Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

sounds likes hughes is a fan of him here http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/11133697/xherdan-shaqiri-was-a-steal-says-stoke-boss-mark-hughes

if the 12m clause is true could well be on our radar.

I would imagine the wages would rule him out.

Saints have among the highest wagebills in European football at £112m in 2016/17 season. Saints are not cheap on wages.

How did Hughes get on with Shaqiri at the end of his Stoke tenure? Curious if they had a falling out at all?

I can remember seeing analysis of Shaqiri just walking around the pitch during matches.

Think that's just Shaqiri's bad attitude. He also slagged of his team mates whilst on International duty. Personally i hope we steer clear of him.

Think that's just Shaqiri's bad attitude. He also slagged of his team mates whilst on International duty. Personally i hope we steer clear of him.

He was in a constant strop with his team mates at St Mary's this season. Didn't strike me as a team player at all.

Either Kane or Aguero then. I'm not fussed.

Premier League strikers with 20 or more goals...

2017/18 season...

4 = Salah, Kane, Aguero, Vardy

2016/17 season...

5 = Kane, Lukaku, Costa, Sanchez, Aguero

2015/16 season...

3 = Kane, Aguero, Vardy

who would everyone prefer if we had the choice out of sisto,promes or shaquiri?

think im just about leaning sisto. looks to have quite good use of the ball imo although promes does look more direct and score more goals

Sisto looks handy, but bear in mind that these clips presumably show his BEST stuff.

Picks ball up, faces up to defender... cuts inside, passes it off. Sound familiar?! And it's not one clip, he does it virtually every time, and he barely goes past anyone. I just don't think that's what we need, but of course it probably IS what Reed and the other footballing gurus think we do.

Saints have among the highest wagebills in European football at £112m in 2016/17 season. Saints are not cheap on wages.

Think we just have a lot of players on medium/large wages (i.e. £40k - £80k bracket), rather than a few on £120k+ and a few on £20k

We aren't going to pay anyone over £80k / week IMO.

No, but then surely he's gonna be looking for £100k+ a week if he moves; Everton can offer that, not sure Saints would.

Sounds like Gabbiadini. People talk about strikers, but at our level, who could we get who would definitely be better than Gabbiadini? I'd rather just get more service and pace around him. Tadic/Gabbiadini/Promes would be a vast improvement on this years attack IMO.

Absolutely agree with that. I am interested to see what Hughes brings next season with the pressure off and a pre-season to work with the players.

What he gave us in the last 8 matches was a significant improvement over his two predecessors in terms of attacking threat and balance. I would like to see what he can do when he can afford to be a bit less tactical with the game management (i.e. not just playing to keep it tight until 65min and then going for it).

I think he is a good manager who is being unfairly criticised by something of a harsh popularised view of him. His track record is very good and similar to what Saints have been in recent seasons. And the fact remains that we should be a better platform for him that Blackburn, Stoke, QPR etc. If he can achieve 6,7,8 finishes with those teams I do not see why he can't with saints. Plus he has the majority of the fans behind him already.

Think we just have a lot of players on medium/large wages (i.e. £40k - £80k bracket), rather than a few on £120k+ and a few on £20k

We aren't going to pay anyone over £80k / week IMO.

£112m wage bill is enough for 27 people to be on £80k p/w.

I do hope Cedric stays but should he move on, then I would be pleased to see Kaderabak of Hoffenheim as a replacement.

What's this young CB for RB Salzburg, Carleta-Car like? I see he has made the Croatia squad and is seemingly well rated

I like (and we seem to have moved away from) the transfer strategy we have 2-3 years ago where a big part of our recruitment was:

- Sign a player from a big club who has lost their way a bit and has a point to prove (Bertrand and Romeu)

- Sign the best players from the division below (Clyne)

I'm a bit worried we have gone the way of 75% of the division and are just looking at a foreign player with a fancy name.........

For the former I would look at

- Callum Chambers (right back - Arsenal)

- Carl Jenkinson (right back - Arsenal)

- Lucas Perez (forward - Arsenal)

- Joel Campbell (forward - Arsenal)

- Kurt Zouma (centre back - Chelsea)

- Marco Van-Ginkle (attacking midfielder - Chelsea)

- Kennedy (attacking midfielder - Chelsea)

- Lucas Piazon (forward - Chelsea)

- Loftus-Cheek (forward - Chelsea)

I like (and we seem to have moved away from) the transfer strategy we have 2-3 years ago where a big part of our recruitment was:

- Sign a player from a big club who has lost their way a bit and has a point to prove (Bertrand and Romeu)

I'm a bit worried we have gone the way of 75% of the division and are just looking at a foreign player with a fancy name.........

Chelsea are certainly worth a look. Ridiculous amount of talented players on their books.

Chalobah & Loftus-Cheek were players I wanted us to get last summer.

Couple of good options for the second criteria:

- Ryan Frederiks (right back - Fulham)

I'd be reluctant in most other positions for Championship to Premiership step up.

After the World Cup I don't think we would stand a chance of the last name on that list. If he stays free of injury I think he will have a very good World Cup.

I would have signed Tom Cairney for the past few windows.

We also clearly need someone to replace Mane. And we need a mobile target man that can score and link play.

Would certainly go for Shaqiri if he is on the cheap. Wonder if he likes Hughes or not.

Shaqiri same player as Tadic and thats worked out well hasnt it? not for me looks to stroppy to be a team player ,it shouldnt be about him rather than the team.

Shaqiri same player as Tadic and thats worked out well hasnt it? not for me looks to stroppy to be a team player ,it shouldnt be about him rather than the team.

Why do you think it hasn't? He has among the best creative stats in the Premier League since he arrived in 2014.

Yeah, i'd rather not have a player that can score goals from nothing 30 yards out, score free kicks, pick out a killer pass because he is perceived as "stroppy" and just have 11 Shane Longs running around and trying really hard.

Alacer has been mentioned as a target for us a few times last season.

ALCACER WANTS NEW CLUB

Barcelona have told Paco Alcacer to look for a new club this summer, reports Mundo Deportivo.

Barca have already informed defender Aleix Vidal and midfielder Andre Gomes that they are surplus to requirements and have now told striker Alcacer the same thing.

The forward, who is under contract at the Camp Nou until 2020, does not feature in coach Ernesto Valverde’s future plans, although he would like to stay at the club.

Barca are yet to receive any formal offers for the Spaniard, who has scored seven goals this season.

Yeah, i'd rather not have a player that can score goals from nothing 30 yards out, score free kicks, pick out a killer pass because he is perceived as "stroppy" and just have 11 Shane Longs running around and trying really hard.

I absolutely agree but would have agreed more if you had used your African style writing rather than this Glaswegian style used here.

Barca also planning to get rid of Munir according to the Sun. 14 goals and 7 assists in all comps on loan at Valencia last year (10 & 6 in the league), and averaged 75 mins per game in the league. Probably out of our reach already, but that's about as good a performance as I can remember from one of those twenty-something Barca loanees.

Barca also planning to get rid of Munir according to the Sun. 14 goals and 7 assists in all comps on loan at Valencia last year (10 & 6 in the league), and averaged 75 mins per game in the league. Probably out of our reach already, but that's about as good a performance as I can remember from one of those twenty-something Barca loanees.

Actually was at Alaves last season - not sure if that makes his performance look better or worse.