Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

Shaqiri would offer us something we currently don’t have and that’s someone who can hit the ball (and score) from outside the box and at the reported £12m is a steal.

I do however agree that we are crying out for some pace.

Whilst I highly rate Tadic, he is inconsistent. I’d like to see us go into next season with:

Tadic

Sisto / Promes (would prefer sisto)

Shaqiri

Redmond

Sims

A combination of pace and creativity and a few (Tadic, Dhaqiri and Redmond) can play across the front 3.

If we can get that creativity behind them, I think Austin / Gabbi would do very well.

You seem to be a fan of Sisto. In all the clips I've seen of him he appears to do exactly the same as Redmond - i.e. cut inside as soon as he is faced with a defender, before passing the ball off. I've barely seen him go past anyone (whereas Promes, on the other hand, is very direct).

Have you seen enough of Sisto to know that this isn't a true reflection of how he plays? Or do you think that given we seem to destined to play this way (hence perservering with Redmond on the left), we may as well get someone who plays that role a bit better?

You seem to be a fan of Sisto. In all the clips I've seen of him he appears to do exactly the same as Redmond - i.e. cut inside as soon as he is faced with a defender, before passing the ball off. I've barely seen him go past anyone (whereas Promes, on the other hand, is very direct).

Have you seen enough of Sisto to know that this isn't a true reflection of how he plays? Or do you think that given we seem to destined to play this way (hence perservering with Redmond on the left), we may as well get someone who plays that role a bit better?

If I’m honest, I’ve seen little of them both (I’ve seen more is Sisto though). I remember sisto being the stand out player (for me) when we played against Midtjylland and a few games in La Liga and id compare him more to Mane (quick, good on the hall and decent in front of goal) than Redmond.

As for Promes, I’ve only really seen him in a friendly for Holland where I thought he looked pretty average, if I’m honest.

Gut feel is that Sisto will do well at the WC and get snapped up by a bigger club. I hope not as he looks a player.

Tadic/Promes/Shaqiri/Sims would be great options to have. Honestly don't think we need a new striker if we have them competing for 2 or 3 places. Austin and Gabbiaidni can do it, and I'd like to see Carrillo actually get a chance in a good attacking side. He did ok for Monaco and it's not like we're expecting a 25 goal striker. If you get 10 goals here now you're going to be loved.

Tend to agree.

If Carrillo can learn to hold the ball up and bring in 2 / 3 of the attacking players around him he’ll do alright imo.

Tend to agree.

If Carrillo can learn to hold the ball up and bring in 2 / 3 of the attacking players around him he’ll do alright imo.

I don't think he's dead in the water yet either , Didn't he get 2 assists in his small amount of playing time last season ?

I don't think he's dead in the water yet either , Didn't he get 2 assists in his small amount of playing time last season ?

One very good assist v West Brom to be fair. I wouldn't write him off just yet, I'm hoping he comes good.

One very good assist v West Brom to be fair. I wouldn't write him off just yet, I'm hoping he comes good.

That's comical. It was a loopy hoick, certainly not anything particularly good. Now Tadic's impeccable control of the high ball and composure to finish was nice.

Hope we get shot of Carrillo immediately.

That's comical. It was a loopy hoick, certainly not anything particularly good. Now Tadic's impeccable control of the high ball and composure to finish was nice.

Who knows. He might come good, but if he goes, it'll be a loan at best, I reckon.

Would definitely take him, but we'll see if we're willing to pay his wages.

We currently pay some people more than he is on at Stoke so it would really depend who else is interested and what they are willing to offer.

If Shaqiri does come in my guess is that Tadic is off to Ajax. I don’t think we would bring in just Shaqiri and not a pacey winger that our attack needs. Promes deal could be held up as Spartak haven’t signed their replacement yet due to the Russian window not being open?

If Shaqiri does come in my guess is that Tadic is off to Ajax. I don’t think we would bring in just Shaqiri and not a pacey winger that our attack needs. Promes deal could be held up as Spartak haven’t signed their replacement yet due to the Russian window not being open?

I don't really see Tadic going to Ajax. He's 29 & unless we are selling him at a mega cut price, I just don't see it.

My sources tell me we are the only interested party. Spurs fan in office has listed their targets and they don't include Shakira.

Is your source the Spurs fan?

If he has a release clause, you'd have thought it wouldn't take long to activate it. (Les & Ross probably discussing how they can drag out a transfer that has a release clause)

**Braces himself for MLG tirade**

Shaqiri would offer us something we currently don’t have and that’s someone who can hit the ball (and score) from outside the box and at the reported £12m is a steal.

I do however agree that we are crying out for some pace.

Whilst I highly rate Tadic, he is inconsistent. I’d like to see us go into next season with:

Tadic

Sisto / Promes (would prefer sisto)

Shaqiri

Redmond

Sims

A combination of pace and creativity and a few (Tadic, Dhaqiri and Redmond) can play across the front 3.

If we can get that creativity behind them, I think Austin / Gabbi would do very well.

I'd be okay with

Tadic

Redmond

Sims

Hesketh

New (1. Promes 2. Shaqiri 3. Sisto)

Still rate long, Austin and Gabbiadini. Hope Carillo comes good. Need someone new if anyone leaves.

Would like to see Hesketh and Sims play more next season.

Need a Central Defender, a big powerfull lad.

Saints mentioned in Ademola Lookman story...

Leipzig pushing for permanent Lookman deal

Red Bull Leipzig are pushing to try and sign Ademola Lookman permanently.

Everton winger Lookman enjoyed an impressive spell on loan with the Bundesliga side during the second half of the season to help them secure a Europa League second qualifying round place.

He scored five times in just seven starts and four further substitute appearances after moving to Germany having struggled for game time under former Toffees boss Sam Allardyce.

Red Bull have now held initial talks with Everton about keeping Lookman, 20, long term.

Everton, with new manager Marco Silva now in charge, are understood to be reluctant to let him go despite handing him just eight starts in his year at the club following his £10m move from Charlton in January 2017.

But Lookman is open to remaining at Leipzig having settled well in Germany and enjoyed the chance to play regularly.

He also has suitors in England with Tottenham and Southampton having expressed their interest in Lookman.

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-liverpool-12644761

Yeah screw him, I'm sure we've all seen enough to know he could never come close to Long's one goal a season.

I’d move long on as well. If we are going to be giving a chance to someone, i’d Prefer it to be gallagher who hasn’t been given one despite a more promising beginning.

If I’m honest, I’ve seen little of them both (I’ve seen more is Sisto though). I remember sisto being the stand out player (for me) when we played against Midtjylland and a few games in La Liga and id compare him more to Mane (quick, good on the hall and decent in front of goal) than Redmond.

As for Promes, I’ve only really seen him in a friendly for Holland where I thought he looked pretty average, if I’m honest.

Gut feel is that Sisto will do well at the WC and get snapped up by a bigger club. I hope not as he looks a player.

Fair enough, I also remember him looking lively for Midtjylland against us (though didn't he only come on as sub in one game?) My concern is that when I watched the staple youtube video of all his best stuff, his play is very reminiscent of Redmond, in that he looks like he has quick feet but he never actually takes anyone on. He just cuts inside and passes every time he's faced with a defender. Now I know these youtube videos don't accurately portray how good someone is, but I'm guessing it is meant to demonstrate his best stuff, and surely taking people on would be included in that. At the very least, it gives an idea of the style of their play, which doesn't appear to be very direct at all.

Of course, it could just be a product of playing in Spain. No doubt Keith Gillespie and Stuart Ripley would be taught to cut inside and pass if they were playing under the guidance of managers like Pellegrino. Will be interesting to see how Denmark use him. Interestingly I just googled him and it says "a right winger for Celta Vigo", and I think I recall him playing right side for Midtjylland, yet in virtually all the clips I've seen it shows him playing on the left (cue another Redmond comparison!)

Yeah that's comical as well, good lay off, good run, very clever hoick as you put it given the defender was on the right side and touch tight. Yes Tadic finished but without a very good set up he doesn't get the chance.

I get the fact that Carillo has not started well and people want to knock him, but credit where it's due. I hope he gets more of a chance and comes good.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's comical as well, good lay off, good run, very clever hoick as you put it given the defender was on the right side and touch tight. Yes Tadic finished but without a very good set up he doesn't get the chance.

I get the fact that Carillo has not started well and people want to knock him, but credit where it's due. I hope he gets more of a chance and comes good.

Not started well? That's an understatement! There's a chance he won't play for us again.

Not started well? That's an understatement! There's a chance he won't play for us again.

But, if you take the number of games he has played, divide that with the number of goals he has scored, multiply that by Pi and add 1.7 and subtract all forms of reality.

Carrillo is pound for pound our best striker

Very true, but I like to give player's a fair chance and not write them off too quickly. Would you believe that not so very long ago we had people on here telling us that Pelle was rubbish and that we should offload him.

Bet those same said people would've given their right arm for him to still be here last session don't you think?

But, if you take the number of games he has played, divide that with the number of goals he has scored, multiply that by Pi and add 1.7 and subtract all forms of reality.

Carrillo is pound for pound our best striker

I know you're trying to be funny, but this is the type of post I really hate on here. No value add just cynicism. Why don't you suggest how things can be improved rather than do the oh so easy let's point out how crap everything is post. Anyone no brain can do that

I know you're trying to be funny' date=' but this is the type of post I really hate on here. No value add just cynicism. Why don't you suggest how things can be improved rather than do the oh so easy let's point out how crap everything is post. Anyone no brain can do that[/quote']

I think things can be improved by signing a good striker

Nothing from the Carrillo signing gave an indication it would work

The more I'm following the transfer market plus the gossip around our club, I'm starting to believe we will get some of the following.

PLAYERS IN WITH THE MONEY IN OUR KITTY:

Gibson - Boro (Reckon we are sorting out a price as we speak)

Shaqiri - Stoke (Pretty well known that he is available at 12m)

Promes - CKSA (We need a pacy winger and I reckon it's a matter of time before it's going to be announced)

PLAYERS OUT TO RAISE SOME EXTRA FUNDS:

Boufal - Off back to France and we are probably trying to get a few extra quid.

Gabby - Off to Italy as IMHO he has not settled in the UK as his wife does not want to live here.

NEEDED EXTRA WITH THE BOUFAL AND GABBY MONEY:

Target man with height and pace (nobody springs to mind but a dream would be Bas Dost)

Midfield hardman with loads of energy (Would love Maddison from Norwich but I fear he might be too crocked)

CEDRIC AND BERTRAND LEAVING?

Get a right and left back in as a like for like. Use Stephens, Yoshida and Valerie as cover (right) while Taggert is capable as a cover (left)

SUMMARY:

Leader and captain in defence

Hardman in midfield

Pacy winger

Good target striker

Edited by Pilchards

He scores every other game FFS.

Every. Other. Game.

I don’t believe we should write Carrillo off and based on his record, he could certainly do a job in the Prem.

His league record is 191 games (7 of which for Saints), 43 goals. The 7 games Saints would be an unfair assessment IMO based on the fact MP had less than no idea what he was doing and the senior pro’s at the club spent the season embarrassing themselves rather than showing any effort to help the younger guys, especially new additions.

Hope he gets a fresh go at it next season myself.

Very true, but I like to give player's a fair chance and not write them off too quickly. Would you believe that not so very long ago we had people on here telling us that Pelle was rubbish and that we should offload him.

Bet those same said people would've given their right arm for him to still be here last session don't you think?

I expect everyone would be happy for him to suddenly look great but at what point is it acceptable to comment on the evidence in front of you and question the wisdom of a signing? Half a season is plenty of time to give an indication and personally I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest hen is anywhere near good enough for us. Pelle had his moments but I didn't take anyone seriously who didn't think he was a decent Premier league player virtually from the start. Same with mane. I haven't seen anything from this bloke that would suggest that.

I expect everyone would be happy for him to suddenly look great but at what point is it acceptable to comment on the evidence in front of you and question the wisdom of a signing? Half a season is plenty of time to give an indication and personally I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest hen is anywhere near good enough for us. Pelle had his moments but I didn't take anyone seriously who didn't think he was a decent Premier league player virtually from the start. Same with mane. I haven't seen anything from this bloke that would suggest that.
Point taken, so write him off after 7 games then.

But it's equally acceptable to want to see him some more before a full assessment is made. The evidence isn't looking good but equally his opportunities last season were not in an ideal situation.

The more I'm following the transfer market plus the gossip around our club, I'm starting to believe we will get some of the following.

PLAYERS IN WITH THE MONEY IN OUR KITTY:

Gibson - Boro (Reckon we are sorting out a price as we speak)

Shaqiri - Stoke (Pretty well known that he is available at 12m)

Promes - CKSA (We need a pacy winger and I reckon it's a matter of time before it's going to be announced)

PLAYERS OUT TO RAISE SOME EXTRA FUNDS:

Boufal - Off back to France and we are probably trying to get a few extra quid.

Gabby - Off to Italy as IMHO he has not settled in the UK as his wife does not want to live here.

NEEDED EXTRA WITH THE BOUFAL AND GABBY MONEY:

Target man with height and pace (nobody springs to mind but a dream would be Bas Dost)

Midfield hardman with loads of energy (Would love Maddison from Norwich but I fear he might be too crocked)

CEDRIC AND BERTRAND LEAVING?

Get a right and left back in as a like for like. Use Stephens, Yoshida and Valerie as cover (right) while Taggert is capable as a cover (left)

SUMMARY:

Leader and captain in defence

Hardman in midfield

Pacy winger

Good target striker

You have an opinion on Gabbi’s wife??

But it's equally acceptable to want to see him some more before a full assessment is made. The evidence isn't looking good but equally his opportunities last season were not in an ideal situation.
Agree, the price tag is not the lads fault. I feel that many are judging him purely on his lack of goals, which is understandable, but I would like to think a good pre-season, better manager and playing in a team that is not bereft confidence might give him the lift he needs.