIST

Mark Hughes will step up his pursuit of Stoke City playmaker Xherdan Shaqiri after securing his long-term future at Southampton.

The Sun report that the Welshman, who signed a three-year deal at St Mary's this week, wants to be reunited with the Swiss international after Stoke's relegation from the Premier League.

New Stoke manager Gary Rowett faces an uphill task convincing Shaqiri to stay at the bet365 Stadium, but a deal could suit all parties.

He's linking up with the Koeman-managed Dutch squad for the World Cup, and both of us and Newcastle have been linked with him. We didn't sack Koeman, so here's hoping he prefers us to Everton and influences him towards the South Coast!

He's linking up with the Koeman-managed Dutch squad for the World Cup, and both of us and Newcastle have been linked with him. We didn't sack Koeman, so here's hoping he prefers us to Everton and influences him towards the South Coast!

The Dutch aren't in the world cup. Might have a couple of friendlies though.

I still question how to fit Tadic and Shaqiri in a team. Promes just slots in opposite flank to Tadic.

If 343 again, is Tadic/Austin/Shaqiri too slow? Tadic/Gabbiadini/Shaqiri maybe? Would have decent movement, but 3 left footers. Not sure if that matters or not.

They don't all have to fit, we need options in those positions.

Tadic was woeful for 3/4s of the season, maybe bad management, but if we had Shaqiri there to challenge him then he should play better and we'll score more goals.

The most valuable thing I think Shaqiri would bring to us is goals from outside the box, we have barely anyone that scores from longer range and those sort of goals can nick wins where we don't play that well.

We definitely need some more pace though, if not Promes someone of that ilk.

It was already agreed for this summer, no?

*cough*

Yeah, what a load of tripe that was.

I even remember Pellegrino having a minor dig about the club needing to move quicker on transfers when we c*cked that deal up.

They don't all have to fit, we need options in those positions.

Tadic was woeful for 3/4s of the season, maybe bad management, but if we had Shaqiri there to challenge him then he should play better and we'll score more goals.

The most valuable thing I think Shaqiri would bring to us is goals from outside the box, we have barely anyone that scores from longer range and those sort of goals can nick wins where we don't play that well.

We definitely need some more pace though, if not Promes someone of that ilk.

Of course they have to fit. Perhaps at a top 6 club they might be willing to bench sit but I don’t see it at saints.

Shaqiri’s attitude is horrendous too.

The black box has apparently been watching Aden Flint of Bristol City. I know nothing about him, but FourFourTwo magazine rated him the best defender in the Championship last season.

Big dude. Linked with Fulham for £9m.

Edin Džeko available from Roma? Proper proven PL quality, just the type of target man we need.

Him, an experienced centre back and a quick pace winger, job done.

I wonder if there will be a change of emphasis. Hughes always strikes me as someone who is more interested in established players rather than those needing a lot of development. Maybe an experienced forward, like Dzeko, would do us the world of good although I'm not sure we could tempt him.

Edin Džeko available from Roma? Proper proven PL quality, just the type of target man we need.

Would be great and would have probably been reachable a few seasons ago - reckon he'll end up at West Ham.

Are we just disregarding Chelsea being unable to finalise a £50m move for him in January?

I feel like there's a small chance Champions League semi finalist Roma's player of the year might have better options than joining Saints for a relegation fight.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

We need someone who can hold the ball up like Pele or Lambert. We've really missed that and it hits our ability to bring others into the play. Everything bounces off Austin in comparison to those two.

Bring back Crouchie!

Josh king has to be worth a shout then

Isn't he just a taller, younger Shane Long with slightly better ball control?

He's only had one season in his career when he's got into double figures for goals, the rest of the time he's been pretty mediocre.

Every year I tell myself not to get surprised by the prices in the transfer window.... (Posting this here because we've been mentioned before).

LEICESTER PONDER £40M GREALISH MOVE

Leicester are considering a bid for Aston Villa’s highly rated midfielder Jack Grealish, SSN understands.

With Riyad Mahrez closing in on a £60m move to Man City, Leicester have the funds to strengthen their resources in midfield and believe the 22-year old would be the perfect fit.

SSN also understands that both Arsenal and Man Utd have monitored Grealish’s form in recent months.

Villa are keen to keep hold of the talented former England and Ireland U21 international, but appreciate that may be impossible after their Play Off final defeat confirmed another year in the Championship.

Grealish has two years left on his contract, however, the club remains under pressure to balance the books. If Grealish does leaves Villa Park, we understand the club would be looking to recoup around £40m.