Summer 2018 Transfer/HCDAJFU Thread

SuperSAINT

They want £27m for him.

Player transfers are mad who is going to pay them 27m for a player they don't even want and isn't a regular. I don't normally feel sorry for millionaire footballers but if he wants to play regularly leaving Liverpool is his only option and they are scuppering that with a totally unrealistic price tag leaving the lad stuck in limbo.

Player transfers are mad who is going to pay them 27m for a player they don't even want and isn't a regular. I don't normally feel sorry for millionaire footballers but if he wants to play regularly leaving Liverpool is his only option and they are scuppering that with a totally unrealistic price tag leaving the lad stuck in limbo.

Palace paid a similar amount for Benteke.

You remember we paid £20M for the goal machine Carillo, right?

Origi at this stage of the window with us in our current situation, has got to be tempting. I mean he's not a bad player, he's quite quick bit of a handful, would offer us something we don't have. In this ridiculous market, if we could negotiate to something like £20m I'd probably take him...

Fulham & Mitrovic ;)

I think we’re taking a massive gamble if we don’t get another striker in.

I don’t care what some of his critics think, but if Austin stays fit he’ll score 15 ish a season. The issue is whether he’ll stay fit and nothing I’ve seen so far indicates that he will.

Long won’t score enough & Gallagher is untested .

Looks like we’re relying on Gabbi playing better for Hughes than he did for the whole of last season & Charlie staying fit. Personally, I think that’s a gamble too far when you bare in mind the lack of goals from other areas of the pitch.

If Hughes has any sense he'll build the team to provide Gabbiadini with the opportunities that he, previously, thrived on; ball to the by-line, cross it, goal! If we can put the ball in the right areas at the right time he'll thrive. Still think we could do with another striker though.

I think we’re taking a massive gamble if we don’t get another striker in.

I don’t care what some of his critics think, but if Austin stays fit he’ll score 15 ish a season. The issue is whether he’ll stay fit and nothing I’ve seen so far indicates that he will.

Long won’t score enough & Gallagher is untested .

Looks like we’re relying on Gabbi playing better for Hughes than he did for the whole of last season & Charlie staying fit. Personally, I think that’s a gamble too far when you bare in mind the lack of goals from other areas of the pitch.

If Hughes has any sense he'll build the team to provide Gabbiadini with the opportunities that he, previously, thrived on; ball to the by-line, cross it, goal! If we can put the ball in the right areas at the right time he'll thrive. Still think we could do with another striker though.

I choose to be positive.

Long will have an great season and score 12

Gabbiadini 15

Austin 6

Gallagher 4

According to SSN, Barcelona have set Alcacer's asking price at £27 million. Leicester and Everton interested - that's a bit out of our price range I reckon. SPORT in Spain reckon he's rejected Watford and another club is in for him. https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelona-striker-paco-alcacer-studying-a-premier-league-offer-6966972

Also Baj, what's with the full stop announcement at the top of the main page? :)

According to SSN, Barcelona have set Alcacer's asking price at £27 million. Leicester and Everton interested - that's a bit out of our price range I reckon. SPORT in Spain reckon he's rejected Watford and another club is in for him. https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelona-striker-paco-alcacer-studying-a-premier-league-offer-6966972

Also Baj, what's with the full stop announcement at the top of the main page? :)

why should that be out of our price range?

it shouldn't be but it is...Carillo 19m do you trust us to spend 27m on a small untried Juanmi like player? Rather than proven?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's why I hope we are still after Promes. Proven quality at the highest level.

it shouldn't be but it is...Carillo 19m do you trust us to spend 27m on a small untried Juanmi like player? Rather than proven?

why?

no one ever thought we would pay someone circa £100k a week, yet we (supposedly) are

I choose to be positive.

Long will have an great season and score 12

Gabbiadini 15

Austin 6

Gallagher 4

:lol:

Long hasn't scored 12 in his career

Gabbi will be lucky to have 15 shots

Austin won't complete 6 games

Galagher won't make 4 sub appearances

We need another striker..!

i worry a bit about alcacers physique for the prem not really built or pacy

I get Peter crouch in for a season big target man up top put him and vestergard in the mixer for set pieces let the games begin

But on a side note a target man is what we need someone who can hold the ball up and is good with headers, Granziano Pelle come home he is exactly what we are crying out for.

[emoji38]

Long hasn't scored 12 in his career

Gabbi will be lucky to have 15 shots

Austin won't complete 6 games

Galagher won't make 4 sub appearances

We need another striker..!

Long scored 12 in 15-16.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well after a promising start to the window, it seems its going to fizzle out. No new striker means, lack of goals and lack of wins, meaning lower table struggle from the off. A Facebook post this evening claims Austin has picked up an injury in training. Great news if true....not. To my mind Les and the rest of the recruitment team are in danger of making what could have been a great window, look like another disaster.

I agree with 6/10. Decent start, get the logic behind each signing amd whilst all unproven, they each have potential.

But we still lacking pace and quality in the final third and have no backup or competition for Cedric.

Get a good attacker it becomes 8/10, competent RB and get shot of Forster and its 9/10

I do think the league as a whole will be stronger next season. Wolves and Fulham have come up and made excellent signings, so it will be very tight in the bottom half - hopefully we have enough to be in the upper part of that section, but I'm not sure we do.

why?

no one ever thought we would pay someone circa £100k a week, yet we (supposedly) are

because of who we are now owned by and the debt we have to service.

In a few years maybe but not until we clear out the fringe and trim down squad.

because of who we are now owned by and the debt we have to service.

In a few years maybe but not until we clear out the fringe and trim down squad.

What debt? You do understand that there no evidence whatsoever that we were subjected to a leveraged buyout right?

our window, 6/10 so far,

Slightly generous I think.

In: a player that struggled to get in celtics side, a CB that is tall but slow, a decent looking but raw backup GK and Elyounoussi who has delivered in the Swiss league but could easily be another Boufal and or Gaston false hope.

Out: Tadic - our most consistent provider the past 4 years (sold cheaply) our most exciting player (Boufal) and our record signing.

Looks like a 5/10 at best right now.

Still major gaps in the squad and we will struggle without further additions

Slightly generous I think.

In: a player that struggled to get in celtics side, a CB that is tall but slow, a decent looking but raw backup GK and Elyounoussi who has delivered in the Swiss league but could easily be another Boufal and or Gaston false hope.

Out: Tadic - our most consistent provider the past 4 years (sold cheaply) our most exciting player (Boufal) and our record signing.

Looks like a 5/10 at best right now.

Still major gaps in the squad and we will struggle without further additions

Glass half empty view, or possibly completely empty

Or on the flip side, a player with champs league experience who scored 17 in his first season with celtic and whos second season was marred by injury; a promising centreback who also has champs league experience was a consistent performer in the bundesliga; a young backup GK who was excellent in the championship last year and is being touted as a future england international; and an exciting winger who made his mark with some very good performances in the champs league

Out -Tadic, great servant but for large parts of the last two seasons was ineffective. Boufal - exciting talent ruined by a selfish attitude, not to mention spends more time on the deck than on his feet

Its hard to rate transfer windows until you've played a good chunk of the season and seen how everyone's new signings actually work. We are really good on here at hailing some other team as having a great transfer window, showing ambition and buying really good players only to watch said team have a **** poor season. We've also signed players that looked good at the time but after a while you realise just aren't up to it (hello Boufal).

So I'm just going to wait and see how things pan out.

Glass half empty view, or possibly completely empty

Or on the flip side, a player with champs league experience who scored 17 in his first season with celtic and whos second season was marred by injury; a promising centreback who also has champs league experience was a consistent performer in the bundesliga; a young backup GK who was excellent in the championship last year and is being touted as a future england international; and an exciting winger who made his mark with some very good performances in the champs league

Out -Tadic, great servant but for large parts of the last two seasons was ineffective. Boufal - exciting talent ruined by a selfish attitude, not to mention spends more time on the deck than on his feet

I prefer your version.