Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

We thought we had enough with Austin, Gabbi and Long and thought Gallaghers development would be best served with game time in the Championship, rather than not getting into a match day squad. That's perfectly reasonable, especially when you're only planning to have one front man on the pitch.

Hopefully with Hughes we will use formations with more forwards on the pitch at once, but being 4th choice for one place in Pellegrinos formation is crazy.

By "we" you mean that moron Reed, I presume? Most of us knew that we were desperately short in attack last season, and so it proved to be true (and still is).

I wanted us to sign him last summer. Can't see him coming here now.

I doubt it but we should be able to compete with Palace for his signature surely? He’s said he’s waiting until after the World Cup to decide about his future. It doesn’t sound like he’s desperate to go to Palace permanently.

I doubt it but we should be able to compete with Palace for his signature surely? He’s said he’s waiting until after the World Cup to decide about his future. It doesn’t sound like he’s desperate to go to Palace permanently.

Everything with Chelsea is up in the air at the moment. Imagine we could compete with Palace if he were allowed to go, but he had a good season for them & he's a local lad from around there too.

Everything with Chelsea is up in the air at the moment. Imagine we could compete with Palace if he were allowed to go, but he had a good season for them & he's a local lad from around there too.

Yes, but have they got a dome and other expensive training facilities like we have? (Even I’m not sure if I’ve said that tongue-in-cheek).

Loftus Cheek would be fantastic. Good with the ball, creative and athletic. However I'm sure Palace know what they've got there, and if he has a good World Cup then Chelsea might even decide to keep him.

If he has a good world cup and Chelsea still decide to let him go, someone like Everton or Leicester will come in for him and outbid/outshine the likes of us or Palace.

If he has a good world cup and Chelsea still decide to let him go, someone like Everton or Leicester will come in for him and outbid/outshine the likes of us or Palace.

With our current management team I think we'd struggle negotiating against Palace let alone Everton and Leicester.

Even last summer we lost out to palace (FDB)

With our current management team I think we'd struggle negotiating against Palace let alone Everton and Leicester.

Good bit of fishing, but simply not true.

We didn’t even consider FDB. In fact we actually beat palace to Pellegrino.

Poor effort. Don't know if Brett from Cameroon (Ekon) has stolen your thunder or you're deliberately sabotaging this account to allow your alter ego to blossom. But you've been off your game of late.

#sad

With Lemina, Hojbjerg and Romeu, that is probably the one area of our squad we don't need to spend out on this summer.

He’s better than at least 2 of them so I wouldn’t mind.

Sure, but the priority for any money we do spend shouldn't really be on probably our best covered position. Do you not agree?

Any combination of those three are poorer than Vic/Morgan so I’d be happy to sell one and shuffle the pack/replace to try and improve CM. Can still improve other areas?

Carvalho, Sisto and Felipe Anderson linked with Saints?

Please give over as they don’t fit our transfer model.

We buy players that are benchwarmers plus would be willing to play for

our club if no other team is willing to offer you more money in wages.

Carvalho, Sisto and Felipe Anderson linked with Saints?

Please give over as they don’t fit our transfer model.

We buy players that are benchwarmers plus would be willing to play for

our club if no other team is willing to offer you more money in wages.

We're in that 'leak a few names we have no hope of getting in order to get season ticket sales' time of year. Then it will be Gareth Barry on a three year deal

As a former international striker himself I would be interested to see if Hughes can make something out of Carillo. At $20M he only needs to improve him to be half the player Grealish is to break even.

One of Stoke's problems was that they never seemed to get their striker signings right.

Seems like Crouch has been their best striker for the last 5 or 6 seasons.

It's a shame there's no money available... :(
Ralphy clearly said all the VVD cash could be reinvested so there is still a big chunk of that, even before the eye watering TV money.

Things will get interesting if they do play that card though!

Hopefully we are setting things up quietly behind the scenes, a few clubs are starting to be active now and we arguably have more to do.